Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
    The wings will have money to spend. They had money to spend last year. Nobody good wants to play for them.
    Hmmmmmm.

That is a pretty broad statement.

I am guessing Datsuyk does and I would call him good. (He is getting a bit long in the tooth, though).

Just because Parise and Suter did not sign, does not mean good players don't want to play for the Wings.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• In fact I would think just the opposite. The storied history of this franchise is itself an attraction. As for the series, I thought if deteroit was going to win, they would have to pull it out in six games, because winning a game seven in Chicago would be next to impossible. But they almost pulled it out. And before anyone says Chicago got robbed of a goal in the third, look at the replay, you will notice the Hawks were also offside. Detroit more than answered the call and gave us great hockey for the last six weeks. Bravo.
      Last edited by The Cat; May 30, 2013, 07:43 AM.

Comment

• For their youth, they certainly didn't embarass themselves.
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• The Wings almost pulled it out. Disappointed in the Wings losing three straight to lose the series but it was a great series and great game 7 going into overtime.
          All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Sucks how it ended, but considering they almost missed the playoffs, a good run. There might not be a superstar among the young guys on the team, but they definitely have a future. That being said...

Go Kings.

Fuck Chicago.
            Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Sucks how it ended, but considering they almost missed the playoffs, a good run. There might not be a superstar among the young guys on the team, but they definitely have a future. That being said...

Go Kings.

Fuck Chicago.
              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Originally posted by CaptainBlue View Post
                Well it was a fun run. I'm proud of them for making it as far as they did. I never expected them to go that far. The Wings lost to a much better team.

I think the Wings could use another goal scorer. I wasn't too impressed with our forwards. Howard was impressive and the defensive wasn't too bad. Our forwards just couldn't seem to get anything going.
                Are you kidding?

The defense was ATROCIOUS all playoffs. Those little narcoleptic fits they kept having all year? Those are due to horrible positioning in the defensive end and poor decisions with the puck coming out of their zone.

It is true that they need a solid scorer, preferably a power forward like Franzen is supposed to be, but the biggest problem with the Wings is that their defense past Kronwall and Ericsson was largely non-existent for long stretches and at key moments (like when trying to close out leads in the third period).

Dekeyser and Colcivechio (I'll learn how to spell that name eventually) look like they could be the #2 pairing... but Smith, White, and Kindl are all horribly inconsistent (Smith and White could just need the experience at the NHL level, though), and Quincey is simply worthless.

Comment

• I was going to say the same thing Frank said but since he said it twice, I won't.

Comment

• "The wings will have money to spend. They had money to spend last year. Nobody good wants to play for them."
                    -------------------------------Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. NOT!!!!

"The Wings lost to a much better team."
                    ---------------------------------They lost to a better team. Calling them a much better team is a little much. This was a great series and the Wings proved they belonged unlike many thought. The Blackhawks are a better team. They aren't that much better however and the Wings proved it.

"I was going to say the same thing Frank said but since he said it twice, I won't."
                    -------------------------I'm down with that as well.
                    Last edited by DanO; May 30, 2013, 11:28 AM.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                      In fact I would think just the opposite. The storied history of this franchise is itself an attraction. As for the series, I thought if deteroit was going to win, they would have to pull it out in six games, because winning a game seven in Chicago would be next to impossible. But they almost pulled it out. And before anyone says Chicago got robbed of a goal in the third, look at the replay, you will notice the Hawks were also offside. Detroit more than answered the call and gave us great hockey for the last six weeks. Bravo.
                      ------------------------------Nice post Cat. I agree completely.
                      GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Newbomb Turk View Post
                        that was fun...... too bad it didn't work out.

I look forward to the next Wings season a lot more than the next Lions season
                        Is their anything more fun and nerve wracking then OT in game 7 of a good hockey series.

Fun season and though disappointing they couldn't finish the Hawks off, I fully appreciate the effort.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Is their anything more fun and nerve wracking then OT in game 7 of a good hockey series.
                          That would be a triple OT
                          Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                            Sucks how it ended, but considering they almost missed the playoffs, a good run. There might not be a superstar among the young guys on the team, but they definitely have a future. That being said...

Go Kings.

Fuck Chicago.
                            There's nothing worse than losing to any Chicago team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Van Dusen View Post
                              Sucks how it ended, but considering they almost missed the playoffs, a good run. There might not be a superstar among the young guys on the team, but they definitely have a future. That being said...

Go Kings.

Fuck Chicago.

Nice post Frank...deserves repeating.

Malto you almost called it....you said the wings in seven.....They sure came close!

Wings Fan tony and Jaadam....I hope you will be in this thread next year I enjoy your comments.

Dano.......well I know you will be here....

Comment

• Cat, you called it correctly that Wings can not win a game 7 on hostile ice.

Before the series started I was not convinced of that and to be honest, I am a bit disappointed they had 3 chances to end the series but, did not.

That does not, however, mean their season was a disappointment and they did come to play in the playoffs.

The youth needs more seasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X