• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's start it up.

Comment

• Stafford is un f'ing believable
      F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• He was pretty impressive today. He has melded the big play ability with the ability to be a good game manager.

He needs a good tight end in the red zone that isn't in the Ebron mold. Pettigrew might be that guy.

Comment

• Matt STATford is nothing without Calvin Johnson, and this season proves it. We need to start Orlovsky /sarcasm

Comment

• Haven't seen any haters around here in awhile.
            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by RVA_Lion View Post
              Matt STATford is nothing without Calvin Johnson, and this season proves it. We need to start Orlovsky /sarcasm
              I've claimed all along we could be a better team without CJ. I was laughed at but we are. Imagine that.
              GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                I've claimed all along we could be a better team without CJ. I was laughed at but we are. Imagine that.
                I didn't disagree.

You don't build an NFL team around a WR.
                Last edited by Panoptes; December 4, 2016, 06:02 PM.
                19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Originally posted by RVA_Lion View Post
                  Matt STATford is nothing without Calvin Johnson, and this season proves it. We need to start Orlovsky /sarcasm
                  Which is funny, because I recall absolutely NO ONE who EVER said that. Not even his most vile haters.

They've said that Johnson made him look better by bailing him out of some really questionable throws (and that was absolutely true), but Stafford's compensated without that big safety valve. He's been smarter with the football this year, and not forcing throws into triple coverage because he thinks he can.

In that sense, yeah, the Lions have been better without Calvin... which while it may be true really feels like a slap in the face to what Calvin gave this team. It's a shame that we didn't get to see this version of Stafford playing with Calvin in his prime.

Comment

• No you didn't Gonz. You know the culprits.
                    GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                      Which is funny, because I recall absolutely NO ONE who EVER said that. Not even his most vile haters.

They've said that Johnson made him look better by bailing him out of some really questionable throws (and that was absolutely true), but Stafford's compensated without that big safety valve. He's been smarter with the football this year, and not forcing throws into triple coverage because he thinks he can.

In that sense, yeah, the Lions have been better without Calvin... which while it may be true really feels like a slap in the face to what Calvin gave this team. It's a shame that we didn't get to see this version of Stafford playing with Calvin in his prime.
                      People did. People even going back to his 2011 season suggested that the only reason Stafford was still on the team was that he was being propped up by Calvin.
                      AAL-Sam LaPorta

Comment

• "In that sense, yeah, the Lions have been better without Calvin... "
                        ------------------------------------------------------The Lions are better just like I said. "In that sense..." doesn't count. The team is better. Please throw out all kinds of "reasoning" why you disagree. You're wrong. The Lions are better. That's a fact.
                        GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• I don't think it is that clear cut, the Lion offense was excellent at times last year with Calvin after Lombardi was given the ziggy. If you placed CJ on this team right now, the offense is much better.

Plus, they did sign Marvin Jones and Boldin. They signed Boldin after DanO made his pronouncements. The signing if Boldin has been in the words of Joe Biden, a BFD.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanO View Post
                            No you didn't Gonz. You know the culprits.
                            We do
                            19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• This card carrying member of the Forum Misers Club says sign Stafford now for what ever he wants. It will be a bargain come year three because he has matured, learned to read D and use his talent to their fullest.

If they do not sign him to an extension this off season, there is a problem on the horizon.
                              I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• The main thing is the offensive coordinator is loads better than Lombardi and Stafford is older with more experience. There has been a clear line of demarcation of Stafford's play since the firing and the receivers have changed.

Comment

Working...
                                X