Fondly Remembering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fondly Remembering

This is the in memoriam thread. If you have any particular thoughts on any of our departed friends or family feel free to post them here. If you have any suggestions please post them in the "any thoughts" thread.

Skatewolf....

Richard Marshall Brown, who was a leading force in the Washington
    in-line skating community and worked in event management for local
    trade associations, died of soft tissue cancer at Johns Hopkins Hospital.
    He was 36. Skatewolf moved to the Washington region in
    1997, later becoming president of the Washington Area Roadskaters.
    He taught in-line skating and organized skating events throughout the Washington
    area and participated in in-line marathons around the world.

While working for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society he was able to organize a national fundraising program called Team in Training for in-line skaters and cyclists.

Skatewolf was born in Toledo and was a graduate of Wittenberg
    University in Springfield, Ohio. In addition to in-line skating, his
    other enthusiasms included posting a lot of great comments in the
    Lions forum as well as sailing, hiking and fly fishing. We only learned
    of his death from his wife , Karin, who posted the sad news in the forum some
    time after his death.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by The Cat; February 18, 2015, 09:42 AM.

Comment

Yooperman

Walter H. "Wally" Strand, 67, of Iron Mountain passed away on Saturday, December 11, 2010 in Iron Mountain. He was born on October 1, 1943 in Detroit.. He worked at Grede Foundry from 1961 to 1971. And that time he went into business for himself and by taking over the ownership and operations of Hosking Tire from 1971 till it closed in 1989 with his partner Dick Anderson. He was a member of the Northland Beagle Club for many years and loved his dogs. He enjoyed fishing, hunting and gardening and posting in the forum. Yoop was known for his incredible generosity in all areas of his life. He planted a fruit tree in the yard each time a grandchild was born. Walt created driftwood decorations which he sold to pet stores.
      He also bred and sold tropical fish.
      He was an avid Tiger and Lions' fan and regarded the forum as his second home.

At the time of death Yoop was survived by a large family including his
      dog and constant companion, Gus.
      Attached Files

Comment

Tony G

Anthony Howard GROCE Birthdate: Nov. 5, 1960
        Date of Death: Oct. 30, 2014

Tony lived in Lincoln Park where he spent most of his working career as an Information Coordinator and Power Plant operator at DTE Energy.

He was the fastest with the stats to back up any point of view and regardless of the comments of other forumites no one could google faster to find supporting pictures.

Tony had a tremendous sense of humor and a stoic outlook on life. His death came as a shock to us all. He never once let on he was seriously ill. As a matter of fact his last post was to pick numbers in the Lions fundraiser.

He is survived by a large family plus two dogs he loved dearly. Despite his Stature Tony was pretty good on the slopes and loved to golf. Though those activities always took a back seat to posting here and cheering on the Lions.

Tony is pictured at the far right in a blue shirt with his dog in front of him. The others are family members.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by The Cat; December 22, 2016, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Jerry Bouldin

Jerry Dale Bouldin died in Daytona Beach, September 2009. Another taken too soon. He was only 53.
          Jerry could make us laugh out loud. If we were down when entering the forum, we would often be in stitches laughing at Jerry's posts...He knew how to make us happy.
          We can't help but smile when thinking of some of his quirks. He showed great love for family and his work as office manager at the Symphony Beach Club in Ormond Beach Florida.

He loved all sports and often would be found watching the games with his friends at Froggy's Saloon.

Jerry is survived by his wife, Deloris Ann Bouldin as well
          as 4 children and four grandchildren.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by The Cat; February 17, 2015, 05:27 PM.

Comment

Jerry was from the World Crossing days. He, too, had a great sense of humor. I remember when we used to have a chat room going during the preseason games and Jerry joined a time or two. I spent the rest of the night laughing my butt off.
            #birdsarentreal

Comment

Do no leave out Jerry's fondness for a bone dry martini.
              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Very nice Cat.
                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

I didn't realize Tony had died. That's a shame. I knew him from the Freep Red Wings forum (and eventually moved to the world crossing boating forum).

Comment

In comparison to you guys, a total newb here , but in my short time on this forum, and Tonys even shorter time, he was, in my opinion, the very heartbeat of this place during his 4 years. A total pain in the ass (at times) but he's sorely missed because 99% of his stuff was worth reading. RIP Tony.
                    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Tony passed? WTF? I didn't know that.
                      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Nice work Cat.

Well said Marko69.

Comment

Good stuff Drew.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Sorry Marko69, Chris was a Beatle fan, and so am I.

I have 'Love Me Do' stuck in my head as I type.

EDIT: I moved Chris' stuff to an off-topic thread http://detroitlionsforum.com/forums/...ead.php?t=6746
                            Last edited by Drew; February 28, 2015, 12:17 PM.
                            ------------
                            <<< Jana Cova ...again (8 <<<

Comment

AWESOME Drew.
                              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                              X