Around the Big Ten

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
    Agree with your point on the data.......Iowa staff should have been influenced by the 500y mcsorely and Barkely had already put up on Iowa's bend don't break soft approach.

I'd take the chance with heavy pressure on first down, get PSU off schedule and go from there. The way it was played, PSU had it's way with play calls. Made it easy for them. With Franklin, you make him think, he'll fuck it up.
    Easy for them? They scored on 4th down with no time on the clock.

Comment

• And on a couple of key plays the Iowa defenders were right there only to have the PSU player beat them/make the play.

If they get too over aggressive and Barkley or one of the other players beats them for a big play then the criticism swings the other way.

Comment

• Were they playing a cover 2 the whole game? I didn't see the game, I haven't seen Iowa play this year but sometimes you are limited in what scheme you are able to play.

Comment

• Iowa's safeties are always playing some type of zone, usually helping deep in passing situations but willing to bring them up closer to the LOS in short situations for run support. I haven't seen any change in their base defense for almost 20 years.

Comment

• Easy for them? They scored on 4th down with no time on the clock.
            And converted another 4th down around PSUs 40 yard line on the same drive, it wasn't easy.

Comment

• 3-4 last week and now 19-22-1. So, you know, here’s your weekly fade material:

Nebraska (-5’) at Illinois. I’m starting to come around to the notion that UNL is total fucking dogshit. I mean, like, really not good. I started at that point with Illinois and, if anything, maybe overestimated that suckass program. Basically, I hate the fact that we, as humans, allow this game to be played. Evolved? Yeah, right. Gimme a pitched battle against the Mongols any fucking day. I dunno – the Corn Fucks have hosed me 3 out of 4 this year. I think I’m 1-1 backing the Illini. Time to Lovie up. Rashard Mendenhall and Co. keep it really close in front of a Sparty-esque 18,000 raucous fans.

Northwestern (+14’) at Wisconsin. My gut reaction is a Wisconsin beatdown. BUT, squirrely Fitzgerald often finds a way to make seeming blowouts into uncomfortable shitfests. The Evanston High Way. I think this week the Badgers are a little off and they spend more time than they want to wondering if they’ll win. Plus, I get the hook! Such a sucker. Mildcats to cover.

Maryland (+13) at Minnesota. I’m just going to go ahead and assume Maryland loses another QB. But even if they don’t, giving up 37 to UCF is disturbing. It’s clear they need to outscore teams, even the Goofer, and it’s clear they cannot. Meanwhile, the Goofers are rowing and running, running and rowing. Which is good – every time Connor Roda throws the ball an angel dies. I like the Goofer to grind the Turtle to dust and win by more than 17.

Indiana (+18 ) at Penn State. I’m still aboard the Penn State train. I thought they had ample chances to actually take the game by the throat last week and even cover. Instead they needed a small miracle to even win. IU seems to have found a running game with ex-Pickerington star Morgan Ellison (DSL is buoyant that his hometown boy is making good!). But, I mean, Georgia State. Ohio State beat IU by 28 on the road. Penn State is better than Ohio State and playing at home. I’ll back PSU to cover.

Iowa (+3’) at Michigan State. These teams seem to play close games, at least when it’s not in Iowa City. This one feels like another close game to me. I’m not sure either team is competent enough to put more than a score between them and the other. With 3 and the hook, the obvious play is Iowa. The money is backing Iowa, but the line has gone from 3 to 3’ almost begging people to back Iowa. I’m going to go ahead and out-think myself and back Sparty in this one. Then again, going contra my natural impulse is probably a winner. War Lewerke!

Ohio State (-28 ) at Rutgers. Until proven otherwise, Rutgers is awful. Ohio State has played 3 conference games against Rutgers, winning 56-17, 49-7 and 58-0. Those seem way more than 28 to me. The Buckeyes also seem like they’re really getting their “offense against horrific defenses” going. That said, Rutgers did push Washington. And then lost to Mighty Hurons of Washtenaw County. Yeah, I’ll back Urbs.

Michigan and Purdue each have a bye week to lick their wounds after last week’s titantic struggle; an early season Verdun.
              Last edited by iam416; September 29, 2017, 08:05 AM.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• STFU
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• Night game in Piscataway??? At your own peril....

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    3-4 last week and now 19-22-1. So, you know, here?s your weekly fade material:

Nebraska (-5?) at Illinois. I?m starting to come around to the notion that UNL is total fucking dogshit. I mean, like, really not good. I started at that point with Illinois and, if anything, maybe overestimated that suckass program. Basically, I hate the fact that we, as humans, allow this game to be played. Evolved? Yeah, right. Gimme a pitched battle against the Mongols any fucking day. I dunno ? the Corn Fucks have hosed me 3 out of 4 this year. I think I?m 1-1 backing the Illini. Time to Lovie up. Rashard Mendenhall and Co. keep it really close in front of a Sparty-esque 18,000 raucous fans.

Northwestern (+14?) at Wisconsin. My gut reaction is a Wisconsin beatdown. BUT, squirrely Fitzgerald often finds a way to make seeming blowouts into uncomfortable shitfests. The Evanston High Way. I think this week the Badgers are a little off and they spend more time than they want to wondering if they?ll win. Plus, I get the hook! Such a sucker. Mildcats to cover.

Maryland (+13) at Minnesota. I?m just going to go ahead and assume Maryland loses another QB. But even if they don?t, giving up 37 to UCF is disturbing. It?s clear they need to outscore teams, even the Goofer, and it?s clear they cannot. Meanwhile, the Goofers are rowing and running, running and rowing. Which is good ? every time Connor Roda throws the ball an angel dies. I like the Goofer to grind the Turtle to dust and win by more than 17.

Indiana (+18 ) at Penn State. I?m still aboard the Penn State train. I thought they had ample chances to actually take the game by the throat last week and even cover. Instead they needed a small miracle to even win. IU seems to have found a running game with ex-Pickerington star Morgan Ellison (DSL is buoyant that his hometown boy is making good!). But, I mean, Georgia State. Ohio State beat IU by 28 on the road. Penn State is better than Ohio State and playing at home. I?ll back PSU to cover.

Iowa (+3?) at Michigan State. These teams seem to play close games, at least when it?s not in Iowa City. This one feels like another close game to me. I?m not sure either team is competent enough to put more than a score between them and the other. With 3 and the hook, the obvious play is Iowa. The money is backing Iowa, but the line has gone from 3 to 3? almost begging people to back Iowa. I?m going to go ahead and out-think myself and back Sparty in this one. Then again, going contra my natural impulse is probably a winner. War Lewerke!

Ohio State (-28 ) at Rutgers. Until proven otherwise, Rutgers is awful. Ohio State has played 3 conference games against Rutgers, winning 56-17, 49-7 and 58-0. Those seem way more than 28 to me. The Buckeyes also seem like they?re really getting their ?offense against horrific defenses? going. That said, Rutgers did push Washington. And then lost to Mighty Hurons of Washtenaw County. Yeah, I?ll back Urbs.

Michigan and Purdue each have a bye week to lick their wounds after last week?s titantic struggle; an early season Verdun.
                    Don't you have a fucking ambulance to chase somewhere dickstain?
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This weekly assault on Spartan fans must come to an end, they actually came to the stadium to watch the team play their biggest rival. That will teach them to leave the tailgate.

Comment

• Hoosiers spot Nittany Lions 14 points in Happy Valley, that's not how you win games on the road. Probably will get even uglier. Sparty vs Iowa should be closer.

Comment

• Iowa & Sparty want to run the ball but can't... Both teams have had one really good drive but otherwise can't move the ball. Sparty's controlled field position which is a major factor in these type of games.

Comment

• Not having Beedle is killing them running the ball

Comment

• War Lewerke! And Hartbarger!

Comment

• The B1G West sucks...

Comment

Working...
                                X