No announcement yet.

U of M thread (in the Lions Forum) :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan basketball up to #4 this week after Kentucky got knocked off.

Comment

• Unfortunately, college basketball hardly matters until March. Part of the reason playoffs suck...
      To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• College football doesn't matter until january, when we arbitrarily decide who the best two teams are, unless we're lucky enough for only two undefeated teams to be left.

Comment

• Unfortunately, college basketball hardly matters until March. Part of the reason playoffs suck...
          Perfect post! in every respect :-)

Comment

• College Football does not matter for half of all schools after week 1. By October it only matters for like 4 schools.
            The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• Is Michigan 1 of the 4?

Comment

• If you want to make the regular season in college football relevant, only allow conference winners into the playoff.

Otherwise you see Alabama playing Little Sisters of the Poor three times a year.
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Michigan's season ended week 1. Every week since then has been a glorified consolation game to see if we can play in a bowl game that matters to exactly nobody else besides us.

Comment

• Yea, I guess nobody will show up in Ohio Saturday then.

Comment

• Not sure how college football is the #2 sport in America when almost all the teams are done after week one????

Comment

• that doesn't make it mean something. Plenty of students show up to watch regular season college basketball games as well.

You can't call college basketball "meaningless" because almost everybody gets to play for the championship when college football is just as "meaningless" because almost nobody gets to play for the championship.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kstat View Post
                          that doesn't make it mean something. Plenty of students show up to watch regular season college basketball games as well.
                          KStat with the solid counter.
                          The Lions went 11-5 in 2014

Comment

• #2 sport in America!! #1 is NFL .... This is a pancake block of a post - to that response :-)

Michigan on 60 Minutes last night (if you missed it)

This 60 Minutes special that was on tonight was quite intriguing and a must-watch.  Michigan Athletic Director Dave Brandon, Michigan Head Coach Brady Hoke and Alabama Head Coach Nick Saban were key features in this segment and provided interesting insight into the business side of college football. There is also an interesting 60 Minutes behind …

Comment

• ....so, your point is that among the two major national leagues featuring the most popular sport in America, the one with a legit playoff system is superior?

Comment

• I remember back in highschool, how nobody cared about our football games until November and bitched and moaned about how the state playoffs made our cross-town rivalries meaningless....oh wait.

Comment

Working...
                                X