Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 0-0 Half time
    AAL Quintez Cephus
    If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Did he get in the game, Dean?
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• No, they lost 3-0 and we were hoping he'd come on but didn't. I did make it on the telly though! The Mrs won ?40 in the halftime raffle to, so it wasn't all bad!
        AAL Quintez Cephus
        If you fall during your life, it doesn't matter. You're never a failure as long as you try to get up.

Comment

• Nice!
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Nightmare the laddie not getting a game, Dean. Not so good about the result either but Exeter are no mugs; decent side. Excellent about the 40 quid raffle win. Hope it was spent well on cheeseburgers, hotdogs and drinks!

And 1-1 with Oxford? That'll be a replay on a Wednesday night in the pissing rain?!
            "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• ?40 went into someone elses pocket! He was disappointed not to have a few minutes, to be fair the manager didn't go route one which would have been his best bet for getting on (although you could argue he should have given the time remaining and the score). They didn't embarrass themselves either. Plus he gets to frame a shirt in pristine condition!

From what I've heard Oxford are playing some really nice football this year, no doubt they will suffer a late season collapse though.
              AAL Quintez Cephus

Comment

• Here is an article about my cousin written this weekend.

On June 12, the Syracuse Soccer community took a major hit when the Syracuse Silver Knights were bought by Robert Esche and the Utica Comets organization. With the purchase, the Syracuse Silver...
                I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hats off to Dominic Scicluna, for both the speech and the half time skills! Well done, Dom!

This isn't full 11-a-side soccer is it, Malto? Looks like indoor 5 or maybe 6-a-side looking at the photos. The final score of 9-4 suggests this.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Also when I read about a goal from Ivan Campos........, I thought, "Surely not the ex Real Madrid player?" No "s" on the ex Madrid player though.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iv%C3%A1n_Campo

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                      Hats off to Dominic Scicluna, for both the speech and the half time skills! Well done, Dom!

This isn't full 11-a-side soccer is it, Malto? Looks like indoor 5 or maybe 6-a-side looking at the photos. The final score of 9-4 suggests this.
                      No it is not 11 on 11. It is 6 on 6 and is played in an indoor ice arena with astro turf (instead of ice of course).

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                        No it is not 11 on 11. It is 6 on 6 and is played in an indoor ice arena with astro turf (instead of ice of course).
                        Ice would add a nice twist.
                        "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Got to spend some time with my grandsons this week. We have not seen them since last Christmas. They are 6 and 4.

I knew the eldest was playing soccer and baseball this year. I was getting a few grandpa hugs in on the eldest and I asked him if he liked playing baseball and soccer. He nodded his head yes. I asked him which he liked better. He said soccer.

I asked him if he scored any goals and he shook his head yes. I asked how many. He responded 38. I said you are pulling my leg! He shook his head no. I said let's ask Daddy he grabbed me by the hand and took me over to his Dad.

I told his Dad that I had asked him if he scored any goals this year and told him how he responded.

Dad got a big shit eating grin on his face and affirmed he did in fact score 38 goals this year. My response was "Holy Shit! Did they play without goalies?" He said no, in fact the youngin aspires to be a goalie because that is his favorite position. I responded that if he is that good at putting the ball in the net, his talent might be wasted protecting the goal. His dad said well, he scored 7 goals in the last game alone and he was getting bored with scoring and liked the idea of being able to keep the ball out of the net.

Yowsers!

Comment

• Must get the Hibernian FC youth coach over there ASAP.

Well done young Malto offspring.

Comment

• Ha! Tell him to teach Tyler a few tricks, Mark.
                              2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Originally posted by LionsFanInJapan View Post
                                Ha! Tell him to teach Tyler a few tricks, Mark.
                                Well, you have to understand, Jer. In our family when you can stand up and take a few steps, the next thing is a ball gets put on the floor in front of you and you learn how to kick the ball.

Additionally, in my household, once they got to age 5-6 depending on their closeness to migrating from Mom's nurturing ways to Dad's competing ways, ice skates get put on their feet just to show them there is more learning to do. ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X