No announcement yet.

MLB and the Detroit Tigers Bandwagon Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chipper seems like an easy first ballot guy especially given the lack of 3rd basemen who are in.

Comment

• Yeah. He was a longtime, switch-hitting 3B with a great OBP and OPS.
      "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Wow, Tigers trade Verlander in middle of the night. End of an era. Team being blown up.

Comment

• Sad day. Had to be done. He's the only pitcher in my life that I made a point to watch every time he pitched. Hope he gets a ring.

Comment

• Random-ass stat: the Indians are the first team to have 12-game winning streaks in back-to-back seasons since the Earl Weaver Orioles did it in 1970-71
            Last edited by Dr. Strangelove; September 4, 2017, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Best team in baseball.
              Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
              Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Hope they aren't peaking a bit too early but have been playing great since the All-Star break.

Comment

• Yeah, they're not just winning, they're murdering teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                    Best team in baseball.
                    uhhh..Dodgers and Astros beg your pardon.
                    Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Uhhhh, over the course of the entire season, sure....right now or even since the all-star break? --- they've been playing better than anyone...

Comment

• They'll blow it in the playoffs or WS.

It's Cleveland. It's what they do.
                        I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Well, sure.

Comment

• Indians up to 18 in a row. Dodgers up to 10 in a row. No one in their right mind is saying the Dodgers are the best team in baseball right now.

Comment

• Atlanta, GA

Comment

• Indians keep rolling. My favorite stat for the 19 game winning streak -- during those 19 games the Indians have hit 38 home runs while giving up only 32 runs.

Unlike last season, both Carrasco and Salazar are healthy. But, shit, Salazar has been relegated to the bullpen because the other starters are throwing so well. Bauer, in particular, has really stepped it up in the 2nd half.

There isn't a better 1-2 punch than Kluber and Carrasco. They really need to get Andrew Miller back and healthy. If that happens, shit, they're going to be a really tough out. However, losing Zimmer hurts. His bat is meh, but he's been fantastic defensively. That's a real blow.

Today they play the Tigers with Kluber on the mound. The Indians are a staggering -420 favorite. I've never seen a game above -300. It's an absolutely crazy number -- I'm not even sure you'd see that number if the Indians played their AA affiliated.

Anywho, yeah, like Whodean said...Indians ain't no good. Cue another injun logo!

Comment

Working...
                                X