No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mitchel hit 35% from 3 last year and 42% overall. Kennard hit 43% from 3. I just can't see the Pistons adding more guarfs who cannot shoot. Picks 9,10 and 11 would have been great - Smith, Collins and Monk. That's what happens when you have a mediocre team.

Comment

• Originally posted by jaadam4 View Post

SVG needs to.go
      This. Dude is a punchline. He'd do better with a fucking evening time slot over at MSNBC talking politics. But I'm so over his fat ass as the head coach and GM of the Pistons. 113-137 as the HC & GM here. And the team completely and totally regressed after their supposed breakout season. Seriously almost seemingly every player on the roster damn near actually GOT WORSE this past season. What the fuck do they actually do in practice?? Stanley is firmly in the fast lane to being a complete bust. The franchise max player shoots at a worse FT percentage than my fucking mailman and can often be found at the end of the bench sulking like a 12 year old. The other franchise cornerstone (Reggie) is arguably the worst defensive player in the entire association. Ellenson played like 4 minutes all of last season. The HC spends every post game crying like a bitch -- "we're just bad", or "we just don't guard at all", or "we just don't move the ball at all or trust each other". Dude repeats this same garbage all season long. STAN -- newsflash dipshit, this is YOUR handpicked team. And YOU coach them. What does that say about YOU when you spend the entire season talking about how y'all don't pass, defend, or shoot?? When YOU "coach" them every practice? When YOU are the one who constructed this roster?

The franchise is a complete train wreck and it starts with the GM & HC.
      AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• Rubbish
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The King View Post
          Mitchell hit threes last year. Hard nosed defender. Wingspan, vertical, toughness.

When in doubt, I take the athlete in basketball. Always.
          I think after getting burned taking Stanley Johnson he went for the shooter this time...After watching Booker explode for 20+ a game while Stanley gets around 5 PPG, I can see why he went with the shooter this time...Unfortunately kennard is about as bad as I have seen as a defender, and I dont care what the measurables say he isn't very athletic, at least not on defensive end.....

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
            You might be right on that, I'm not going to die on that hill. My point was a guy who rebounds like that can be good, but in an era where everything is spread out his flaws get amplified.

Big Ben had many bouts of petulant pouting as did Rasheed. And they had those bouts at a much later age than Drummond is now. Let's not gloss over some of the nonsense we saw from those guys.
            True
            Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kentavious Caldwell-Pope suspended 2 games
              Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been suspended two games to start next season.
              This is from his DUI incident in March when he was pulled over at 2:50 in the morning. KCP is still likely going to receive a big offer sheet from teams like the Nets or even 76ers, but the Pistons are expected to match. For what it's worth, the Pistons did draft a a shooting guard in Luke Kennard.
              Source: Keith Langlois on Twitter Jun 23 - 4:18 PM
              Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Kennard is tough, give him a chance. Was a stand out football player. Last year got to the line 5 times a game. He might just be a gamer. I don't ever have hi expectations at #12. But you never know.

Comment

• Watch Stanley Johnson, Ellenson and Kennard turn out to be bosses.....

after SVG get the boot. Its like watching Holland staff a team
                  F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Sounds like the Pistons will match any offer to keep KCP.
                    If the 76ers don't get JJ Reddick (on a 1 year, $21MM deal?), maybe the 76ers pursue KCP.
                    With the Nets trading for Russell, idk if they will go after KCP.
                    Kings invested a lot to acquire Buddy Hield last year. I don't think they will go after another SG.
                    Maybe the Hawks make an offer for KCP... though Hardaway Jr is an option for them.

Really, it doesn't matter because again, this Pistons core will not win a championship. Likely not even a playoff series.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Because of course they will. Why try to be good one day when you can fight for the 8-seed?

Comment

• Langston Galloway. Rock the world Stan. Rock the world.

Comment

• So much for Kennard. OR you just gave $21 to some irrelevant deep bench guy.
                          ... assuming Detroit brings back their starting SG, KCP.
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• And wins 37 games. Maybe 40 as Indiana, Chicago and Atlanta will tank. Then draft at 16, getting someone mediocre. Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by fontes91 View Post
                              Langston Galloway. Rock the world Stan. Rock the world.
                              Hell yeah man, getting Galloway shifts the balance of power. I think this puts the Pistons really close to being able to compete with the Warriors in the Finals -- one more Galloway-esque player and the Pistons may be the team to beat next season.
                              AAL: KhaDarel Hodges

Comment

• ^HA!
                                GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

Working...
                                X