Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class A state champ. Did well in finals against MSU 2017 recruit Xavier Tillman.

Comment

• More athletic and quicker than Smotrycz who had slow feet. If a legit 6'8", he's tall enough and has plenty of time to add good weight. Just putting in the effort to box anyone out is far more valuable than a guy who can jump a foot higher.

Comment

• New ESPN rankings are out and DeJulius made their top 100. He's at #84.

Comment

• In other news, Michigan doesn't make Cole Swider's (#48 in ESPN's new update & 89 in 247's comp) final 4.

Comment

• And also, Michigan offered 2019 SF, Romeo Weems. He's #84 in 247's composite but they rank him #26 and ESPN has him in their Super 25. I guess Scout and/or Rivals must have him quite low.

Comment

• Pretty critical class to sustain our high level of talent...

It's Duke vs everyone else right now for Swider. He's a favorite of mine and expect his rankings to continue to climb to near 5-star status. Once Duke offered, I knew our chances took a huge hit... Pete Nance PF (M vs NW vs OSU) would be very welcome in his place. He's set to visit Michigan and Northwestern in the next couple weeks...

Glad to see DeJulius (PG) jump in the rankings, he's now where he belongs...

Gabe Brown (SF) has seen a run of crystal balls in M's favor... Hopefully this doesn't say anything about M's chances with Iggy (SF) Brazdeikis...

Robby Carmody (SG) is still M's likely top target at SG with Ryan Cormac choosing Stanford.

Comment

• Lotta scuttlebutt that Johns has committed and should be public in the next couple days. M has led throughout so it wouldnt be a huge shock. Thought he was overrated as top 25 last year, but he was playing up a class too. Has showed much more explosion and aggressiveness this year. Hes now top 40ish which I agree more with. A buddy of mine coached vs Livers and is in Johns conference and said hes better than Livers right now.

Comment

• Wont be shocked if Hunter waits himself out of a schollie, which is unfortunate.

Comment

• Johns would be very welcome.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Oracle View Post
                      Lotta scuttlebutt that Johns has committed and should be public in the next couple days. M has led throughout so it wouldnt be a huge shock. Thought he was overrated as top 25 last year, but he was playing up a class too. Has showed much more explosion and aggressiveness this year. Hes now top 40ish which I agree more with. A buddy of mine coached vs Livers and is in Johns conference and said hes better than Livers right now.
                      The 247 CB's had been all spartie until 5 Michigan ones came in yesterday. That seems to back up what you've been hearing. It would be awesome to land a highly rated player from East Lansing!

Comment

• IF Michigan lands Johns, Nance and Carmody to go with DeJulius, that would have to be considered Beilein's best class since Mitch, GRIII, Nik, Caris & Spike and would likely be a top 5-10 class nationally.

They did also offer Race Thompson last week. He's #76 in the 247 composite. It seems like Beilein is casting a bigger net than usual. At least more offers earlier in the season.

Comment

• Well, shit. I just saw that Carmody committed to ND. Also, Gabe Brown is a spartie commit. Michigan didn't offer him on his visit so that likely swayed him to green.
                          Last edited by *JD*; June 28, 2017, 11:31 AM.

Comment

• Johns was never going to Sparty. M or OOS.

Comment

• He's supposedly going to announce tomorrow. Can't see it going any other way than the good guys, but....CROOTIN!

Comment

• It would be big. Getting one top-50 guy can get the ball rolling for 1 or 2 more.

Comment

Working...
                                X