No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, I don't think Delly is going anywhere as long as LeBron wants him around. He also would likely be exposed a little more w/o being on the floor with LeBron.

Comment

• Even if you can't get him, in going after him you'll still drive up Delly's retention price for the cavs. So I'd still target Delly with some backup plans. Even with targeting a PG in free agency, they should probably draft one or two more guys with play making ability too.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• good point
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• It says here Dellavadova is the product of having Lebron. The list is long with guys like him who flop after leaving the superstar. He is a really great role player for that team, I doubt he would flourish on a big deal.

Comment

• LeBron is obviously great, but IMO Drummond makes a PG look better than he really is more than LeBron does. LeBron generally isn't generating assists for others at the clip Drummond does and actually is pulling the playmaking opportunities away from the PG quite often.

Also, I think Delly will get paid and it will be a surprisingly high number, but it will be more because the cap is exploding then anything.
            Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• That's kind of the point. With Lebron around, PGs don't have to be PGs, they can do thinks like knock down wide open shots and spend a shit ton of energy on defense and aren't saddled with running an offense and getting shots for other people. Dellavadova can do those first two things with the Cavs. But can he actually run an offense and get shots for other people, all without Lebron, Kevin Love and Kyrie sucking away much of the attention?

Comment

• I personally thought I saw that ability in the games I saw him, but that said most of those games were against the Pistons and Jackson is such a lousy defender. So maybe he looked artificially better to my eyes, not so much because of LeBron, but because of Jackson

Comment

• You probably saw him against Blake...

Comment

• Both, but mostly Jackson. Irving has been out of action a whole lot the last two seasons. And Blake sucks at defense too (at least at this point in his career)

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainevent View Post
                      That's kind of the point. With Lebron around, PGs don't have to be PGs, they can do thinks like knock down wide open shots and spend a shit ton of energy on defense and aren't saddled with running an offense and getting shots for other people. Dellavadova can do those first two things with the Cavs. But can he actually run an offense and get shots for other people, all without Lebron, Kevin Love and Kyrie sucking away much of the attention?
                      Exactly

Comment

• Yep

Comment

• Not a Delly fan either. He plays hard, but he's going to get over $10 million to be a backup. I would make a play for Collison in Sacto. I think he has one year left on his deal, so maybe we can flip our 1st for him.

Comment

• Maybe SVG can find someone in the draft.
                            F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• what about the Baldwin kid from Vanderbilt? PG with potential? I don't follow enough to know where he's going to be drafted.
                              Forever One!

Comment

• Sounds like he has some issues, but agreed....like his talent. Would probably rather have Jackson or Ulis in the 1st or Felder/Ferrell in the 2nd. Felder might go 1st though.

Comment

Working...
                                X