Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

O'Korn--weaker arm but better mobility better fits the personnel of this year's offense. We don't have the big play WRs anyway so will have to involve the TEs and FB in the passing game. The Oline is suspect so the mobility will come in handy

The nice thing is that he has experience and a decent amount of time with these coaches. Shouldn't have to suffer through much in the way of new QB mistakes.
    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• The O'Kornffense sounds like the JTBfense. Godspeed.

(I missed your titantic battle watching 10u baseball in 90 degree weather. Super).
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• O'Korn. Speight seems to have reached his ceiling. Lost confidence. Maybe even regressed. He needs time to gather himself. He's also too slow to avoid the rush our O-line inevitably gives up. Team really rallied around JOK.
        I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Originally posted by whodean View Post
          O'Korn--weaker arm but better mobility better fits the personnel of this year's offense. We don't have the big play WRs anyway so will have to involve the TEs and FB in the passing game. The Oline is suspect so the mobility will come in handy.
          Weaker arm? The dude threw three or four really nice throws on the run and then a few more off of his back foot. His arm looks plenty strong to me.

Comment

• Michigan Football, Team 138, 2017 Season.

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
            Weaker arm? The dude threw three or four really nice throws on the run and then a few more off of his back foot. His arm looks plenty strong to me.

I think Speight throws the bomb better. Also did not mean that O'Korn is noodle-limbed either, just a comparison.

Besides, like I said I don't see the weapons to develop much of a deep passing attack this year anyway, unless DPJ grows up quickly. Also this Oline does not adequately provide the time to set up the deep stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Atlanta, GA

Comment

I think Speight throws the bomb better......
              I don't. It appears that O'Korn throws a good deep ball that is within his capabilities much better than Speight.

Speight may be able to throw it farther but he lacks the feel to get an appropriate arc on a deep ball. He hasn't thrown that kind of deep ball well for a long, long time now.

Maybe he does fine in practice but, I'm told the QBs, while they get some pressure, don't get hit in practice. For good reason, Speight seems troubled by pressure where he knows there is the chance he is going to get hit. That concern has gotten in his head, IMO, but I have no idea if it really is a factor. I think the coaching staff knows.

The bottom line is that something is wrong with Wilton Speight when facing live game pressure and rushers; in comparison, O'Korn does not seem to be affected as greatly if the one game he has played well in is an appropriate comparison. Have to be mindful and careful of that comparison..
              Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Chase Winovich Walter Camp National Defensive Player of the Week

Comment

I don't see the weapons to develop much of a deep passing attack this year anyway, unless DPJ grows up quickly.
                  My feeling is that DPJ's specialty is the deep ball. O'Korn nearly hit him for a TD just before half. DB broke it up as the ball was underthrown by a yard or two.

Schoenle also has speed to get open deep. Perry and Gentry are also deep threats, depending upon the coverage.

Comment

• As I said prior to the Purdue game, O'Korn hadn't been given a fair shot to run the offense. He was given much rope last year against Indiana, and in his appearances this year his hands have been tied by conservative play calls.

QBs often need to shake off some cobwebs and get opportunity to get in rhythm. Once you've got a bad throw out of the way, your concentration soars and better results are likely. We've seen this with Speight's bounceback against Florida, and O'Korn's 2nd half against Purdue.

Obviously, we might have lost to Purdue had Speight not been injured. This is a mark against Harbaugh. Reminds of the Brady Hoke fiasco where Hoke was overly anal about the QB position. Speight might have been better in August, but O'Korn has performed better in September and deserves the starting job.

Comment

• JOK is not the greatest qb, but hes the best option to win football games for Michigan. Harbaugh wants to prove hes right, he likes Speight over JOK and its more than just who is a better qb. I hope hes dropped his pride and lets JOK start vs Sparty. It will get ugly in that stadium for coach if Sp8 trots out as starter.

Comment

• O'Korn is much better when facing pressure and this OL provides constant pressure, O'Korn should start.

Comment

• For one game at least he was able to get the ball out quickly, on time, and on target to his receivers. Went through his progressions and found the open man on the field. Whether it was a short throw or a deep shot, he was throwing to the option that had the highest percentage of success on that play.

His footwork, throwing mechanics looked really good, poise, and reading of the Purdue defense was stellar from his first throw to his last. How about that bootleg? Showed his toughness while bleeding from the mouth after the targeting. I like a qb with some moxy.

Comment

• You guys might want to pump the brakes on the O'Korn bandwagon. Or maybe not, there is a long list of quarterbacks who look great when they come in against an unprepared team and falter when the next opponent is adaquately prepared.

Comment

• Froot, youre a more depressing read on Ms outlook than Hannibal. Impressive.

Comment

• You guys might want to pump the brakes on the O'Korn bandwagon.
                                Yea you try living threw Wilt Speight as YOUR starter for 15 games then talk to me!

Comment

Working...
                                X