OT: Technology and Geek Stuff Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Coop View Post
    ULF - Dell did wise up to the issue with installing upgraded OS - if the xps is supported by Dell inherently for 7, then you are right. If it is not within 30-40 days you would get the non genuine message...

Yeah, it's not an upgrade. The PC came with Win 7 Home Premium from Dell, so I should have no issues, right?
    The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• I have an intel one on my pc at home. I got it a few years ago, but I love it. Like you said, I have the OS installed on there. I did put a few games on it, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference except during the initial loading up.

I was amazed at how much faster Windows loaded up on it.
      2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• nothing wrong with a clean install - what I would do going forward after is to do imaging of your drive periodically - Kidding you not it means you won't need to do bare bones reinstalls.

What I have done with home machine is use the SSD just for OS and program installs, and separate drives for data.
        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I think if I'm buying one, I'll probably just go with 120GB. I don't think I'll need all that much since I'll still have my 700GB HDD for storage.
          The only thing missing from that Marvin Jones touchdown reversal is that it wasn't a first round playoff game.

Comment

• ULF - should be all set. I found out the hard way @ work that not all dell boxes are supported with 7 by dell. they seemed to have drawn a line with that.
            Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• I believe mine is 160gb, and it's plenty of space.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                I have an intel one on my pc at home. I got it a few years ago, but I love it. Like you said, I have the OS installed on there. I did put a few games on it, but that doesn't seem to make much of a difference except during the initial loading up.

I was amazed at how much faster Windows loaded up on it.
                +1

I have an intel and am very happy with it. I had another brand (don't remember which one, but during the early days of SSD) and it kept failing. They replaced it, but it was a pain.

Comment

• Bim,

That review of the new Corsair ones I posted was very positive. That site has been really trustworthy over the years, so I believe it when they give a product a good review. For my next SSD, I'll probably get that brand.

Comment

• My XPS13 came with a SSD. It's my first experience with that. Wow, the thing boots up crazy fast and is super quiet. Love it.
                    #birdsarentreal

Comment

• Yeah it's amazing how a quick boot up feels as good as it does. It only saves like a minute or something but it's just awesome... "I can never go back" kinda thing.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• this is true - to me that's akin to making the jump to x64 OS.
                        Got Kneecaps?

Comment

• Or the jump from a dot-matrix printer to a laser printer...Ha! Suck it younglings!
                          "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

• One button mouse to two button mouse was the best. I had to clean my underpants after that one.
                            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• The optical trackball mouse was a godsend for me. No need for a mousepad -- ever again.
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• No mouse to one button mouse was better. One button mouse to two button mouse was too confusing and lead to those horrible 50-function mooses.
                                "This is an empty signature. Because apparently carrying a quote from anyone in this space means you are obsessed with that person. "

Comment

Working...
                                X