No announcement yet.

Non-football related stuff that really makes your day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well done Phil Mickelson @ Muirfield, (20 miles down the coast from me) ....., definitely my favourite American......, excellent display of golf. Superb.
    "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Joe Walsh - Murrayfield Stadium, Edinburgh 22nd June 2022

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
      Well done Phil Mickelson @ Muirfield, (20 miles down the coast from me) ....., definitely my favourite American......, excellent display of golf. Superb.
      Agree, Marko. When Mickelson was young, I didn't like him at all. I thought he was an cocky, preppy asshole, but as he (we) have gotten older, he has turned into one of my favorites.
      I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Can you guys make a separate golf thread so that I can choose to never ever read it?

(I'm just giving CGVT shit for his anti-nba comments - but yes, golf is terrible unless you are the one outside on a beautiful day with a beer in your hand)
        Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• I can't believe there is a basketball thread at all.

Better add a smiley after that ^^^^
          "I'm having much more fun in my 70s in the 20s than I did in my 20s in the 70s.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Marko69 View Post
            I can't believe there is a basketball thread at all.

Better add a smiley after that ^^^^
            Why not?

There are 4 or 5 who watch it and it only takes 2 for a conversation.
            I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• Hey you 4 or 5, *shouts* GET A FKN LIFE!

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                Can you guys make a separate golf thread so that I can choose to never ever read it?

(I'm just giving CGVT shit for his anti-nba comments - but yes, golf is terrible unless you are the one outside on a beautiful day with a beer in your hand)

Golf>>>>>>>>>>>>NBA

Do you know why?
                The NBA suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks
                I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• I'd rather watch soccer over golf (and as a true American - I can't stand soccer).
                  Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Must admit, I'd rather watch soccer over golf too. But I'd rather watch Eastenders over basketball.

Comment

• I rather spend a full day antiquing with the wife than watch soccer or golf.

Comment

• I think being dragged to an Elton John concert w/b preferred by me over being forced to attend or watch soccer in any form and i absolutely hate Sir Light in the Loafers.

Watching golf on TV is as fulfilling as being prepped for a root canal.
                        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• YT....., antique shopping or woodworking with the wife? FFS, buddy...., is soccer REALLY that bad?

Panoptes, I'd rather have root canal, or even a colonoscopy before seeing, or hearing Elton John.

Golf is not the best of TV spectator sports....., especially the 1st 2nd and 3rd rounds. But the business end of the 4th round is always worth a viewing.

Two weeks until soccer season starts...., FUCKING YES!!! Can't wait.

MON THE HIBEES.

Comment

• YT....., antique shopping or woodworking with the wife? FFS, buddy...., is soccer REALLY that bad?
                            Hey Bud...I'm married into a Hispanic family and anytime there is a family gathering there is always a soccer match on the TV. Usually I find myself taking over as the grill master to avoid having to watch that retched crap.

But I'd prefer to watch paint dry than watch a soccer match

Comment

• Retched Crap? Have you been to Easter Road too?

Comment

• Negative. But I have killed the wabbit!

Comment

Working...
                                X