Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hack View Post
    Pretty gross.
    Checkmate.

Comment

• There's chatter that Ulizio will start at RT.

This is either good news because he is really good becasue he beat out JBB or bad news because the RT position is exceptionally weak.

I will guarantee you that UF will attack the RT position on every third down.
      Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Apparently Ulizio has really came on during fall camp, good surprise if true as depth at OT is a huge concern. Didn't have any expectation from JBB being decent after what I saw from him last season, I've been hoping for Runyan at RT but appears he's been eclipsed by Ulizio.

We've known for awhile the RT spot was going to be a weakness, we'll see vs Florida how weak it is as they have have a few excellent defensive ends.

Comment

• This is a good explanation of M's base defense and how it flexes into some pretty exotic packages. It's a pure cover zero concept on the back end and one can see why cover skills are essential for CBs playing in Brown's system.

Diante Lee breaks down how the Michigan Wolverines focus on stopping the run, which helps make them the best defense in the nation.
          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• DE is a strength of Florida's D based on who returns.
            Sherit, Zuniga, and Jefferson. Good test for Ulizio right away.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Caffeine is wearing off, last post

Ranking Michigan Football’s alternate jerseys

Comment

• Brian (mgoblog) in his annual Predictions piece that appears before each season, picks M to go 10-2.

Good news for you over guys. Bad news for the rest of us. If I'm not mistaken, the take on that is pretty even showing how difficult it is to pick final records, I guess.

He calls UF a lean to a win, @PSU and @Wisky toss-ups and osu in AA a lean to a loss. Outcome in those four games will determine M's win/loss totals.

He calls a split in those four to go 10/2 and that, IMO, neglects to account for that one WTF loss to somebody like the Gophers or the Hoosiers. History is not on our side in that regard.

8-4 or 9-3 based on that for me.

Comment

• I don't see a WTF loss happening this season, Gopher's ime aren't as good as they were last season...

I'm about as big of a fan of Indiana on this board, I could see them winning eight games in '17. Defensively they were solid last season, gave both Michigan & Penn State close games and if not for their 5 lost fumbles vs PSU they win that game...

I worry about the Hoosier's offensive line/ rushing attack, better defenses like OSU could make them very one dimensional. They'll hang in vs Penn State, Wisconsin & vs us; but I think they'll need a lot of breaks (injuries, big plays, turnovers, bad calls, etc.) to actually beat us.

Comment

• How much harder did @Purdue, @Indiana, and @Maryland just get? Texas shit the bed, but Maryland did surprise me.
                    I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• I should have already bought my @Maryland tickets. Price probably just went up for that one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                        How much harder did @Purdue, @Indiana, and @Maryland just get? Texas shit the bed, but Maryland did surprise me.
                        Maryland depends on the QB situation. He's supposed to have an MRI today(?)

Comment

• Maryland if they were hypothetically in the B1G West could develop into one of the West's better programs, in the East they'll be relegated to the #4 spot at best... Really like Durkin long-term, lots of underrated talent in that region (NJ, Pennsylvania, Maryland, DC, Virginia) too.

Turtles needs to beat PSU to steal recruits away from them and keep the Maryland/DC talent away from VT/PSU. Maryland to B1G could make them more attractive to recruits than VT. This season, I'm not overly high on the Terrapins.

Comment

• It's a Monday morning during football season, and there are no new posts about Michigan football. We have new posts in the OT, MSU and OSU threads.

Comment

• ....... and?

Here's the deal. There are multiple web sites doing excellent post game analysis that is a far cry from what any of us here can do. That's not to say that I don't like the hot takes from posters here. I do.

I will say this about that, though. I don't enjoy hearing the negativity about Speight here and don't feel compelled to post counter-points to them.

At mgoboard (or other M web sites where posters freely comment), there is some pretty awful stuff being posted about him and the team in general. Those kind of comments, when it's pretty clear from the nature of them, come from the generally uninformed, who think they know about football but likely don't, aren't usually worth the key strokes to tell them how foolish they are.

Yesterday and today, there are an abundance of point-counterpoint pieces on his performance and the team in general. So, I have nothing worth posting that isn't already out there.

Comment

• Same

Comment

Working...
                                X