No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great news for all! Congrats to and good luck to AE and good luck to Sue!
    I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Congrats to all the great news, especially Shark and DanO. Cancer sucks!
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Thanks Drew, CGVT, and, SLF.

Good luck Sue.
        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Hated business ethics.
          "Don?t worry about a thing, every little thing is gonna be alright. - Bob Marley "

Comment

• Good news all around - congrats to everybody!
            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Originally posted by kayrone View Post
              Good news all around - congrats to everybody!
              Yea, what she said. Good job everyone!
              AAL:to be determined

2011 NFL Draft Wish List:

1. Patrick Peterson Cornerback LSU
              2. Mark Herzlich Outside Linebacker Boston College
              3. John Moffitt Center Wisconsin
              4. Steve Schilling Guard Michigan
              5. Jeremy Kerley Wide Receiver TCU
              6. Carl Johnson Tackle Florida
              7. Johnny Patrick Cornerback Louisville

Comment

• Having visited the doctors and being told my Cholestrol is very high, I've changed my diet and started jogging (Almost CG's regime by default!) . Lost over 8lb so far. Couldn't say the thought of jogging filled me with happiness, I always found it boring, but being able to listen to music (Calvin Harris and the Soundtrack to "The Harder they come" atm) helps. I've also downloaded the Endomondo app to my phone and this also helps as I can have targets etc.
                Co-incidentally a co-worker mentioned running in a 5k event, so this Saturday I'm hoping to dip under 30 minutes for the first time at that run.

My training runs went

1)Just over 1k had to stop and walk
                2) 3k in 25min
                3) 3k in 20min
                4) 5k in 35min
                5) 5k in 32min
                6) 5k in 31min
                7) 5k in 31.5min

It's a bit hilly and I run on tracks as well as roads, but Saturday it's at the Olympic rowing site, so flat.

But I'm feeling good!
                AAL Quintez Cephus
                If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Wow dean, those are great times! That's great that you've started running.

Mrs. SLF and I started about 2 years ago. I was like you and couldn't imagine ever being a runner. But we are running our 6th half marathon in a few weeks and if I don't get a chance to run I get cranky. Be careful or you'll get hooked!
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I ran for 20 yrs. Never got hooked. No worries Dean.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Those times are great Dean. Well done. What was the time scale between 1 and 2? Few weeks? Or was it only days?
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Good for you, Dean!
                        2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Just got back from a surprise homecoming party for my oldest daughter that is in the Navy. Us girls all had a blast. She will be going back on Friday. Will have to wait then till Thanksgiving to see her again.

Pictured from left to right: Nicole, myself, Pam, Amber, Melinda

Yes, these are all of my girls & I love each and every one of them.
                          Attached Files
                          My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

• Great picture, AE! Is Sharkbait behind the camera?
                            2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                              Those times are great Dean. Well done. What was the time scale between 1 and 2? Few weeks? Or was it only days?
                              It was one week, I had been ill the week before the first run though. I was always the fat kid walking at the back when running at school. When I left school I carried on growing when others stopped and was quite thin, then I put it on as I got older.

SLF I'm looking to do another 5k run in the winter (maybe a cross-country) to give me something to aim at, then a 10k and maybe try to step up to a half marathon. They have one in Oxford that this year is going through the production line of the Mini factory, which sounds good fun.

Great pic AE!
                              AAL Quintez Cephus
                              If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                                Great picture, AE! Is Sharkbait behind the camera?
                                Nope, at this time he already was in the food line.
                                My window of opportunity is expanding.....

Comment

Working...
                                X