Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado @ Michigan, Post Game Discussion.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Strangelove View Post
    Bulletin board? Ok, so Harbaugh posts that up and tells his team what exactly?

"MEN! Look at this THIS! THIS is how Colorado chooses to respond to my paranoid mind games! With LIGHT-HEARTED HUMOR!! THEY DON"T TAKE US SERIOUSLY!! RRRRAAAAAAARRRRGHH!!!"
    Yes ...... it's unmitigated trolling.
    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

I'm sure the team is apoplectic with fury

Comment

Yeah. I can't figure out whether to feel rage or outrage, but, once I decide, IT'S ON.

Comment

It's hilarious! Props to the Colorado staff who put that together.

Comment

....... and it continues. If there is anyone who doesn't think Colorado is trolling M and that trolling won't end up answered and as bulletin board material for M, think again.

First, Colorado trolled the Wolverines with its uni combo. Then the Buffs gave Michigan a mock depth chart. Now, the shenanigans have escalated to discussing a Harbaugh fave: khakis.
            There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

Also interesting ..........

This is a link to a piece done by a Colorado fan who is a follower of Bill Connely's Advanced Stats metric which is used to predict wins/losses v. the 2016 schedule and total 2016 wins/losses.

First Colorado is a spread to run, up tempo offense. Against non-serious competition, they look good in efficiency measures per play (i.e., does the play do what it is designed to do) but not in explosiveness (generate big plays). IOW, they move the chains.

The analyst doing this piece offers that the offensive strategy is to make 3rd down manageable which, in turn, opens the play book. If first and second down plays don't achieve this objective, that's not good.

How would you and Don Brown use this information? IMO, first down defense is critical. Force the offense into the likelihood that the second down play isn't going to achieve the desired objective. Blitz on first down or play a standard D and see if the M DL can beat the OL and disrupt the play.

I'd go with the second option on the grounds that M wins the match-up battle in a standard D against the Buffalo's run blocking OL (M's DL wins) and passing game (M's Back 7 wins). Using the first option, IMO, opens up opportunities for big plays - something Colorado doesn't do much of even against poor competition.

Make third down predictable and then Blitz trying to force turnovers.

Comment

I admire Jeff's enthusiasm unknown to mankind in preparing for a blowout.

Comment

We just made it out of almost a decade of hell. A little leeway for bruised egos would be nice.

Comment

OK I'll pipe down but I do marvel at Jeff's ability to find all this stuff.

Comment

Yeah, I agree. Jeff's game-week posts are excellent and detail-rich and always required reading, but, also, LOL. I loved how, in the Hoke years, Jeff seemed to cope by continuing to obsessively read up pre-game but also by regularly declaring his intent to pull back from his emotional investment and time commitment to Michigan football. This is what it means to fight the good fight, I guess?

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                        It is exquisite.

Comment

Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                          I marvel at your ability to stick on Michigans nutt sack and act like you're not a blue fan. You spend more time on this forum than any other. Come out of the closet Travolta.
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Buchanan View Post
                            ....... and it continues. If there is anyone who doesn't think Colorado is trolling M and that trolling won't end up answered and as bulletin board material for M, think again.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...ading-game-day

That seems more like comedy and having fun than bulletin board material.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                            Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

In this case comedy = trolling, like looking for a rise. It is poking fun but my sense is that this particular team and Jim Harbaugh himself don't really joke around. Fairly serious about what they do. i.e., we'll see how funny Colrado thinks this is when the hitting starts.

Comment

Sounds like a fun place to be...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X