No announcement yet.

Off Topic: Soccer and NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My son and I started watching some Premier League games after Albania's trip to EUFA's piqued my football interest. I consulted with some friends who know a lot more about it than I do and decided that Newcastle is my team. Good unis. Like the beer. Blue collar, industrial northern town. Just back from relegation. I'm in. Just need to beat that Harry Shearer twerp from Tottenham Sunday to get the season started right.

Marko, when it comes to SPL, I've adopted the Rangers, thanks to my Glaswegian friends.

Comment

• That's a tough lift, they are a big club that struggles. They are part of a select group of teams that should be more successful. Relegation didn't hurt them much, they ran through the Championship league pretty easily. Taking care of Kane will also be a tough lift.

Comment

• Liverpool's backline evidently didn't get better over the summer. 3-3 draw to the Hornets.

Comment

• Hibs 3
          Rangers 2

Read the headline that Hibs beat Rangers in a "pulsating but at times ill tempered Scottish Premiership clash".

So in other words, it was just another Scottish Premiership match - right?

Comment

• The US blistered Panama 4-0 tonight. Pulisic was very good, if they win at T&T they are definitely in.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
              The US blistered Panama 4-0 tonight. Pulisic was very good, if they win at T&T they are definitely in.
              I honestly thought Pulisic's assist was more impressive than his goal. To thread a pass through three defenders and put it right on Altidore's foot (about the only place Jozy isn't going to shank it) was remarkable.

Comment

• Yeah that was great, he is really a treat to watch. I'm glad they got up early so they could get him out early. Those Central American teams pound the shit out of him. Finish the job Tuesday, you don't want to have to beat the Socceroos to get to the World Cup.

Comment

• Yes Pulisic is great to watch, whether for Dortmund or America. Bundesliga is on every weekend live here and I regularly tune in.

Couldn't get to see the Scotland v Slovakia game the other night but got a text from a buddy, "YES! 1-0 FT. GET IN!" I thought superb! Then I read the report....... Slovakia had a player sent off in the 23RD minute, and it was a 91st minute OG that settled it. Typical Scotland.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• It looks like Slovakia's goaltender was playing out of his mind. About the only way anything was getting past him was an own goal that night.

Comment

• Not only him, but the crossbar and posts. Scotland hit the bar 4 times! Again, typical Scotland. They really should start proper shooting practice and give up the charitable "crossbar challenge!"
                      "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Epic Fail in Trinidad & Tobago, combined with Panama and Honduras winning, leads to the USA not qualifying for the World Cup.
                        Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Maybe... Klinsmann wasn't the problem after all. Maybe, in fact, he was right all along and the American soccer program is total puke garbage.

Comment

• What a disaster, clean it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                              What a disaster, clean it out.
                              The problem is there's nothing to replace it with.

The entire system from the youth program on up is a mess, designed to bilk money out of upper middle class yuppies rather than scout and develop talent wherever it can be found.

Add to that amateur and professional leagues whose only goal is to maintain the status quo at whatever cost, and you have a system that is decrepit to the core.

If you're trying to clean your kitchen with a bag of dog shit, what good is that going to do?

Comment

• First time since 86 that the USA have not qualified I'm hearing on radio this morning? And Argentina almost didn't qualify either! Thankfully Messi stepped up....... the World Cup wouldn't be the same without Argentina. And Holland ARE NOT at the World Cup but Iceland ARE!! It's going to be a unique World Cup.

Maybe the Russian, German & English hooliganism footage, with everyone being battered by water cannons might be the best entertainment.

The USA, Scotland, Holland and Wales should organise a four country mini tournament while the World Cup is on. The Scots would finish that four team table the strongest -----> on the bottom holding the other three up.

Comment

Working...
                                X