No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I liked the idea of the Wings acquiring Doan until I heard a local sports radio report saying that he was looking for a contract that was worth something like $7 million per season. Sorry, not interested.

Comment

• Rumor was that a lot of the Eastern Conf teams were throwing top dollar at him. We could easily do a front loaded contract at him since we have a ton of cash but 7 mil next year and the following? No thanks.

Dont get me wrong I hope we still land him. He's a game changer, just at the expense of landing younger FA in the future.
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yeah they're still waiting for the Phoenix management system to sort itself out which will inevitably cause Doan to sign somewhere.

I don't really care about Doan, with the kind of money being thrown around...that's way too much for him. I just really hope the rumor that the wings are "ALL-IN" on dealing for Yandle is true because we need a young #1 potential guy.
        2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Yeah they're still waiting for the Phoenix management system to sort itself out which will inevitably cause Doan to sign somewhere.

I don't really care about Doan, with the kind of money being thrown around...that's way too much for him. I just really hope the rumor that the wings are "ALL-IN" on dealing for Yandle is true because we need a young #1 potential guy.

Comment

• crickets
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• According to Brendan Savage of Mlive.com, the Red Wings have been talking to the Flames about Bouwmeester. Bouwmeester still has two years remaining on a contract that pays him over $6.6 million per year.

I also heard Holland isn't going to make any moves till (or if) a new collective bargaining agreement is reached. Gary Bettman said NHL owners will lockout the players Sept. 15 (if no agreement is in place).

Comment

• The Wings really DO need a solid, stay-at-home defenseman. Bouwmeester could fill that role. Nothing earth-shattering, but it would be a good acquisition... depending on what they gave up.

Comment

• I keep going back and forth on the Jay B trade. He's a damn good stay at home but 2 years @ 6.8 is horrible. I could care less this year but next when we really need the cap space it could kill us.

Plus we have Flipulla and Howard are FA next season. Bouwmeester might be too expensive with that contract. We need to restock via FA.

Take the punches this year, see what the youngins do, restock via FA next season. Either that or pray something happens with the CBA and the Wings prosper with the cap space.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Red Wings make two-year contract offer to free-agent defenseman Carlo Colaiacovo

They offered 2 years @ 2.5 per.. It's not a bad deal for either party. I don't see a ton of upside but he has some decent offense. I'd still like for us to grab Yandle before the Yotes go under.
                    F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• That's a terrible deal for us...I really want us to stay away from CC.

I don't believe anything Brendan Savage rights and have no respect for him as he isn't one of the "beat" writers fro the wings and literally all of his articles come like 2-3 days after someone makes a topic on hfboards that doesn't even have concrete sources and there is an active discussion on the topic. Then (it seems to me, whenever I look at mlive) he just makes up some bullshit report from "unnamed sources" and posts it as his own.

Sorry for the rant, I just can't stand Savage, St. James, and a couple other "knowledgeable" Detroit sports writers.

I think we will bring in Rosival as our #7 and trade away some of the excess bottom 6 players as opposed to someone like Carlo (who I think Philly will end up overpaying).

I'm more than happy rolling into the season with essentially our current D corps especially now that LA showed what you can do when you have a commitment to team defense and a mediocre D corps.

Comment

• I dont think its a bad deal if its true. There's nothing out there left and it seems that KH won't trade Franzen or Flippula. We could do WAY worse for a @7 dman.
                        F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• 2.5 mil for a 7th D-man is a bad deal...especially when the guy is injury prone (with the deal being 2 yrs) and not really that full defensive d-man that I think Holland is looking to pick up for the 7th spot.

Comment

• At this point, filling a NHL caliber defencemen in a Winged Wheel at 2.5 mil is a bargain, take it (if you can).

Comment

• There's nothing out there left and it seems that KH won't trade Franzen or Flippula.
                              He would, nobody wants the Mules contract along with him.

Comment

• It really doesn't matter.

The Wings don't need a #7 D-man... they need a #2 D-man.

The only thing the Winged Wheel is doing next year is spin in place.

Comment

Working...
                                X