Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even taking into account the usual factors about strength of competition at Houston, O'Korn came in far below expectations last year.

Comment

• I thought his completion percentage at yards/att at Houston were bad. They were god-fucking-awful in the year he lost his job. And now, looking back on it, you can see it was a QB issue. O'Korn was at 52% and 5.5 yds/att in 2014. Greg Ward took over and was at 67% and 7.6.

He can't throw even the semi-deep ball with any accuracy. That's what his time at Houston told/tells me. He had a couple good games in 2013, but even in that season toward the end his numbers were hot garbage.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Not to belabor the pointbut -- okay fine I'm belaboring the point...

He averaged 7.0 ypc his true freshman year with 28:10 TDs to INTs. He regressed badly his sophomore year. Without having watched any of his games previously, I'll bet that he looked exactly last year like he did in 2014 and not 2013. At the very least, I would have expected him to be able to carve up a below average defense or at least look servicable against a team like Indiana. Against Indiana last year he looked what an athelete wide receiver looks when he gets forced into the position by injury. Much worse than I ever imagined.
        Last edited by Hannibal; June 28, 2017, 07:51 AM.

Comment

• shaddup
          Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• This is an old article but it was linked in an unrelated post at mgoblog about the differences between pro and college offenses.

It's about Kevin Wilson, former IU HC, getting hired by osu as the OC. Has some interesting stuff in it, esp. The last section about Meyer changing Wilson's core DNA. I posted a Similar question a few months ago.

Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• OSU will average over 50 ppg with Kevin Wilson as the OC. His hire is the worst possible nightmare for us. The guy is a motherfucking genius. I wasn't even aware that he was the OC for NW for that 2000 fiasco. His 2008 Oklahoma offense produced the Heisman trophy winner, averaged 560 ypg, and scored 60 points in five consecutive games. He was also the co-OC at Oklahoma for the Jason White era when they beat Tejas by the score of 65-13. That was with teams that were somewhat talented, but not like OSU is pulling in now.

OSU will soon make a habit out of embarrassing the shit out of quality teams the way that Alabama frequently does against teams that are ranked. Like their whallopings of USC, Florida, and Tennessee last year (52-6, 54-16, and 49-10). We will be on the receiving end of at least a couple of those and it will always be a threat until Kevin Wilson is mercifully hired away to the mid-major that gives him a second chance.
              Last edited by Hannibal; June 30, 2017, 10:49 AM.

Comment

• sandbaggus AATalentlikeus
                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• The last section about Meyer changing Wilson's core DNA. I posted a Similar question a few months ago.
                  I think it will be mostly Wilson's offense, but I also think OSU will continue to run IZ.

Personally, I love the Wilson hire. I think he's going to fit in really well with what UFM wants to do. I fully expect to see a return to tempo that has been absent for awhile. I think the bigger question is how good is Ryan Day as QB coach?

I also love Schiano at DC. And taking advantage of the PSU changeover to get Larry Johnson.

It's a solid staff. Thumbs up from this guy!

Comment

• STFU
                    Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• We have received your request. Please allow 10-14 business days for processing.

Comment

• God willing, Kevin Wilson will impress a program like Louisville, Cincinnati, or Central Florida and with a little mea culpa, he will get another shot at a head job.

Comment

• My expectation is that osu's offense is going to look substantially different than last years. How effective it will be remains to be seen.

Based on KW's success just about every place he's run an offense, the best guess is somewhere between Hanni's view and something less dominating. It will be good but I can see some issues associat3d withe any transition to differnt concepts. ufm is not going to abandon what he does on offense to KW. IZ is likely to predominate. That flies in the face of the kind of tempo KW runs. Going to be interesting to watch early games. I plan on doing that.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• With tOSU's Dream Team of coaches...All FBS programs should just shut down operations...this is not going to be a pretty sight for the rest of us...it will be a bludgeoning much like the 1992 Olympic Dream Team march through to the gold...
                            Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

• At Utah and Bowling Green, I think that Urban ran something that was probably a little more along the lines of what Kevin Wilson would run.

Comment

• They're not going to average 50, but 45 is certainly possible. With OSU's defense, I think that should be good enough to win some ballgames.

Comment

Working...
                                X