No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Washington is ever going to work for the people again, heads have to roll by the dozens. And from very high up the chain. Very sick.

Comment

• The three grand juries and Schneiderman may make up for the lack of an independent counsel statute. The money laundering bit may be easier to prove than actual collusion.

Comment

• Kellyanne says its 'inappropriate' to question the President's hirings and firings

[ame]https://twitter.com/PhilipRucker/status/862274825120886784[/ame]

Comment

• When you are famous they let you get away with it.

Comment

• Spicer hiding in bushes yesterday

Comment

• Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov cracks jokes and mocks the press asking about Comey. Looking forward to the meeting with Trump!

[ame]https://twitter.com/TomNamako/status/862286432207089664[/ame]

Comment

• last I heard comey was under nationwide ridicule for falsely testifying wieners wife forwarded "hundreds of thousands of emails"

last I heard despite month after month of exhaustive media hysteria no evidence exists that there was a russian trump collusion.

last I heard shillary and all the left wingers blamed comey for throwing the election to trump

last I heard James Clapper, who served as director of national intelligence during the Obama administration, stood by past assertions that he had no evidence of collusion between the Trump campaign and the Russian government. Asked by Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., whether that assessment is still accurate, Clapper said: “It is.”

anybody here think that over the last 12 months comey has done his job and testified before congress the way a director of the fbi should--if Obama would have fired him in his last day of office you people would have been singing his praises and demanding the election results be voided

HYSTERIA

Kid--thank you for your service 5 deployments in 12 years is rough--Hope you finish your 20 stateside

Comment

• Why didn't Trump fire Comey on Day 1, crash?

You think he actually did this, as the Rosenstein letter states, because he mistreated Hillary? You think Donald Trump couldn't make up his mind about Comey until he'd heard from the man he most respects in the world: Rod Rosenstein?

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/862297830920159234[/ame]

Comment

• People keep on saying evidence doesn't exist, but nobody that would know has actually said said that,. In any of the hearings either the people saying it didn't weren't in the loop (Clapper) or wouldn't acknowledge evidence because of ongoing criminal investigations. I mean read up.

Comment

• The Spicer/bushes story was so funny it overcame the sadness of it all. Great work by that reporter.

Comment

• But on a day of political high drama in Washington, Mr. Comey rebuked Mrs. Clinton as being “extremely careless” in using a private email address and server. He raised questions about her judgment, contradicted statements she has made about her email practices, said it was possible that hostile foreign governments had gained access to her account, and declared that a person still employed by the government — Mrs. Clinton left the State Department in 2013 — could have faced disciplinary action for doing what she did.

comey's testimony where he misspoke about hundreds of thousands of emails on hillarys server

comeys announcement 10 days before the election that he was investigating hillarys emails to weiner even though he didn't have a clue what was in them nor his investigators when he opened the investigation back up inrality swaying the elction much more then any rushkie coiuld ever hope for

comey fokked himself over and over. I don't know why trump didn't fire him day one but enough was enough after his testimony faux paux monday

Comment

• Comey did something recently- I suspect it was his sloppy testimony- that drew the ire, and the predictable childish backlash, of The Orange One. The timing, execution, explanation, and subsequent spin have the familiar Bad New Bears/KeyStone Kops air about them which we have come to recognize when the president makes decision on his own.

Comment

• Really, nobody was calling for his firing despite the sloppiness of his email investigation, you won't find many quotes calling for it. The most important reason was the fear of his replacement being a total Trump stooge that would kill any investigation.

But there is a strain if the GOP that is the party of Nixon and they believe Nixon was wronged. Guys like Dick Cheney and Roger Stone to name a few. Pat Buchanan, G Gordon Liddy. It still permeates the GOP, they will close ranks to support Trump as they view the GOP members that were ready to impeach Nixon as turncoats.

When I said Trump was running for Nixon's 3rd term, that might have been the greatest post in the history of the internet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                                The answer to your last question is, probably but it's not likely to be because, as you suggest leading up to your question, we are "moving toward a single payer system ....."

It will be because of economies of scale and the principles inherent in competitive markets.

If, as I have offered in previous posts, the administrative and regulatory framework of the ACA remains that values and reimburses outcomes, big HC will remain profitable only by creating cost and service provision efficiencies in monetary terms and based on reimbursement for outcomes.

I don't believe the way HC is now paid for, by the insurance industry, is going to get unraveled to pave the way for a single payer system. I'm pretty sure the advocates of universal HC coverage knew that about a decade ago, maybe longer.

Considering babyboomers are adding to the Medicare needs and fewer and fewer are putting into the system, I'd suggest either care will be rationed or Medicare will flat out reset prices. One or the other will happen. When Medicare is expanded to become one payer, that belief, I believe, because more entrenched. Systems without scale will not be able to survive. Gov't will at some point require the large systems to provide rural health and outside of private healthcare boutiques for the rich, there will be 50 or so health systems in the US. That's my thought process...
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X