Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Cat View Post
    FAKE ball Mark. Tigers won series in '84.
    Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    FAKE BALL!!! FAKE BALL!!!
    Heh, heh.

Well ya know, 84-85-86 they all kinda start running together when you put a few decades in after them.

Originally posted by DanO View Post

"The year after the Tigers won the world series (1985) "
    -------------------------------Your memory is going. Look at the ball again. LOL
    Yup. It is.

Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
    Absolutely! The last time I was there I couldn't believe how great downtown was getting. Give it 10 years and it'll be a completely different city.
    I could not believe how many people were walking around downtown on a Saturday afternoon. We parked at Greektown and walked to the Joe stopping to get something to eat on the way in and way out as well as visiting Astoria Bakery. Even though there was a hockey game and I saw a lot of Red Wing jerseys, I was amazed at how many people were walking around.

Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
    Fake Ball? Mark said the year 'after' the Tiger won the WS, 1985

I went to a few games when the Tigers sucked at Comerica Park (my Dad had tickets at the time) the first few years. Wasn't impressed, but Tiger Stadium was a high bar. jaadam what city did you grow up in?
    I did indeed but will admit that I thought they won it in '85.

What is a few months compared to a few decades?;-)
    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• I went to a farmers market last summer and was amazed by how awesome it was. The D is on its way back
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I love going to the Eastern Market but, I do not love that Saturday is their main day of business but, you can get limited things during the other days of the week.

I have always had to work Saturdays which prevents me from enjoying it's full benefits regularly.

Comment

• Ding dong the streak is dead. 25 years is a long damn time.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Tatar, AA and Mantha all are putting in pretty good seasons from a stat standpoint. Tatar now has 23 goals while AA has 18 and Mantha with 17. That's fantastic considering they've only play 60 games compared to 76 for the rest of the stains.

Sheahan is still tied with Howard and Mrazek for last place with 0 goals.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• This is for you, Chemi.

"I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out." - Rodney Dangerfield For as long as the sport has been around, fighting has been a fixture in the great game of Ice Hockey. So much so, in fact, that even people who don't know anything about the sport know that…

Comment

• Great, none of which actually address that fighting does fuck all to stop thuggery at the professional level. If that's the only reason it supposedly exists, then it can be abolished.

Comment

• Sorry but I don't ever want fighting to be banned. Its one of those parts of hockey that will never go away. Keep handing out penalties, fines, suspensions whatever but don't write something out of the sport that makes it different from the rest.
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                    Great, none of which actually address that fighting does fuck all to stop thuggery at the professional level. If that's the only reason it supposedly exists, then it can be abolished.
                    You can't say that.

You do not know how many players change their style of play. I will acknowledge there are some that never will but, you do not know how many have because they either gain respect for the game or the unwritten code of conduct.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post
                      Sorry but I don't ever want fighting to be banned. Its one of those parts of hockey that will never go away. Keep handing out penalties, fines, suspensions whatever but don't write something out of the sport that makes it different from the rest.
                      I don't want it to be banned either.

Just don't try to feed me bullshit that it's some form of honor code that self-polices bad players. It doesn't. Goons in the NHL aren't going to give up their paycheck because someone might try to fight them later. They're going to deliver those cheap shots and dirty hits, then take the punches to the face with a smile.

They don't care. They're never going to care. And if that is REALLY the only reason for fighting in the NHL, then it is completely unnecessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                        I don't want it to be banned either.

Just don't try to feed me bullshit that it's some form of honor code that self-polices bad players. It doesn't. Goons in the NHL aren't going to give up their paycheck because someone might try to fight them later. They're going to deliver those cheap shots and dirty hits, then take the punches to the face with a smile.

They don't care. They're never going to care. And if that is REALLY the only reason for fighting in the NHL, then it is completely unnecessary.
                        Every walk of life has individuals with a superior size but minute brain. For every goon in the NHL I am willing to bet there are 10 players that decided that their hockey skills were better and have more respect for the game and themselves.

Lace on a pair of skates and go play a game and see if there are as many unwritten rules, or bullshit honor code as you refer to them, as rules within the game.

......and that goes for every level of the game.

Comment

• Blashit is doing everything he can to get Sheahan going. Sheahan is on the second PP unit for tonights game.

Just terrible
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Malto Marko View Post
                            Every walk of life has individuals with a superior size but minute brain. For every goon in the NHL I am willing to bet there are 10 players that decided that their hockey skills were better and have more respect for the game and themselves.

Lace on a pair of skates and go play a game and see if there are as many unwritten rules, or bullshit honor code as you refer to them, as rules within the game.

......and that goes for every level of the game.
                            Nope.

It might matter in your rec league or amateur level, but once money becomes a factor, no fighting is going to stop a guy signed on to obliterate an opponent's knee. Goons know why they're on the roster. That someone might try to fight them after the fact matters fuck all.

Your "unwritten rules" become 100% bullshit once money is on the line.
                            Last edited by chemiclord; March 30, 2017, 08:48 PM.

Comment

• Sheahan scores!

[ame]https://twitter.com/DetroitVideos/status/851191413903634433[/ame]
                              Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• I hate you Sheahan. I wanted him to go all year without one.
                                F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X