No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Croatia a lot of people are rooting for Hezonja to get picked by Pistons, his dad said it would be a good thing, cuz they consider Van Gundy great coach

As far as I'm concerned, being Croatian basketball fan, please don't let him go to Kings and become a bust
    http://www.scribd.com/doc/7781751/Osijek-In-Your-Pocket

Comment

• The media outlets are saying Hezonja will likely be gone by the time Detroit picks. They'll probably need to trade up to the Knicks pick to safety get him and the price for that would likely be unreasonable. Maybe a sign and trade with Monroe to the Knicks or something, but I have no idea how that really works. I know Phil Jackson likes Monroe in the triangle though.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• NY has enough cap room to sign Monroe without a trade. They can have him.

Comment

• I have no idea how sign and trade keeps coming up with Monroe. He's unrestricted and the Knicks are under the cap. It's not happening.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
            If WCS is there at 8 and Winslow and Hezonja are gone, imho you have to take him.
            if that were the case Stein would be my favorite prospect on the board but there's just not a fit for this team. He and Drummond aren't interchangeable on the floor at the same time and we're starving at SF, PF and need of a possible SG. He'll probably be a yearly DPoY candidate but he's got no offense and he's not replacing Drummond.

We couldn't waste a pick on a center if we weren't trading him.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• If Winslow and the euros are gone Stanley Johnson is the pick and we could do a whole lot worse. The kid could turn into something special.

Kstat hit the nail on the head with his shot. It can be wicked flat at times but hopefully he's still young enough for adjustments. This kid could play anything from SG, SF and PF which he played all in college and he can defend all those positions as well.

This all gets back to every legit talent is super young and haven't played enough college to figure out how great these kids can be. I think Johnson is the pick
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• With Stanley Johnson's shot, yes it needs some work.
                SJ did play PF / C in high school primarily, so he really doesn't have that much experience with his outside game.
                Johnson does have some good post moves.

IMO, it's definitely something a 19 year-old can improve given the lack of experience. Pistons' new shooting coach helps too.
                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                  With Stanley Johnson's shot, yes it needs some work.
                  SJ did play PF / C in high school primarily, so he really doesn't have that much experience with his outside game.
                  Johnson does have some good post moves.

IMO, it's definitely something a 19 year-old can improve given the lack of experience. Pistons' new shooting coach helps too.
                  Everybody on the Pistons forum seem to think Johnson played PG in high school. Maybe that was just for a stretch
                  WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• They got the idea from Stanley Johnson himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                      NY has enough cap room to sign Monroe without a trade. They can have him.
                      Right, but in a sign and trade NYC could unload contracts to the Pistons so they have more room to sign other guys.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                        I have no idea how sign and trade keeps coming up with Monroe. He's unrestricted and the Knicks are under the cap. It's not happening.
                        It's complicated, but the Pistons can technically offer Monroe the most money out of any team, and teams are often looking to unload contracts.

It seems to me that the Knicks, or another team, can make sure then get Monroe if they want him badly enough. Otherwise they'll have to win him on the open market. Does anyone want Monroe that bad? Maybe. Especially with the cap and max figures expected to grow a bunch soon.

Comment

• Non-Pistons, but NBA related... I don't understand the Hornets' long term strategy.
                          Blazers to trade Nic Batum to Hornets for Gerald Henderson, Noah Vonleh
                          The Portland Trail Blazers have traded small forward Nicolas Batum to the Charlotte Hornets for shooting guard Gerald Henderson and power forward Noah Vonleh.

Depth chart of:
                          PG - Kemba Walker, Brian Roberts
                          SG - Troy Daniels, PJ Hairston
                          SF - Kidd-Gilchrist, Batum, Marvin Williams, Matt Barnes
                          PF - Cody Zeller, Bismack Biyombo, Jeffrey Taylor
                          C - Al Jefferson, Spencer Hawes

They also want to trade Zeller? So much for developing your high draft picks.
                          That Pistons 2014 1st Round pick turned into a one year rental for the Hornets. I just don't understand why you draft a guy so high and give up on his in less than 12 months... and he is 19 years old... Dumb organization.

Given that depth chart, I think it's fair to say Booker will be the #9 pick tomorrow. IDK why you draft Stanley Johnson when you have MKG, Batum, Marvin Williams, and Matt Barnes at SF. SJ wouldn't get much playing time in 2015/2016, then the Hornets would give up on him by trade/ release/ something dumb.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Jordan has been a pretty crappy executive/owner...I think he's too busy bragging about how he can beat players on his team and not focused on building a winning franchise.

Comment

• Originally posted by Forsh View Post
                              Everybody on the Pistons forum seem to think Johnson played PG in high school. Maybe that was just for a stretch
                              It's cause he did.

Comment

• The more I think about it Booker will probably be rated higher on SVG board than SJ. I wouldn't be terribly upset with either.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X