No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dunno. Seems there is a bit of a riff with Babs and Holland and rumors to Toronto for Babs including GM duties abound.

Saw Shanahan interviewed before the Game in Toronto and did not know that he is no longer with the NHL but a VP for the Leafs.

Discussed this yesterday with my brother and his opinion is that the only thing Babs needs at this point is $$'s. I thought he might be salivating over the thought of GM.
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I still have hope for Smith. He shows flashes.

Comment

• Here is something that really is starting to irritate me about goaltender interference such as what Abdelkader had in Detroits game last night. I couldn't tell if Abdelkaders skate was in the crease or not or who initiated contact first, but too many times I have seen a player standing outside the crease only to have the goaltender come out of the paint and initiate contact and have the goal disallowed. If the goaltender doesn't want to be hit, stay in the paint, otherwise he is free game like everyone else.
        All emotions can be traced back to two basic ones........love and fear.

Comment

• Agree completely Snowmeiser.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post

To top the night off, we went to the Ducks post game show on Prime Ticket West downstairs on the way out and after we got some face time in the background, my kid walked over to the side of the stage leaving me behind for a moment. I was just watching her for safety and FRANCOIS BEAUCHAMIN, the player interviewee signed a stick, looked around the crowd, whirled around and handed it right to my girl when she alone stepped towards him.

The look on her face when she turned to me is a life highlight. She was so happy and basically in shock from excitement that I just melted in watching her pure joy.

What a day!
            Best story I've read in quite some time Gonz. I wish I had been able to see that. Congrats to you and the family!!!!

Comment

• Trick......Have you ever met Kansas? You guys are from parallel universes. You each have a slightly different sense of humour but both of you really give me a great read. Glad you're here, and I wish Kansas would show up more often.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                Trick......Have you ever met Kansas? You guys are from parallel universes. You each have a slightly different sense of humour but both of you really give me a great read. Glad you're here, and I wish Kansas would show up more often.
                Kansas and I have traded some extremely intelligent philosophical reasoning between occasional "your mother is so..." jokes.

Looking forward to more Kansas posts. Plus, he still hasn't signed my manifesto/scrapbook.
                Where are we going; and what's up with this hand basket?

Comment

• Amen ~!~

Comment

• That was a fun ending to a game.

Comment

• Whoa! I missed it. I was listening to it on the radio in the car and it was fairly late in the 3rd to be down 2, I chalked it up as a loss when I went into the house.

Comment

• I turned it on right after they scored the tying goal....what a great ending.
                        2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Missed it as well.
                          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• It was so good that I had to watch it a second time. Lucky I always DVR the games.

Comment

• I watched and my gut feeling told me they were going to lose at the 10 minute mark in the 3rd, even though I thought they were playing well.

After they tied it and went into OT I was happy.

In the last minute of play in OT I was resigned that it was going to be a shootout.

I was happy with the puck control in the last minute but, not happy with scoring chances.

........then.........Bingo Bango! Biscuit is in the basket.

They reminded me of the Wings of old that were dangerous as hell in the last few minutes of any game/period/OT.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Pray for Gordie Howe and family, people. Apparently he had a very serious stroke.
                                AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

Working...
                                X