Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Football (OR POLITICAL) things that piss you off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    Not wanting to change the subject from the importance of this storm and the people involved........, but you've forced me to ask, MM! What happened at the drinking fountain? Drive by shooting or something?

Still haven't forgotten the article I read on this site about the 1st & 4th murderous cities in AMERICA, were Flint & Detroit respectively. I found that hard to believe then, and still do.
    The public water system in Flint was intentionally switched from City of Detroit water to pumping it from a nearby river. The water contains unacceptable amounts of lead in it and nearly 3 years later, the problem is still not fully solved.

.......as far as the Murder rates.......

Ya, there is a gangsta presence in both citys of lowlife scum that has no values for life.

Two simple rules will put one in the 90 percentile of never being a victim.

1. Stay out of the hoods they brag they control.
    2. Arm yourself and make sure you have the proper amount of training if you should ever have to use it.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The Flint water situation is a criminal endeavor by an incompetent politician that has resulted in children (and others) being subjected to life-altering poisoning and brain damage - from drinking water from their own homes. And the same poor community being charged for this water that they are told is not fit for consumption, bathing, cooking, washing, etc.
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• The US school situation is a criminal endeavor by an incompetent politician that has resulted in children (and others) being subjected to life-altering poisoning and brain damage.
        ^ This too
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• "The public water system in Flint was intentionally switched from City of Detroit water to pumping it from a nearby river. The water contains unacceptable amounts of lead in it and nearly 3 years later, the problem is still not fully solved."
          -----------------------------------Let me shed a little light on how this occurred. The City of Detroit has a properly treated water. One that is called depositing. This means the water "deposits" a very thin film on the inside of the pipe so as not to leach metals from the pipe into the water. When the water was switched to the river they didn't treat the water in this fashion probably because it costs more. The water they were providing was caustic causing the film on the inside of the pipes to be dissolved and then the caustic water started leaching lead into the water system through direct contact with the pipes. All of this film on the inside of the pipes which was dissolved is what caused the color brownish color problem.

BTW, my ex co-worker is now the manager of the water plant in Flint.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
            ^ This too
            Apples and Oranges.
            Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
              "The public water system in Flint was intentionally switched from City of Detroit water to pumping it from a nearby river. The water contains unacceptable amounts of lead in it and nearly 3 years later, the problem is still not fully solved."
              -----------------------------------Let me shed a little light on how this occurred. The City of Detroit has a properly treated water. One that is called depositing. This means the water "deposits" a very thin film on the inside of the pipe so as not to leach metals from the pipe into the water. When the water was switched to the river they didn't treat the water in this fashion probably because it costs more. The water they were providing was caustic causing the film on the inside of the pipes to be dissolved and then the caustic water started leaching lead into the water system through direct contact with the pipes. All of this film on the inside of the pipes which was dissolved is what caused the color brownish color problem.

BTW, my ex co-worker is now the manager of the water plant in Flint.
              Yeah, but they saved a few bucks.

Which will now be spent (and more) defending the Governor from criminal charges.
              Lions Fans.

Comment

• All about the money. I'm sure the water plant personnel knew better but were told to stay quite.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

All about the money. I'm sure the water plant personnel knew better but were told to stay quite.
                  Seems to me I read somewhere the chemicals would only cost a couple hundred bucks a day.

Now they are facing a couple of hundred million to fix it.

Comment

All about the money. I'm sure the water plant personnel knew better but were told to stay quite.
                    I am sure that is the case.
                    Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                      Seems to me I read somewhere the chemicals would only cost a couple hundred bucks a day.

Now they are facing a couple of hundred million to fix it.
                      "smart nerd" indeed.
                      Lions Fans.

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        "smart nerd" indeed.
                        This would be the decision of the Emergency Manager (appointed by the smart nerd).

Coincidentally after leaving the EM position at Flint, he was appointed to be the EM for Detroit Public Schools and had to resign amid scandal.

Comment

• Last week a University of Michigan prof stated out of the 171 lines they tested 166 of them had lead lines on the city side. He said the $27 million the state legislature has provided will not be nearly enough.

In response, the legislature has launched an investigation of the cost involved in replacing lead lines. They are claiming that Flint is overcharging them. They and Gov Ricky are saying that the water is safe to drink with the lead filters. Mayor Weaver of Flint disagrees vehemently on the water safe to drink as long as there are lead lines.

Gov Ricky is a bad governor, but the state legislature is appalling.
                          2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            This would be the decision of the Emergency Manager (appointed by the smart nerd).

Coincidentally after leaving the EM position at Flint, he was appointed to be the EM for Detroit Public Schools and had to resign amid scandal.
                            I don't doubt it. But in no way would I ever believe that the smart nerd was not knowingly culpable in this.
                            Lions Fans.

Comment

• "Seems to me I read somewhere the chemicals would only cost a couple hundred bucks a day."
                              -----------------------------Not sure on costs of product(Orthophosphate which is a corrosion inhibitor)and their average daily production, but that sounds very probably.

"Now they are facing a couple of hundred million to fix it."
                              -----------------------------------Yep. Try to be cheap and it costs way more in the end not to mention the health issues.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• That's why you should just buy the clean expensive call girl first.

Oh, wait....

How do you delete this thing?
                                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

Working...
                                X