Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
    Hmmmmmm.

I wonder what seed the current Stanley Cup Champion was last year?
    and wasn't it just 2 years ago where the 5,6,7,8 seeds all won their first round matchups in the Wales conference?
    Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
      and wasn't it just 2 years ago where the 5,6,7,8 seeds all won their first round matchups in the Wales conference?
      And who was the champion that year?

EDIT: Mass and I had the wrong year. That happened in 2010 (4,6,7,8 all won the in the east).

The champion? The #2 seed Chicago Blackhawks.
      Last edited by chemiclord; April 23, 2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

• The LA Kings were the best 8th seed team in history.

They had so much talent that was under-performing and the shake-up at the deadline where they brought in Carter and reunited him with Richards. From that moment on they were the best team in the NHL, they may have only ended up at 8th seed but they had been playing the best hockey leading into the month and a half before the playoffs.
        2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post

And as for last year, Malto... care to tell me how many times that's happened? I'll give you a hint. It's less than two. But ANYTHING can happen. Okay.

You can dream what will happen. I'll tell you what will happen. "Chicago wins series 4-0."
          I am willing to bet if the Wings get in and play the Hawks in the first round, they will not be swept.

...........and I am willing to make further bets on 3-2, 3-3.

........but first they have to get there and you have to agree to a 4-0 bet.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

I am willing to bet if the Wings get in and play the Hawks in the first round, they will not be swept.

...........and I am willing to make further bets on 3-2, 3-3.

........but first they have to get there and you have to agree to a 4-0 bet.
            Had this been near the start of the year... I'd agree with you.

As the two teams are right now? I honestly don't see the Wings winning a game. Their last two meetings were a 7-1 smackdown and a 3-2 shootout loss where Chicago was effectively caught sleeping after securing the division crown (and Howard had an incredible night to balance things further).

As for the bets; I don't bet. Never have, never will.
            Last edited by chemiclord; April 23, 2013, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
              Had this been near the start of the year... I'd agree with you.

As the two teams are right now? I honestly don't see the Wings winning a game. Their last two meetings were a 7-1 smackdown and a 3-2 shootout loss where Chicago was effectively caught sleeping after securing the division crown (and Howard had an incredible night to balance things further).

As for the bets; I don't bet. Never have, never will.
              OK, not bets, however, I will continue the debate and if they do make the playoffs, I will be the first to let you know.

......and if they do win a game, I will be the first to let you know.

.......and if they do win the series, I will expect you to accept the intangible of getting into the playoffs.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

OK, not bets, however, I will continue the debate and if they do make the playoffs, I will be the first to let you know.

......and if they do win a game, I will be the first to let you know.

.......and if they do win the series, I will expect you to accept the intangible of getting into the playoffs.
                If they win a game... cool.

If they somehow win the series... that would just prove that the NHL is more of a crapshoot than the other major sports, which I already acknowledge it is... but yeah, I'd still have a lot of crow to munch on.

I would really have to go soak my head if they became the second 8-seed to win the Cup in a row.

Comment

• Scoreboard watching now, not good, Minnesota wins and Dallas looks like they will also.

Comment

• This sucks, im actually biting my tongue for now, hoping we get in. I don't like all the terrible rumors about Babcock, will post about it after the season.

Comment

• Wow, Dallas blew a huge opportunity tonight, they could have leap frogged the Wings and Columbus to temporarily the #8 spot. Giving up 2 goals late to the Sharks, that last game @ Dallas will probably be a 'play on' to the playoffs game.

Comment

• Nice!!
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                          I don't like all the terrible rumors about Babcock, will post about it after the season.
                          Babcock isn't going anywhere man. That's the best coach in the league IMO.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yea, but if he really is part of the problem FA not coming here, and players wanting to leave he may have worn out his welcome. I'll just leave it at that, I really want top see Red Wing playoff hockey before speculating to much.

Comment

• Guys don't like playing for him. Thats been an issue for a long time. It hurt them in free agency last year. But it probably wasn't the deal breaker.

Comment

• It's not Babcock's fault Holland only tried to sign Suter and Parise. I was clamoring for Semin and Holland flat out said they wouldn't be pursuing him after we lost out on the Suter and Parise sweepstakes. He would have been the perfect winger for Datsyuk and might make him a little more likely to stay given he has a big skilled russian on his wing to play with.

There have been "rumblings" coming out of the locker room about getting tired of Babcock but that's the same bullshit these "journalists" were saying mid-season in Babcock's first season following Yzerman's retirement; back then they were saying Lids was leading a mutiny and had soured on Babs.
                                2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

Working...
                                X