Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
    Also, since when do we care about anti-semitism? I thought the prevailing thought amongst "Smug America" was F Israel and if shit gets a little anti-semitic then so be it. I guess it depends on the source.
    I don't think so. At least I've never heard anyone say antisemitism is ok. I've heard people say that criticizing Israel is not anti-Semitic much like criticizing Italy is not anti-Catholic and criticizing India isn't anti-Hindu. But no one saying anti-semitism is ok.
    To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• I think the source matters. If it's an arab student launching into an anti-Israel tirade that is obviously anti-semitic or if it's a question -- "Are you smelly?" -- kind of thing. It gets minor play.

Jews remain the runaway leader for victims of hate crimes. Yet, I doubt those crimes receive a fraction of the coverage of alleged hate crimes/hoax hate crimes against others and other religions.

Right-wing anti-semitic commentary is, of course, a big deal. But if it comes from Husam El-Qoulaq then, eh, understanding is in order.

Put very simply, I think "Islamophobia" receives gads more press than "anti-semitism" despite the fact that the latter happens way more frequently. And I think that accurately reflects the values of, at least, progressives.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• In the deeply disturbing response to her piece, Ioffe said she sees a frightening future of what freedom of the press – and the country – might look like under President Trump.

Still going with the "Trump is Hitler". The Left has gone Full Godwin in this election.

Side note -- I guess this means that spouses are no longer off limits? Can we bookmark this event and recall it when it happens to a Democrat some day and everyone is offended by it?
        Last edited by Hannibal; April 29, 2016, 12:22 PM.

Comment

I remember when entropy didn't hate America. Hoss, on the other hand, has always hated America. And smelly jews. And Mike has cast his lot with Western Ontario sports teams.

I doubt any of you fuckers can get more than 3 words into the Pledge of Allegiance w/o going blank.
          I doubt you can go more than two steps onto holy ground before a burning sensation sets in, heathen. I don't mean the kind you get "down there" from the fraternizing with the women of Columbus either. Flambe Talento.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember when entropy didn't hate America. Hoss, on the other hand, has always hated America. And smelly jews. And Mike has cast his lot with Western Ontario sports teams.

I doubt any of you fuckers can get more than 3 words into the Pledge of Allegiance w/o going blank.

Hating America is so limiting.. I just hate people in general... heh
            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Ah, entropy prays at The Wizard's Church of Misanthropy. Sensible.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• ...but he doesn't hate all equally, the elitist bastard. People from Ohio hold a special place in the pantheon.

Comment

• Is that really so bad?

Could be much worse, say , gay like Hack?
                  "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Crude and mormonic. A bit of sophistication in it please or you will not get the reward you are seeking here.

Comment

• Hack , delivering the Uber Experience of excellence, yes.

Amature, psychological analysis? Not so much.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• And stop using your fucking space bar when it's not appropriate! Go home and get yourself together before approaching me again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wild Hoss View Post
                          Methinks "Smug America" has chapters at both ends of spectrum.
                          In 15+ years of posting with Talent, I would've never guessed how strongly he opposed "smugness".
                          Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; April 29, 2016, 05:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post

Still going with the "Trump is Hitler". The Left has gone Full Godwin in this election.

Side note -- I guess this means that spouses are no longer off limits? Can we bookmark this event and recall it when it happens to a Democrat some day and everyone is offended by it?
                            WTF are you talking about? People went after Michele Obama and Cindy McCain. They went after Teresa Kerry and brought up Laura Bush killing someone in a car accident when she was in high school. The Bush campaign in 2000 spread rumors that McCain had fathered a black kid out of wedlock right before the South Carolina primary.

I mean, geez, CNN has been airing mini documentaries on past elections and Rachel Jackson committing bigamy in 1828 was a major campaign issue. Attacking spouses has long been off limits? I call BS

Comment

• Bill Clinton might be interested in learning that spouses have always been off limits.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                                Bill Clinton might be interested in learning that spouses have always been off limits.
                                Shit, Hillary would be awfully interested as well.
                                To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

Working...
                                X