No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd call the 2016 recruiting class good, not great, but good. I believe if they signed 25 kids, it would have been a class closer to 15 than 20.. But Average star of almost 3.5 is bringing in quality.

Next year will be a much smaller class for UNL 15-17 kids only. As of this point in time, UNL has commitments from:

Eric Fuller: 4 Star WR from LA, CA (5'10" 160 lbs)
    Cameron Jurgens: 4 Star Ath from Beatrice, NE (6'2" 230lbs)
    Masry Mapieu: 3 Star DT from York, NE (6'5" 270 lbs)
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• 3.47 is the highest average for us that Scout shows in its database.

The next highest was 2011, at 3.35...but that class was bloated by 5* Aaron Green and 4* Tyler Moore, whom we only signed because they had relatives that played for NU (and both transferred). Plus the infamous Bubba Starling LOI.

If 3.5 can be the new baseline going forward, with a more recruiting-orientated staff, I think we have to be pleased.

Riley does need to process some dudes though. IDK why we'd want to pass up on 3.5+ kids for benchwarmers.

Comment

• WHERE NEWEST HUSKERS PLAYED IN HIGH SCHOOL
        1. Austin Allen, Aurora; 2. Broc Bando, Bradenton, Fla.; 3. Elijah Blades, Pasadena, Calif.; 4. Jaylin Bradley, Bellevue; 5. Damion Daniels, Dallas; 6. Tristan Gebbia, Calabasas, Calif.; 7. Willie Hampton, Plantation, Fla.; 8. Brenden Jaimes, Austin, Texas; 9. Keyshawn Johnson Jr., Calabasas; 10. Tyjon Lindsey, Las Vegas; 11. Jaevon McQuitty, Columbia, Mo.; 12. Ben Miles, Baton Rouge, La.; 13. Kurt Rafdal, Carmel, Ind.; 14. Avery Roberts, Wilmington, Del.; 15. Matt Sichterman, Kings Mills, Ohio; 16. Deontre Thomas, Mustang, Okla.; 17. Guy Thomas, Miami; 18. Chris Walker, Lincoln; 19. Andrew Ward, Muskegon, Mich.; 20. Deiontae Watts, Plano, Texas

============

I'd really consider Broc a local kids since he grew up in Lincoln
        Last edited by entropy; February 2, 2017, 10:15 AM.

Comment

• I also read that in his last five seasons in Corvallis, Riley signed 32 JC players.

To date at NU; 0. This is puzzling.

Comment

• hoss.. as we discussed before, 3.5 is a nice target for UNL, considering some of the regional biases in recruiting and as I call it the local tax. (don't mean that to sound harsh, but kids that are over 3.0 in the state need to be a priority)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
              I also read that in his last five seasons in Corvallis, Riley signed 32 JC players.

To date at NU; 0. This is puzzling.

maybe he didn't like the team chemistry it created? I'm puzzled too, btw..

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/uk_jb4/status/819923182023016448[/ame]

UNL coaches started following this WR grad transfer...

Comment

• Sounds like the 9th AC spot is going to veteran defensive coach Bobby Elliott. Elliott is a former DC at Iowa and Kansas State, and coached with current Nebraska DC Bob Diaco at Notre Dame 2012-13.

Comment

• Professional Soccer player visits Lincoln for testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Testing what? How long he can go without normal human interaction?

Comment

• He'd be moving into the Harbaugh household for that kind of unparalleled testing.

Comment

• Sleepover slots booked up 'till 2031 though.

Comment

• Milo is in for the long haul?

Comment

• Reportedly Milo likes to target a deep threat.

Comment

• Hearing rumors that Les Miles will be the keynote speaker at the 2017 Coaches Clinic. Makes sense...he's got the time, and his son is freshman on the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X