Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Non Football (OR POLITICAL) things that piss you off!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We just found out that Mike needed head surgery as well and came through it okay and is responsive.
    "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

A drunk driver hit a major gas main near Greenfield and Allen, which is not too far from where I am. The ensuing fireball was pretty impressive. This video is shot from Allen Road looking northeast toward Greenfield.

#birdsarentreal

Comment

That must have been startling, at the least. I am amazed that the driver survived.

Comment

I agree with Bim about the driver.

Was anyone else hurt?
          2015 AAL - Ezekiel "Double Digit Sacks" Ansah.

Comment

That's a huge fire.
            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

The driver's friend was following him and pulled him to safety before it blew.
              #birdsarentreal

Comment

Lucky his friend was there. Unlucky his friend let him get behind the wheel in the first place.

Comment

Very similar to when my cousin, Scott lit a fart at the Waverley Inn in 1989.
                  "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
                    Very similar to when my cousin, Scott lit a fart at the Waverley Inn in 1989.
                    Did they rebuild?
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

Check out this view of the explosion...yikes!!

#birdsarentreal

Comment

I wonder how the fire department addresses a gas explosion? Do they have a valve somewhere to turn it off? I don't see how they can get close enough to pour chemicals on it.

LOL at Malto and Marko. I had a roommate that tried that once. Methane IS flammable.

Comment

Damn...

Comment

"I wonder how the fire department addresses a gas explosion? Do they have a valve somewhere to turn it off? I don't see how they can get close enough to pour chemicals on it."
                            -----------------------------------------------------The only way to put it out is to turn off the gas. Yes there are valves to section of an area for this type of thing and repairs. Don't know if the gas company shares that info with the FD. I would think they would.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Years ago I got out of work at a pizza place I worked at. A gas main had sprung a leak about a half a block away. As I drove out of work, the cops were shutting down the intersection. Luckily traffic was about nill. But when I stepped out of work, the sound was deafening. Like standing next to a jet engine. I never would have thought it would be so loud - and that was not on fire. Just the sound of rushing gas. deafening from half a block a way.

I was talking to a guy who was in the heating / hvac business about it. He asked me if I knew how they repaired such things. I said no. He said they weld it, which seemed insane to me. He said there was not enough oxygen to ignite it at the source. The only dangerous part came right as it was about sealed and oxygen was present.

Not a job I would want. Yikes.
                              Lions Fans.

Demanding Excellence since Pathetic Patricia Piddled the Pooch!

Comment

Yup. Fire is a living entity. It needs air, fuel and a spark of life. Remove any of these and it can not survive. It also will fight for it's life.

So, in the situation above, the fuel rich environment displaces oxygen and starves it from the air it needs to be born.
                                Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

Working...
                                X