DetroitLionsForum.com
Please support the forum by using this link to shop with our sponsor:

Go Back   DetroitLionsForum.com > Sports Discussion Forums > Detroit Lions

Old June 22nd, 2017, 10:41 PM   #3221
jaadam4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Exactly. So despressing. Mitchell should have been the fit. NBA AA, length, 38" vertical. Plays hard and plays defense.

Another season of purgatory.
Agreed. I know Kennard can shout and he'll make a nice bench piece but thats all he is. He's not a starter. Just another average NBA player on a team of misfit toys. We need to swing for the fences. Mitchel, OG or anyone who can be an it player.

SVG needs to.go
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:29 PM   #3222
The King

Ya. Collins and Monk before us really hurt. Most of the NBA guys/scouts said it was an 11 player draft. The top 11 played out exactly as planned.

We picked 12th. Would up with the unathletic, no defense playing "shooter" from Duke. It's not like we ever saw this play out, right?
The King is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:30 PM   #3223
fontes91

Kennard has some game. I'll give him a chance. But it's the 12th pick. Look back 20 years, how many 12s even become rotation players? As for Mitchell, the Pistons are THE WORST shooting team in the nba. So the solition is to add another SHOOTING guard who cannot shoot?
fontes91 is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:30 PM   #3224
The King

Stanley/Henry/Kennard.

Three unathletic guys with limited upside. Picks 9/18/12.

You don't improve drafting safe in that range. We're stuck in the middle and there's nothing worse.
Old June 22nd, 2017, 11:32 PM   #3225
The King

Mitchell hit threes last year. Hard nosed defender. Wingspan, vertical, toughness.

When in doubt, I take the athlete in basketball. Always.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 12:01 AM   #3226
fontes91

Mitchel hit 35% from 3 last year and 42% overall. Kennard hit 43% from 3. I just can't see the Pistons adding more guarfs who cannot shoot. Picks 9,10 and 11 would have been great - Smith, Collins and Monk. That's what happens when you have a mediocre team.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 01:03 AM   #3227
Niffla

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaadam4 View Post

SVG needs to.go
This. Dude is a punchline. He'd do better with a fucking evening time slot over at MSNBC talking politics. But I'm so over his fat ass as the head coach and GM of the Pistons. 113-137 as the HC & GM here. And the team completely and totally regressed after their supposed breakout season. Seriously almost seemingly every player on the roster damn near actually GOT WORSE this past season. What the fuck do they actually do in practice?? Stanley is firmly in the fast lane to being a complete bust. The franchise max player shoots at a worse FT percentage than my fucking mailman and can often be found at the end of the bench sulking like a 12 year old. The other franchise cornerstone (Reggie) is arguably the worst defensive player in the entire association. Ellenson played like 4 minutes all of last season. The HC spends every post game crying like a bitch -- "we're just bad", or "we just don't guard at all", or "we just don't move the ball at all or trust each other". Dude repeats this same garbage all season long. STAN -- newsflash dipshit, this is YOUR handpicked team. And YOU coach them. What does that say about YOU when you spend the entire season talking about how y'all don't pass, defend, or shoot?? When YOU "coach" them every practice? When YOU are the one who constructed this roster?

The franchise is a complete train wreck and it starts with the GM & HC.
Old June 23rd, 2017, 03:43 AM   #3228
jaadam4

Rubbish
Old June 23rd, 2017, 07:08 AM   #3229
ghandi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The King View Post
Mitchell hit threes last year. Hard nosed defender. Wingspan, vertical, toughness.

When in doubt, I take the athlete in basketball. Always.
I think after getting burned taking Stanley Johnson he went for the shooter this time...After watching Booker explode for 20+ a game while Stanley gets around 5 PPG, I can see why he went with the shooter this time...Unfortunately kennard is about as bad as I have seen as a defender, and I dont care what the measurables say he isn't very athletic, at least not on defensive end.....
ghandi is offline   Reply With Quote Top
Old June 23rd, 2017, 11:13 AM   #3230
Futureshock

Quote:
Originally Posted by froot loops View Post
You might be right on that, I'm not going to die on that hill. My point was a guy who rebounds like that can be good, but in an era where everything is spread out his flaws get amplified.

Big Ben had many bouts of petulant pouting as did Rasheed. And they had those bouts at a much later age than Drummond is now. Let's not gloss over some of the nonsense we saw from those guys.
True
Old June 23rd, 2017, 03:48 PM   #3231
Futureshock

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope suspended 2 games
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope has been suspended two games to start next season.
This is from his DUI incident in March when he was pulled over at 2:50 in the morning. KCP is still likely going to receive a big offer sheet from teams like the Nets or even 76ers, but the Pistons are expected to match. For what it's worth, the Pistons did draft a a shooting guard in Luke Kennard.
Source: Keith Langlois on Twitter Jun 23 - 4:18 PM
Old June 23rd, 2017, 06:28 PM   #3232
fontes91

Kennard is tough, give him a chance. Was a stand out football player. Last year got to the line 5 times a game. He might just be a gamer. I don't ever have hi expectations at #12. But you never know.
Old June 24th, 2017, 03:55 AM   #3233
jaadam4

Watch Stanley Johnson, Ellenson and Kennard turn out to be bosses.....

after SVG get the boot. Its like watching Holland staff a team