No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To each his own, I loved watching him play. The most amazing thing was his Finals performance in 2004, unguardable even during the 5 game sweep. what a great player.

Comment

• Shaq was a monster. I'll side with froot on this one.
      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Of course his game was being bigger than everyone else, but he was really quick and coordinated. If it was so easy we would see more guys like him. He didn't have range but the dude was deadly inside of 6 feet.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
          Of course his game was being bigger than everyone else, but he was really quick and coordinated. If it was so easy we would see more guys like him. He didn't have range but the dude was deadly inside of 6 feet.
          You don't see more guys like him because the number of 7'2" 280+ people that don't fall apart the first time they land funny consist of maybe a dozen people in the world at best. I'll readily agree that he won the genetic lottery, and that he became a great basketball player because of that.

It's really easy to be deadly at the rim when you can run people over with impunity. I just found that to be not the least bit entertaining. "Oh look... he's hip checking someone into the third row so he can dunk unopposed. Again."

Comment

• I loved it, amazing to warch.

Comment

• Most stars have won the genetic lottery.

Comment

• Loved watching Shaq too.

Comment

It was always better back in the day.
                  Except now it's a statistical fact....

The 3 most efficient offensive seasons in NBA history were 1987, 1995 and 2009. It's nearly a 3 way tie there. It proves there's more than one way to have good offense but excessive 3 point chucking isn't one of them.

Comment

• I mean it was great suspense, the 2004 finals had maybe the best defensive team of all time and they had to use every possible player to guard him and use their fouls. They had to scheme to keep him from getting the ball he was a monster I that series.

Lebron is a superlative player, one of the best ever, but it seems like he has to exert maximum effort to dominate. Shaq made it look so easy. Good post players are a joy to warch.

Comment

I mean it was great suspense, the 2004 finals had maybe the best defensive team of all time and they had to use every possible player to guard him and use their fouls. They had to scheme to keep him from getting the ball he was a monster I that series.

Lebron is a superlative player, one of the best ever, but it seems like he has to exert maximum effort to dominate. Shaq made it look so easy. Good post players are a joy to warch.
                      He made it look so easy because it WAS easy for him. All he had to do was back his opponent off his spot (see also; offensive foul), and use his bulk to back said guy up underneath the rim.

When you're bigger than everyone else, AND are allowed to do whatever you want in the painted area... yeah... you're gonna make the game look pretty damn easy.

Comment

• I guess that is how you saw it, it didn't affect my enjoyment though.

Comment

• The Cavaliers are bring the intensity tonight on defense.

If I were coaching the Warriors I would emphasize having Curry with the ball to initiate the offense. The Cavs are doing a great job of impeding him away from the ball. Get him the ball to let him use his ball handling.

Comment

• Shaq was one of the best passers out of the post that's ever lived. His younger years before he put on too much weight were amazing.

Comment

• Shaq also had probably the most exquisite drop step in basketball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chemiclord View Post
                                He made it look so easy because it WAS easy for him. All he had to do was back his opponent off his spot (see also; offensive foul), and use his bulk to back said guy up underneath the rim.

When you're bigger than everyone else, AND are allowed to do whatever you want in the painted area... yeah... you're gonna make the game look pretty damn easy.
                                Shaq was just hard to officiate. He also got hammered every single time he tried to post up.

Comment

Working...
                                X