X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :LIKE:
    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I had to say goodbye to a good friend of these last 13 years.

I know this is a dog thread, but Boo was just a strange looking dog. He came to a very specific whistle (and did not fall for other people trying to whistle like me). He was all about belly rubs, and licked people he loved every bit like a dog would. He was actually my second cat. But he taught me what true characters and companions felines can actually be. When my Black Lab passed, Boo assumed the position of my companion when it was just the two of us in the house. Always at the door when I got home from work.

And over the following years, when a second rescued cat came into the picture, and then another large dog a few years later, Boo had remained the pack's second in command, behind me. Boo was a true conversationalist - although pretty limited in vocabulary. I read that cats create a unique language with their owners - something they do not even do with each other. A vet asked me once "Is he always this vocal?". Yes, he had a lot to say. And I can verify that there were definitely certain sounds for certain meanings.

I don't care how stupid I sound, but the last two days have been pretty hard, and an hour ago I said a last goodbye to a very good friend and returned him to the earth. And the loss is tearing me up every bit as much as the loss of my Black Lab Tolkien did many, may years ago.

So I invite you, the next time you raise a glass, to offer the praise of "Good Job Boo. You were a friend to all who knew you." I know many people who will re-tell stories of him for years to come. He was truely a unique blessing, and will be missed so very much.
      Attached Files
      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Aw man, I am so sorry. A glass is being raised right this very minute to Boo. A few tears being dropped too. He sounded one unique character. You are in my thoughts, Dpat. Time is the healer, buddy.
        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Sorry for your loss dpat.
          GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Sorry dpat. That's a tough one for sure.

Comment

• You don't sound stupid dpatnod, they are family. Sorry to hear the bad news...

Comment

• Dpat, sorry for your loss.

Comment

• Sorry for your loss. Boo was a good friend to you
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Sorry about Boo, dpat. :(
                    2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

• Thank you guys. When my daughter was 5, a co-worker with a girl the same age and I got them together for play-dates. They had a kitten, who my daughter fell in love with. That couple was soon heading for divorce, and the kitten to the pound. That is how Boo ended up with me. He never was fond of children, and ran from them mostly. But he was my shadow - which probably irked my little daughter, who considered him 'her cat', and his escaping the pound her rescue work.

This last summer, my daughter was here all summer, and Boo finally found my daughter old enough (or big enough, I guess?) to trust completely. Start of the summer his spot was on my lap, and by the end of the summer, his regular spot was cuddled up on her chest.

And now... she is a freshman away in college. So it hurts on a number of levels. Not only is Boo an epic pet and family member... I won't go into the particulars, but my word was he a personality and a unique, intelligent and affectionate creature. It feels like a whole era passing, and I did not really understand that until this moment.

I guess what I mean is, thank you for allowing me to express my thoughts.

Pets are the best, and bring out the best in us. Everyone, go hug your pet!
                      Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

• Originally posted by dpatnod View Post
                        Not only is Boo an epic pet and family member... I won't go into the particulars, but my word was he a personality and a unique, intelligent and affectionate creature. It feels like a whole era passing, and I did not really understand that until this moment.
                        ^^^ Can relate 100% to every word of this. ^^^

RIP Boo, (and Gilmore Cat 2012 ) you'll both be sorely missed for a long time.

You have a pm.
                        Last edited by Marko69; October 13, 2017, 01:30 AM.
                        "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Sorry for your loss, dpatnod.

I have never been a cat person but I have grown very fond of a cat that is kept by one of my suppliers. I have to visit them 4-6 times a week. The cat is used to people coming and going all day long and does not interact with most that comes through his doors. I tried for several years to pet him only to have him run in the other direction.

One day I walked in and the cat was sitting on top of one of the carts that are used to load up our goodies on (similar to a shopping cart but with a flat top so you can stack boxes on it). I laughed and asked if he always uses the carts as his personal chair. They told me he loves to take a ride around the place on the cart so I took him on a tour of the building. After that, every time I came into the building the cat would come and greet me. We are now very good friends and he will often come and jump up on to my cart if I slip into the building unnoticed. Of course, he then gets a ride around the building until we return to where we started, he gets his scratches behind the ears then off to somewhere else in the building to protect his turf.

He is a loner but picks his friends and I am happy to be one of them.
                          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• My sympathies, dpatnod. Boo sounds like a great friend
                            "I ain't the type to bitch, I ain't the type to cry, I will sit at your red light and wait for your shit to go by."

Comment

• Sorry for your loss, dpatnod.
                              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Your love for Boo is evident - he sounds very special. You gave him a wonderful life. I hope the pain you feel lessens as the memories bring comfort.
                                #birdsarentreal

Comment

Working...
                                X