No announcement yet.

Red Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cocaine doesn't cause CTE. Getting hit in the head does cause CTE It's my belief that his fighting caused it, there is not a shred of doubt for me. Nowhere did I say my stance on fighting but I think it is laughable you post about the good ol days when the good ol days produced Probert's CTE.

Comment

• I addressed that already, did you not read my post? Again your on the fence with no answer, what else is new? You want to ban fighting or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
        Cocaine doesn't cause CTE. Getting hit in the head does cause CTE It's my belief that his fighting caused it, there is not a shred of doubt for me. Nowhere did I say my stance on fighting but I think it is laughable you post about the good ol days when the good ol days produced Probert's CTE.
        Yes but his lifestyle in general wasn't conducive with good health if you read his book he talks several times about being drunk/high and riding around on his Harley with no helmet only to crash it and luckily not break his head open on concrete.

I love Probie, but he fought more on/off the rink than any hockey player from here on out will (I think).
        2013 2014 AAL: Glover Quin #27

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Cocaine doesn't cause CTE. Getting hit in the head does cause CTE It's my belief that his fighting caused it, there is not a shred of doubt for me. Nowhere did I say my stance on fighting but I think it is laughable you post about the good ol days when the good ol days produced Probert's CTE.
          Cocaine does cause people to hit their head against the wall, or get into fights because they think they are invincible and jacked up.

Behavior while on cocaine can not be excluded.

........ and if Probert was still on the team, that jackass that gave Datsuk a concussion in the final minutes of yesterdays game would be clocked the minute they were both on the ice again.

That, is hockey justice and that, keeps dirty players from headhunting skilled players.
          I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Does it really though? I'm not convinced "hockey justice" did fuck all against violent hits on other players. You take off someone's head, you fight the opponent's "goon", then you did the same thing again two days later.

Comment

• People are going to get hurt, its a violent game, but - no cheap shots! Back in the day you would have to answer for that shit! Remember the Turtle?

Like the great Bobby Orr said last month

Bobby Orr: There is a place for fighting in hockey

"Speaking as a former player, whenever those situations occur on the ice I would much rather face an opponent man to man in a fight than have to deal with sticks to the face as well as spearing to other areas of the body. Similarly, hitting from behind is a cowardly and careless act that has resulted in far more significant injuries than those resulting from fighting, at least in my estimation. If respect for the guy between you and the boards isn't enough to stop you from running him, maybe what will be is the fear of the retribution that is sure to follow."

Comment

• Originally posted by WingsFan View Post
                People are going to get hurt, its a violent game, but - no cheap shots! Back in the day you would have to answer for that shit! Remember the Turtle?
                Well, lemme ask you... did McCarty's payback correct Lemiueux's behavior? Did he stop delivering cheap shots at every opportunity?

Wait... he DIDN'T? He kept pulling cheap shots ANYWAY? Oh. Ya don't say...

Comment

• Name one time he cheap shotted any Red Wing after that, McCarty had his teammates back. Go a head, name one time vs Detroit ? Yes he did stop him.

Comment

• I would argue it was more because the Wings were always on guard to make sure they DIDN'T get drilled again more than Lemeiux being terrified of retribution.

He didn't change his behavior one tenth of one shit.

Comment

• Bull Shit he didn't, as a matter of fact you are so wrong Claude Lemieux actually had to drop the gloves and fight McCarty fair and square (as they say) believe it or not - b/c he knew he could NOT cheap shot any Red Wings after that. That is prove right there, why you are so wrong. Why would he drop the gloves if he didn't think he had too? eh? Think he would today bub?

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SE1_QfX1xh0"]Claude vs McCarty 97-98 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Lemeiux was still taking runs on opponents until the end of his career.

If you want to believe he didn't pick on the Wings simply because he might have to fight them, and that the Wings were the ONLY team that scared him, then I don't know what to tell you other than you're delusional.

The Wings realized, "We better keep our heads up while this clown is on the ice." THAT was what prevented further cheap shots, not "Oh no... it's the Wings! I better be on my best behavior! They scurr me!!!"
                        Last edited by chemiclord; November 24, 2013, 12:44 PM.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong... I don't think fighting is something that HAS to be abolished from the sport. There are far worse ways these guys hurt themselves than dropping the gloves.

But I don't think it was the corrective measure "old-school" hockey fans like to pretend it was.

Comment

• Don't get me wrong... I don't think fighting is something that HAS to be abolished from the sport. There are far worse ways these guys hurt themselves than dropping the gloves.

But I don't think it was the corrective measure "old-school" hockey fans like to pretend it was.

Back Peddling Now - your posts are losing strength.

that the Wings were the ONLY team that scared him,
                            Didn't say anything about being scared. Lemieux had no choice but to defend himself b/c of his behavior and that only. He could get away with all his crap today without payback

Can't watch youtube? McCarty telling him right there - gonna kick your ass again you wants some, better be ready? That's old time hockey, no matter how many cheap shots he through after that, you still can't name one at the Red Wings can you??

Comment

• We had such a well rounded team for all those years too. Not only did you have those highly skilled guys but we had some grit too.

DMac would protect the guys, Laponte was tough as nails and Shanny wouldn't take shit from anyone. I miss Maltby in his prime, he was such a great agitator and could score those timely goals when you wouldn't expect. At the end he was a wasted roster spot for bad penalties but in his day he was so fun to watch getting underneath peoples skin
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Yea, wow those really were the good ol days forgot about Marty Lapointe, he had legs strong as tree trunks and just as wide lol

Comment

Working...
                                X