No announcement yet.

Tracking former Lions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds about right to me. I love the holy rollers that don't really practice what they preach. What a bunch of assholes.
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Report: Dolphins unsure if Isa Abdul-Quddus can play in 2017

Posted by Josh Alper on March 2, 2017, 12:45 PM EST

The Dolphins may need to address the safety position a year after signing Isa Abdul-Quddus to a three-year deal.

Abdul-Quddus started the first 15 games of the 2016 season for Miami and turned in a solid year for his new team before a neck injury forced him onto injured reserve. His recovery from that injury has reportedly not gone as well as hoped.

Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald reports that the Dolphins are uncertain about whether Abdul-Quddus will make it back to the field for the 2017 season. “Swelling in the region” of the injury is among the reasons for concern about Abdul-Quddus’ availability and he is continuing to undergo tests to see if the problem can be solved.

A shoulder injury knocked Reshad Jones out early last season and he’s expected back for the team’s offseason work. Top reserve Michael Thomas is a restricted free agent, so the position is one the Dolphins could look to bolster even if the medical news about Abdul-Quddus improves in the coming weeks.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Wow, Tom Lewand will be hosting a leadership forum at my church.

"Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Well I know where I'll be sending a flaming bag of dog shit on March 9.
          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
            Wow, Tom Lewand will be hosting a leadership forum at my church.

http://northridgechurch.com/experien...84/1489035600/
            Is he going to discuss his "Fuck em till next year" approach to customer service?

Comment

• Originally posted by LightninBoy View Post
              Is he going to discuss his "Fuck em till next year" approach to customer service?
              Yeah, I'm pretty sure that language will not be used there.
              Last edited by edindetroit; March 6, 2017, 01:38 PM.
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• DAL working on contract extensions for both S. LINEHAN and R. MARINELLI.

Hah
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                  DAL working on contract extensions for both S. LINEHAN and R. MARINELLI.

Hah
                  Goes to show that even those two can coach em up with a dominate OL.
                  Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Futureshock View Post
                    Goes to show that even those two can coach em up with a dominate OL.
                    Pad level. They finally found players that know what they mean by pad level.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• FTR, I was ok with trying to retain LW. He seemingly wanted out.

Larry Warford - G - Saints

New Saints RG Larry Warford's four-year deal is worth $34 million, and includes $17 million guaranteed.

Interior linemen are getting paid this year, and Warford was one of the five best on the open market. A starter since arriving as a third-round pick in 2013, Warford has stabilized after some inconsistency, and had a strong 2016. He's a sensible addition for the Saints' latest "get tough" effort.

Source: Ian Rapoport on Twitter Mar 10 - 1:05 PM

Comment

• Gosder Cherilus - T - Free Agent

2008 first-round OT Gosder Cherilus is retiring after nine seasons.

The No. 17 overall pick of the 2008 draft, Cherilus spent five years in Detroit before moving on to Indianapolis. He spent the final two years of his career in Tampa. Cherilus had some good seasons, but never really improved beyond serviceable. He turns 33 in June.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter Mar 14 - 6:48 PM

Comment

• Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                          Gosder Cherilus - T - Free Agent

2008 first-round OT Gosder Cherilus is retiring after nine seasons.

The No. 17 overall pick of the 2008 draft, Cherilus spent five years in Detroit before moving on to Indianapolis. He spent the final two years of his career in Tampa. Cherilus had some good seasons, but never really improved beyond serviceable. He turns 33 in June.

Source: Jeremy Fowler on Twitter Mar 14 - 6:48 PM
                          I recall very well thinking the dumb Lions should've just stayed put and taken Branden Albert
                          WHO CARES why it says paper jam when there is no paper jam?

Comment

• Gosder Cherilus makes his retirement official

Posted by Darin Gantt on March 16, 2017, 8:26 AM EDT

Getty Images
                            Buccaneers tackle Gosder Cherilus was on the fence, but it didn’t take him long to decide which way he was leaning.

The veteran offensive lineman announced his retirement from the NFL via Twitter this morning.

“After much thought, prayer and discussion with loved ones, I have decided to retire from the NFL,” Cherilus wrote. “I am forever grateful to the teams, my teammates, the medical staffs and the fans.”

The 32-year-old spent nine years in the NFL with the Lions, Colts and Bucs, playing 132 games. He’s only a day removed from a report suggesting he wasn’t actively seeking work, so now he’s decided to make it clear he wasn’t going to.

Comment

• Nothing from nothing leaves nothing......

Former Jaguars WR Mike Thomas arrested on battery, assault charges

3/21/2017 7:33:47 AM

Former Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Mike Thomas, who spent three and a half seasons in Jacksonville, was arrested on aggravated assault, cruelty to children and battery charges on Sunday, the Florida Times Union reports. This according to the Sandy Springs Police Department.

Thomas was also charged with obstruction of a law enforcement officer and possession of a firearm or knife during the commission of a felony.

Jacksonville selected Thomas in the fourth round of the 2008 NFL Draft.

Thomas played six seasons in the NFL, but only appeared in 61 games in his career. He caught 171 receptions for 1,768 yards as a member of the Jaguars.

He was traded to the Detroit Lions in the middle of the 2012 season. Thomas also played for the Houston Texans and Arizona Cardinals before moving on to the Canadian Football League.

Comment

• Former home the Silverdome is scheduled to meet the wrecking ball.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/p...-stadium-owner

Comment

Working...
                                X