Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• “The one thing I do know, and in visiting with him a few weeks ago, he is going to recruit toughness even if it means at some spot the talent might not be quite what he wants it to be,” Luginbill said. “A hallmark of his teams has been toughness, so whoever signs in this class, I guarantee you they’re going to have an element of that.”

You hear that John Beilein? He's talking about Harbaugh, but if you're not going to stress it in practice then you should listen up extra hard.

Comment

• that sounds like bo pelini..
      Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
        “The one thing I do know, and in visiting with him a few weeks ago, he is going to recruit toughness even if it means at some spot the talent might not be quite what he wants it to be,” Luginbill said. “A hallmark of his teams has been toughness, so whoever signs in this class, I guarantee you they’re going to have an element of that.”

You hear that John Beilein? He's talking about Harbaugh, but if you're not going to stress it in practice then you should listen up extra hard.
        This works more as a satirical take than it does an honest one.

Originally posted by entropy View Post
        that sounds like bo pelini..
        ...and the perfect follow-up. Meat-head bravado is never a substitute for real coaching.

Comment

• Vedran Modrić @vedranmo Follow
          Alba Berlin standout in #AdidasNGT Moritz Wagner, im told next year will go to NCAA. Michigan is no.1 option. - 7:20 AM - 1 Mar 2015

Wagner is exactly what M needs, landing him would get M's talent level to where it needs to be to compete for the B10 title. M doesn't have anyone incoming in the '15 class but Duncan Robinson will be eligible.

Comment

• I don't know if he alone would do it. He would help, but he's basically Duncan Robinson plus an inch or two.

Comment

• If they were healthy this season, I don't think they were as far away as a lot here think.

Comment

• In a lot of ways I very much agree.

Comment

• Big Fish Jaylen Brown (rated either #1 or #2, depending on the service) was in for an official visit last weekend, as was late-rising Mike Edwards.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3T-ul7PEsk"]Jaylen Brown Is a Straight BEAST! Athletic Wing Official Mixtape! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QijrwT8QZ8"]Michael Edwards 2015 John Glenn vs Grand Blanc Highlights - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Another 2015-16 possibility for Michigan:

According to a report by ESPN's Jeff Goodman, Michigan was one of four high-major teams to meet with Cornell graduate transfer Shonn Miller.

Comment

• Wagner is committed.

Comment

• Yep. Not bad, especially if he truly would be a top-40 guy if he were a High Schooler.

Comment

• I think Austin Hatch is in a position to truly help this team, and win other awards for selflessness. Suppose he and Jaylen Brown have a joint news conference in GA, and Hatch announces that he is going to pay his way to UM for next year so Brown can have his scholarship (Brown will only need it for one year). Hatch is financially well set. Brown accepts because he wants Beilein as a coach, but really wants Hatch as a teammate. Jaylen Brown gets lots of publicity (and potential endorsements). Hatch takes a difficult decision out of Beilein's hands.

Just dreaming.

Comment

• Brown must get the scholarship over Hatch.

The decision is an easy one if you ask me. Hatch is not owed a scholarship. A basketball program can't tie up 8.5% of its spots on the team for four years for a player who is physically incapable of contributing and has a valid medical excuse for not doing so.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; April 16, 2015, 03:31 PM.

Comment

• I'm more than comfortable having Hatch on scholarship as long as he wants, hell redshirt and take a 5th year if he wants.

Comment

• Hatch should not be comfortable with taking a scholarship. If UM were not in a crunch for scholarships, then fine. Beilein is keeping his word. Fine too. But Hatch is wealthy, and can afford to pay his own way (if he even has to under a health exemption, I don't know).

Beilein continues to look at players, most recently the de-commit from VCU. But Brown is the guy who takes next year's team to the top of the B10.

Comment

Working...
                                X