Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
    so FIFA has a new president .... Giovanni Infantino? What does that mean and why is it so important.
    There has been no more corrupt Sport administration in the world than FIFA. An argument could be made the NFL is a close second but, they avoid the perception of corruption by having the gang of 32 approve the greasing of the palms.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    It means he will now be the one receiving backhanders so that the 2026 World Cup can be held in Outer Mongolia.
    I was thinking Syria. .......oh wait they already have Russia and Qatar on their schedule.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That is the ultimate Money, money, blah, money sport.

Comment

• -OZ- Where are ye? Those Liverpool penalties were horrendous! What's going on there then?
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Cruel defeat for Hibernian, I hope Marko is OK.

Comment

• Yes, FL. Cruel is one way of putting it. Absolutely gutted on Sunday at Hampden Park. Hibs dominated from start to finish, but if they can't put the ball in the net during the main part of the game, well, only themselves to blame. But for Ross to score in the 89th minute....., serious blow to the balls.

Then the complete arsehole section of the Hibs fans started fighting amongst themselves. Myself, a buddy, my son and his two mates were in an Asda superstore outside the ground after the game when it all kicked off, five police riot vans all steamed in and done their best to control it. We only went to the store to use their toilets. All of us were like, "yeah fk this, let's get out of here and take a leak further along the M8!"

Scottish Cup game tomorrow night in Inverness. Son talked me into going. Glutton for punishment. Taking afternoon off, we'll head off around 2pm......., nice scenic, non stressful, non rush hour drive up to the highlands. The team better make it worth while.
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• I will be in Glasgow on Friday, it sounds like the Weather has been OK over there.

Comment

• It's been ok, no rain, bits of sunshine, but it's cold. Had to scrape the ice off the windscreen past two mornings.

Early weather reports for the Weig for the weekend show average temps of 5 degrees C and cloud. Bring coats!

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                  It's been ok, no rain, bits of sunshine, but it's cold. Had to scrape the ice off the windscreen past two mornings.
                  It's windshield. Screens have holes in them to let the wind come through.:p

Comment

• ^ Dear God, MM......, it's like you've been possessed by Tony G!

Comment

• :D

Comment

^ Dear God, MM......, it's like you've been possessed by Tony G!
                        Perhaps, but he is correct.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                          Perhaps, but he is correct.
                          Not exactly, UK. My tv screen hasn't got fucking holes in it. Dont tell me you guys call it a TV shield? Wide shield cinema?

Comment

• Just managed to catch up on proceedings with the Croatian league and Osijek there, Essek. Vital win last Friday night v Inter Zapresic and out of the relegation zone. Pretty sure they'll defeat Zagreb this Friday making it two on the bounce. Difficult game after that v Dinamo Zagreb though. Win Friday will boost confidence though.

'MON THE OSIJEK!

Comment

Not exactly, UK. My tv screen hasn't got fucking holes in it. Dont tell me you guys call it a TV shield? Wide shield cinema?
                              Of course we call it a TV shield, what else would we call it?
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

Very interesting!

I never thought of it that way before.

Is it possible TV Screens and Movie Screens are called screens because one side of them has a porous surface that allows projecting images on it?

Comment

Working...
                                X