OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are the apps for it?
    Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• You can open, modify and save Office docs on an iPhone, I think on Android too?
      Atlanta, GA

Comment

• It's sort of a royal pain to try to view a spreadsheet on a phone though
        Benny Blades~"If you break down this team man for man, we have talent to compare with any team."

Comment

• I've just got a Lumia 800 on a good deal (couldn't afford a 820), really, really like it. There are a couple of apps I'd like (Gamepass and f-Sim), but I can live without them. I like the free sat-nav Nokia give, although I heard it's not so good in the U.S.
          AAL Quintez Cephus
          If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• I always love when you can see all five (six, counting earth) naked-eye planets in a single day.

Saturn, Venus, Mercury in the morning; Jupiter and Mars in the evening.

Saturn's rings visible with my binocs this time around. Last time (about a year or so ago) I couldn't make 'em out.

Slewed my aim to look for Neptune, and the other blue one I won't mention to preclude the stupid joke, but I couldn't see either.
            Last edited by Drew; December 22, 2012, 07:47 PM.
            ------------
            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• We went to the U of D womens basketball game and we won a cheap Coby Android tablet. My wife was the only one to answer all 4 questions correctly.

Comment

• All I see is Mole Asses...
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew View Post
                  I always love when you can see all five (six, counting earth) naked-eye planets in a single day.

Saturn, Venus, Mercury in the morning; Jupiter and Mars in the evening.

Saturn's rings visible with my binocs this time around. Last time (about a year or so ago) I couldn't make 'em out.

Slewed my aim to look for Neptune, and the other blue one I won't mention to preclude the stupid joke, but I couldn't see either.
                  I really need to make the effort to try and see Saturns rings. I've only tried a couple of times.
                  I still get childlike excitement from seeing the ISS fly overhead (just like a do when low flying aircraft fly over my workplace).
                  AAL Quintez Cephus
                  If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                    I've just got a Lumia 800 on a good deal (couldn't afford a 820), really, really like it. There are a couple of apps I'd like (Gamepass and f-Sim), but I can live without them. I like the free sat-nav Nokia give, although I heard it's not so good in the U.S.
                    Hey, Dean...I have a 920 and just love it. Doesn't the 800 have the older OS on it though? Either way, very nice hardware from Nokia.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Originally posted by -Deborah- View Post
                      Hey, Dean...I have a 920 and just love it. Doesn't the 800 have the older OS on it though? Either way, very nice hardware from Nokia.
                      Yeah it's the 7.5, although an upgrade to 7.8 is due and I think there's going to be another after that. There's not too much in 8 that I'm missing out on. 7.8 adds more tiling options, so the smaller tiles and full width. It's great hardware and OS, links up with Skydrive really smoothly, I guess I'll be posting from the Wembley game next year!
                      AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• Happy to see happy windows phone customers. Deb is right ... once you use it for a while the Android stuff seems so retro.

I'm posting this from a Surface RT. I'm liking/using it a lot more than I thought I would (it is company issued). The Windows 8 os is ok on a desktop or laptop but it is absolutely awesome on a tablet. there's some real UI innovation going on here that I don't think the critics are really getting.

Apart from the UI innovations, One of the cool things about the Surface is that you can set up multiple accounts on it. So I've got this Surface set up so anyone in the family can use it and get to their stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeanUK View Post
                          I really need to make the effort to try and see Saturns rings. I've only tried a couple of times.
                          I still get childlike excitement from seeing the ISS fly overhead (just like a do when low flying aircraft fly over my workplace).
                          I had been looking for Saturn's moons but I couldn't see any. When I look right at the planet, I think one appears at the 2 o'clock spot but when I go to focus there, it disappears.
                          ------------
                          <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

• Just had fibre installed at my work (Remote farm near a small village), we were getting about 2Mbps. Woohoo!

Last edited by DeanUK; January 11, 2013, 09:18 AM.
                            AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• so does everything just blink on instead of "loading"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Tony G View Post
                                so does everything just blink on instead of "loading"?
                                No, I was expecting it to suddenly just appear, but I'm guessing things like picture rendering and the server serving speed is why it doesn't. That said it's only been up a couple of hours and we are a test project so it may change. Did download a 1GB file in just under a minute, although I guess in theory it should be quicker, again possibly the server the file was sat on is the bottleneck?
                                AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

Working...
                                X