No announcement yet.

Brady Unlimited III: Wolverines in the NFL & NFL News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They do apply it uniformly. The league didn't receive a grievance against another team. If they had I guarantee they would have done the same thing.

The NFL measures pressure in balls and gives them back to the teams. Unless there's a complaint, there's no need to measure them again. That's a uniform process all day long. The Colts bitcged. The NFL couldn't ignore it.
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The Patriots are not appealing the team penalties, which were every bit as harsh as Brady's suspension. No sense in chasing a losing cause. So, they lose a first round pick and lower round pick and are fined $1M.

Given the obvious fact that the balls were deflated after inspection, this makes sense. Looks like they're setting up an "organization" did it defense, but not Brady. Unfortunately, it belies rational thought to conclude that the Patriots were intentionally violating league rules to set a certain ball pressure without Brady's knowledge. He better prostrate himself before the Commish and hope for the best.

Comment

• LMAO

Comment

• In view of the Patriots conceding the obvious, I'm optimistic that the Stillers will face Jeanine Garafalo in the season opener. Stand strong, Roger!

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
            The Patriots are not appealing the team penalties, which were every bit as harsh as Brady's suspension. No sense in chasing a losing cause. So, they lose a first round pick and lower round pick and are fined $1M.
            Irrelevant to the Brady case. Separate appeal, different venue for it (NFLPA).

Kraft didn't admit any wrong doing. Recognizes that a million bucks to silence the chatter was worth it.

Such is life in the world of Billionaires.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• I see several fronts for the Brady appeal:

Probably the strongest is the credibility of the expert. If that can be undermined that will be a problem for Goodell.

Goodell acted within his authority in opening an investigation. The question to me, is the suspension arbitrary? Are there due process issues in the investigation and did an abrogation of those result in the arbitrary punishment? More specifically, how can the NFL, intent to protect the integrity of the game, impose a punishment based on suspicion as opposed to facts. I'd call that demeaning the integrity of the Commissioner's office and the Commissioner himself.

Anyway, this isn't over. When it is, if a Brady punishment, any kind of punishment, stands I'll graciously acknowledge I may not have understood the case well enough to stake out the position I've staked out.
              Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; May 19, 2015, 06:55 PM.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Brady would never cheat. He's a Michigan Man

Comment

• I think the appeal process will be fun. If for nothing more than to see Goodell dragged around the yard a few times.
                  "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                    Seems odd to me that the referees who spot the ball after every play never noticed anything wrong with them.
                    That's a really good point.

Comment

• Yeah I was reading the latest Lester Munson article, he believes that using Troy Vincent to hand down the punishment is a violation of the CBA and a winner for the NFLPA.

Comment

• This is beyond astounding.

TV deals mean big, big money for the NFL. How big? $7.24 billion big.
                        The NFL split a massive $7.24 billion in revenue with all 32 teams last season. Each team received $226.4 million as part of the split, most of which comes from the various television deals. The numbers come from the Green Bay Packers' annual financial report, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.

If you're having trouble grasping the meaning of that massive amount of money, the NFL would qualify as one of the richest countries on the world, at least according to Wikipedia. Their numbers would put them somewhere in the 145 range. The league would rank somewhere around No. 50 overall when it comes to private companies as well, according to this list from Forbes.

More comparisons to help put $7.24 billion in context:

More than every Steven Spielberg movie ever at the box office, according to Box Office Mojo.
                        The NFL could buy four space shuttles.
                        10 Pluto missions with enough left over to pay Peyton Manning to run them.
                        Since 1997, American taxpayers have contributed a total of $4.7 billion for NFL stadiums.
                        Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers makes an average annual salary of $22 million -- to put this into perspective, the Packers made just over 10 times that amount in national revenue alone.

As the only NFL team publicly owned by fans, the Packers are required to release this financial information on a yearly basis. The numbers are up significantly from last year, in which roughly $6 billion was split between the teams. That's a pretty significant increase, which isn't surprising given the fact that new TV deals kicked in this past season.

Those TV deals include new basic deals with CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, ESPN and the NFL Network, including the Thursday Night Football package for CBS. That deal was worth $275 million, and has been renewed for 2015 at $300 million. It's possible these numbers will be even more massive next year, as DirecTV and the NFL agreed on a new deal for NFL Sunday Ticket, which kicks in this season.

The national revenue sharing is up by a massive 120 percent over the last 11 years, according to Darren Rovell of ESPN. That also factors in inflation. To compare, for the 2012 season, teams received a $179.9 million slice of the pie. National revenue growth per team from 2005-10 was 16.2 percent, while from 2010-14 it grew a massive 136 percent. Needless to say, the TV deals are being awfully kind to the NFL these days. For the Packers themselves, they also reported a record of $375.7 million in revenue in 2014, up more than $50 million from the previous year.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• And yet, the NFL still charges the DoD millions per year for staging their contrived "Hometown Heroes" events.

Comment

• Brady destroyed the phone, Goodell upholds suspension, next stop court.

In a not-at-all unexpected end (for now) to the #DeflateGate saga, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell has upheld his four-game suspension of Patriots quarterback Tom Brady In the league's release on the matter, they stated that "important new information disclosed by Brady and his representatives"…

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/michaelFhurley/status/626050883793625088[/ame]
                              I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Brady would definitely win in court. The investigation was shoddy. As long as he gets a fair judge there is no way that this suspension holds. The NFL keeps saying they're concerned with the integrity of the game, but they didn't have the balls checked until half time. The Pats were already up 17-7. The Colts don't bitch because they were then outscored 28-0. Air pressure didn't matter...
                                Last edited by Rocky Bleier; August 2, 2015, 01:51 PM.
                                I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

Working...
                                X