Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obviously to make room for Kenny Williams or possibly Jaylen Brown.

Comment

• Btw, 34% of the "crystal ball experts" on 247 recruiting have Brown going to Michigan now.
      Jaylen Brown is a 6-7, 175-pound Small Forward from Marietta, GA.

and here is a useful scholarship update chart:
      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Thanks -- good chart.

I don't get it with Brown. The path to PT is right there for him at other schools, and not here. He must really like us. Either way, it's great. Great to be associated with a top prospect right down to the wire.

Comment

• I'm going to not change my tune and become optimistic.

That said, his recruitment has been ultra secretive so WTF knows. Reminds me of Chatman's to a degree.

Comment

• This thing with Hatch sounds like something he was pressured into.

I hope that's not the case. If it is, it has a very SEC flavor to it.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• watch the press conference, Liney, and see what you think. I think Hatch initiated it.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                This thing with Hatch sounds like something he was pressured into.

What have you seen that would lead you to think that in any way?

Comment

• Hatch also wants to be a Dr. and take pre-med type classes which is tough to do as a member of the basketball team.

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                    This thing with Hatch sounds like something he was pressured into.

Somebody explain to me what is wrong with forcing a kid to take a medical scholarship when he actually has a medical condition that keeps him from being able to play, and why it is a terrible thing to continue to let a kid go to college for free without symbolically letting him wear a uniform (which would take up a valuable spot on the team).
                    Last edited by Hannibal; April 28, 2015, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• I side with Hannibal....AGAIN!
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• It sounded like Hatch was having a difficult time balancing basketball and academics (the time needed to study). Now Hatch can make academics his #1 priority.
                        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• One CANNOT get admitted to M's Medical School and play B-Ball or Football.

The time requirements to take the pre-med classes let alone prepare for and get a high enough grade on the MCAT to even make the cut and get considered are huge.

I don't think I can name an M (or any other school for that matter) football or basketball player who, after 4, even 5 years, was admitted to M's Medical or Dental Schools. Anyone?

IOW, if that is Hatch's intent, go to Med School, taking the medical is a very smart move.
                          There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Marc Milia.

Maybe the older Hutchinson brother?

Point taken though. It's got to be pretty hard although there is the occasional contributor with an engineering degree (e.g. James Voskuil) and those paths are very similar.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; April 28, 2015, 08:35 AM.

Comment

• I'm sure this wasn't new or a surprise to Hatch. It's been discussed, and it's fine. Hannibal is of course right. Michigan doesn't owe a scholarship to a guy who can't really play.

But, frankly, we're on commitment watch for a potentially program-changing player. At this point it would be great to keep all non-recruiting posts in the non-recruiting basketball thread, please. Would be great to have no false alarms in this thread.

Comment

• Jaylen Brown is a 6-7, 175-pound Small Forward from Marietta, GA.

M at 47% at 24/7 Sports Crystal Ball. Hopefully they know something they aren't sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X