No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who are the realistic candidates? Neither Harbaugh is coming (though maybe a better shot with John). Les Miles would require Brandon being gone from what I hear, so until that happens he's out.

Chuck Martin? Dan Mullen? Kliff Kingsbury? Greg Schiano (bleech)? These are the names I've seen tossed around. Mullen's the most interesting of that bunch I suppose

Comment

• I'll be honest to being partial towards Martin because he was part of GVSU's run of dominance in the previous decade. But I have no 'effin clue how well he'd handle running a big school.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
        Jim Mora Jr and Pete Carroll are (defensive) NFL guys that went to a college with good history (USC and UCLA) and restored them.
        Carroll obviously did extremely well at USC (minus the Reggie Bush stuff) and Mora Jr has UCLA good again.
        Rex Ryan, similar coach as them.
        Friggen Carrol honed his cheating skills at USC then took them to the NFL.

......minus not getting caught like the Reggie Bush stuff.
        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That student demonstration caused some change at Michigan.

An embattled University of Michigan athletic department has agreed to a number of significant concessions to the student body.

Comment

• "...including cutting student pricing for season football tickets following a 40-percent drop in purchases since 2013."
            There's your reason. The student protest remains useless.
            Last edited by chemiclord; October 16, 2014, 06:41 PM.

Comment

• [quote=chemiclord;902765]
              "...including cutting student pricing for season football tickets following a 40-percent drop in purchases since 2013."

There's your reason. The student protest remains useless.
              Yep
              I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Yeah OK

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                  Yeah OK
                  Considering the protest was FIRE Brandon, and the one thing that HASN'T happened is Brandon's firing... yeah, I'd say the student's demands haven't been met.

Comment

• You're right on that, but I am quite positive that the protest gave the regents more incentive to meet and discuss everything. They did not have this meeting in the middle of the season because of ticket sales.

That protest had an effect. To deny that is quite Gonz like. You know where you have a certain worldview and no matter what, new evidence will not budge that.

Yeah I know, protests are sometimes useless. But if you get a protest that is covered nationally as it was in this case, it has an effect. Those Regents are known for conducting secret meetings. All of a sudden this is out in the open.

Comment

• What I know is that the only thing that will sway the University is money. Not student protests, not alumni... money.

As long as Brandon keeps the money coming in, he will not be fired. The student demonstration might have got the regents together (a group that has no power to fire Brandon, by the way), but only because its tied to the fact the students aren't buying tickets.

Let's put it this way. If the students demonstrated, but Michigan Stadium was still filled with people, the regents don't meet at all.

Comment

• This student ticket thing is not a new phenomenon. It didn't occur two weeks ago. They haven't been selling the student allotment for three years. Dave Brandon has increased their revenue by 50 percent in his tenure, by your logic he will be AD for life.

Comment

• Re: U of M thread (in the Lions Forum)

Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                          What I know is that the only thing that will sway the University is money. Not student protests, not alumni... money
                          Alumni donate money to the university, lots of it.
                          "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                            What I know is that the only thing that will sway the University is money. Not student protests, not alumni... money.

As long as Brandon keeps the money coming in, he will not be fired. The student demonstration might have got the regents together (a group that has no power to fire Brandon, by the way), but only because its tied to the fact the students aren't buying tickets.

Let's put it this way. If the students demonstrated, but Michigan Stadium was still filled with people, the regents don't meet at all.
                            I dunno. I agree the almighty buck is probably the most important measuring stick used to evaluate the AD's performance, I think after hearing the comments from the new President that the communication coming out of the AD's office is a major concern.

Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                            Alumni donate money to the university, lots of it.
                            Yup and if the Alumni Association comes out against Brandon, you can kiss him goodbye.
                            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• no game today?
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Originally posted by Masspartan View Post
                                no game today?
                                Officially, there was.

Not sure the event that took place was something we could call a "game."

Comment

Working...
                                X