Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    I copy and paste his text because he used the same closing words as you, "Not a good day!" Haha.

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
    But, Benfica top of the league?? Good stuff.
    Yes we are doing ok in the league. Not good in th CL tough, 2 matches 2 losses.
    Gamer dad, like a normal dad, only much cooler / Gamers don't die they respawn
    🎮 PSN: Thiaugux - 🏆 114 Platinum Trophies
    https://psnprofiles.com/Thiaugux

Comment

• I know the United States is a massive country and people don't think twice of travelling several thousand miles. Bit different here in the UK, and today , 2500 Sunderland fans made the 650mile round trip to Southampton to watch their team get fecking hammered, 8-0.

I know the feeling of travelling to watch the Hibs be annihilated, (7-0 against Rangers, 1997) but that was only 45 miles away in the stench of Glasgow. That 325 mile trip home for Sunderland fans is going to be soul destroying.
      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• 650 is a fairly long way to go.

Maybe a little road rage would cheer them up?

Comment

• That's round trip Bim. When I think about it my brother and Gordy use to drive over 800 miles round trip to come to the Forum Game.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sunderland want to pay their fans for that trip. Nice gesture.

"I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• SOH....... That's same Ol Hibs last night. League Cup Quarter final against Dundee United, finished 3-3 after extra time......., but out 7-6 on penalties. AND, Dundee Utd missed their penalty first!! Unbelievable. Only Hibernian FC could do this...... At Easter Road no less! Arseholes. :(

Comment

• Very proud of my cousin who was inducted last Friday into the Michigan Soccer Hall of Fame. He is preceded by my Uncle. That makes two Malts in the Michigan Soccer Hall of fame. Both with the same last name as mine!
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Aw man , that is absolutely amazing! Very well done indeed to your cousin. I really need to find out more about the teams he has played for (and your late uncle) and the Michigan league. I am very geeky indeed when it comes to soccer knowledge..... Just can't get enough of it. I got your PM, but the video links regarding this are not working on the phone...... I'll check them out on the laptop later on when I get home. Cheers.

Comment

SOH....... That's same Ol Hibs last night. League Cup Quarter final against Dundee United, finished 3-3 after extra time......., but out 7-6 on penalties. AND, Dundee Utd missed their penalty first!! Unbelievable. Only Hibernian FC could do this...... At Easter Road no less! Arseholes. :(
                    Pure lotery sometimes...

Saw last sunday that you guys let Fuckwits to get away the draw in the 90+2. :(

Comment

• Yes, it was gut wrenching so it was, Septem. It's now Friday and STILL suffering some fuckwits at the plumbing merchants....., "HEYYY, Marko!!! What aboot the Jambos eh?!" Erseholes.

Conversation with one absolute knob called Andy at the merchants :

Andy: Mate, even though the Jambos are gonnae win the league, the Hibs will come good. They'll go up in the play offs, I'm sure of it.
                      Me: Mate, shut the fuck up and go get yourself a coffee.

Comment

• My Uncle never played for any team of note but was instrumental in bringing soccer, from youth leagues, to college teams into the forefront of the public eye. He also pioneered the idea of indoor soccer (which is an aberration to soccer purists) which made him, and my cuz's a lot of money.

Around these parts, he was known as the Godfather of Soccer and right after his untimely death, Eastern Michigan University named their new soccer field after him. He was coach of the Girls team at the time of his death.
                        I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• That really is brilliant. When you say indoor soccer, do you mean the 5 or 6 a side game? And did your uncle have a European club that he liked, was a fan of? My physical Education teacher when I was in high school in Geelong, Australia (Mr Tatnell) was a big Arsenal fan. He'd wear the Gunners tops to soccer practice.

Comment

Yes, it was gut wrenching so it was, Septem. It's now Friday and STILL suffering some fuckwits at the plumbing merchants....., "HEYYY, Marko!!! What aboot the Jambos eh?!" Erseholes.

Conversation with one absolute knob called Andy at the merchants :

Andy: Mate, even though the Jambos are gonnae win the league, the Hibs will come good. They'll go up in the play offs, I'm sure of it.
                            Me: Mate, shut the fuck up and go get yourself a coffee.
                            I know how it is!

Years ago I started to avoid football conversations tbh...many people who I have to deal with don't even know if I care or not about football. Why? Because of that type of convos!

In 2012 when we lost the league, cup and UEFA cup final, in two weeks time, I didn't watch the news for about 2 or 3 weeks.

Btw that's one thing I like being a Lions fan! When we lose badly nobody here bothers me with it...:-D

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                              My Uncle never played for any team of note but was instrumental in bringing soccer, from youth leagues, to college teams into the forefront of the public eye. He also pioneered the idea of indoor soccer (which is an aberration to soccer purists) which made him, and my cuz's a lot of money.

Around these parts, he was known as the Godfather of Soccer and right after his untimely death, Eastern Michigan University named their new soccer field after him. He was coach of the Girls team at the time of his death.
                              Cool Malto! Wonder tough, being in US, why was your uncle was so passionate about soccer?

Comment

• When you say indoor soccer, do you mean the 5 or 6 a side game?

Back in the day the indoor soccer places were hockey rinks with turf laid down. There were a few indoor professional leagues on this type of game. Nowadays they have these huge buildings where you can play a full field game.

Comment

Working...
                                X