No announcement yet.

Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there are a lot of Microsoft spreadsheets I don't receive on my Mac--course my mac is 5 years old at least
    I had to change a lot of files into a mac format--did a lot of dvd burning etc which had to be changed from Microsoft to apple
    but overall when your phone/ipad/mac all our in sync it makes life very easy

just a word on the bad press trump got for his first op
    just so you know there are two sides to every story--that girl however young she was was definitely in the wrong place at the wrong time
    thoughts and prayers to the navy seal killed

Navy SEAL Team 6 members fought female fighters of the Al-Qaida in the Arabian Peninsula group in the Yemen raid over the weekend.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
      Change of pace:

Looking for a new laptop. Always had a PC laptop, though I do have an iPhone and an iPad, so I'm not anti-apple.

Anyway, Consumer Reports now recommends the MacBook.

Is it worth the extra cash? Will I have compatibility issues with existing files, and is the learning curve significant if I have never had an Apple laptop, or will my iPad experience make for a seemless transition?

Thanks in advance.
      When I move it is likely I am going to need a laptop so I can continue to do my schooling and continuing Education credits at home along with personal stuff. I am getting the gist that like me you tend more towards non Mac stuff. So I talked (a couple months ago) with a very good friend of mine (an Assistant IT guy for a public school system) and he said that for value (and what I wanted) an HP ProBook would be the way to go. The added benefit of that is you can customize what you want off their website.
      2012 Detroit Lions Draft: 1) Cordy Glenn G , 2) Brandon Taylor S, 3) Sean Spence olb, 4) Joe Adams WR/KR, 5) Matt McCants OT, 7a) B.J. Coleman QB 7b) Kewshan Martin WR

Comment

• Well, fuck Awlaki's daugher. She's a cute little eight-year-old, but she's also Awlaki's daughter. Seems like the raid went awry. I don't know how anyone's gonna blame Trump for that, and I don't think he has been, but, then again, the media culture we have has already been shaped quite a bit by him. Live by the 3; die by the 3.

Comment

• Another Chromebook fan here.

So much less bullshit to worry about.
          I feel like I am watching the destruction of our democracy while my neighbors and friends cheer it on

Comment

• Oracle it has that little flap, but it's not stable enough to type on my lap in the back of a car. That's the only time I miss my laptop when travelling. Still, so worth it not to have to lug a laptop through the airport. Surface much more usable on the plane, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whitley View Post
              When I move it is likely I am going to need a laptop so I can continue to do my schooling and continuing Education credits at home along with personal stuff. I am getting the gist that like me you tend more towards non Mac stuff. So I talked (a couple months ago) with a very good friend of mine (an Assistant IT guy for a public school system) and he said that for value (and what I wanted) an HP ProBook would be the way to go. The added benefit of that is you can customize what you want off their website.
              Leo Laporte (the Tech Guy) really talks up this Dell laptop.

Get your tech queries solved on the Ask The Tech Guys podcast! Tech experts Leo Laporte & Mikah Sargent decode the tech world, making it accessible for all. Subscribe now!
              "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• Originally posted by hack View Post
                Well, fuck Awlaki's daugher. She's a cute little eight-year-old, but she's also Awlaki's daughter. Seems like the raid went awry. I don't know how anyone's gonna blame Trump for that, and I don't think he has been, but, then again, the media culture we have has already been shaped quite a bit by him. Live by the 3; die by the 3.
                They hate us because of our freedoms

Comment

• I hate Jim Tressell and Urban Meyer because of their ``freedoms''.

Comment

• Just bought a new Surface Pro.

Thanks for the help.
                    "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• WHY? Worst option you could have picked, really.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlabamAlum View Post
                        Just bought a new Surface Pro.

Thanks for the help.
                        Guess we know who AA holds in such high regard around here.

Comment

• it was on sale. Have I mentioned I'm a Scot?

Also, the salesgirl liked it and she was smoking hot.
                          "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• I can't believe DJT got the Supreme Court right.
                            Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                            Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• The GOP plans to introduce a National Right-to-Work Law tomorrow that would probably just about kill what remains of private-sector unionism in this country.

I wonder if the Teamsters President that gushed about Trump 'saving jobs in Detroit' and all the union households that voted for Trump expected something like this as a 'thank you' for their support?

Comment

• Originally posted by iam416 View Post
                                I can't believe DJT got the Supreme Court right.
                                Probably because he let others handle it

Comment

Working...
                                X