Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quote:
    Originally Posted by WingsFan View Post
    I bought this snowblower last week, its electric and done the job quite well yesterday. No need for all the maintenance of gas blowers though I do use a 100 foot cord and it just barely made it to the street. Over all, I really like it and recommend it.

I grabbed one off Amazon Prime earlier this winter and it gets the job done but it gets bogged down pretty easily. In a big storm I would imagine I would be out there several times to clear it. I'm going to get the gas one fixed and use this as the backup.

I haven't had to try it in heavy snow (over 5 inches) yet, but yes I figured I would need to make 2-3 runs in a big storm. Its also light enough for my wife to use it (she cuts the grass half the time too).

Comment

• I know you're kidding, but many of his lyrics could be a folksy-urban poetry. For example:

"Whiskey bottles, and brand new cars
      Oak tree you're in my way
      There's too much coke and too much smoke
      Look what's going on inside you"

"Oh, take your time, don't live too fast
      Troubles will come and they will pass
      You'll find a woman and you'll find love
      And don't forget, son, there is someone up above"

LS was just here (Detroit) Thursday night, a friend of mine went. I passed, not into these over the hill artists and fillers of the original band. I guess Rossington and Medlocke are still playing with Johnny on vocals.

Last edited by WingsFan; February 4, 2017, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hib4n9RmFrQ"]Lynyrd Skynyrd - That Smell - 7/13/1977 - Convention Hall (Official) - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• [ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827981079042805761[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/827996357252243456[/ame]

Comment

• Skynyrd has about five songs that are just about as good as anything else out there. Just as Tom Wolfe probably has about five scenes in his books that are just about as good as anything. The saddlebags scene in Bonfire of the Vanities is something I haven't read in 25 years but remember just so well. One of the most memorable passages I've ever read.

Comment

• Some more devastatingly character descriptions from Wolfe: terrible-shaking-jello face, vineagar-lipped library lady. How houses in Buckhead are all mounted on top of a breast.

I agree he indulged in a whole lot of nonsense, and I've admittedly ignored the later work. Honestly I haven't read a ton of fiction in the last decade at all. But you can't deny the brilliance.

Comment

• I like your ode to the south though, AA. It is and has always been a morally bankrupt pile of dogshit, but every one of those has to have its flies. If the stank hadn't infected ther est of the country things would have been fine, but it did, so it can go fuck itself. But you're certainly right about college football though -- you sure do game-day right. We'll never approach that. And Nashville is a little gem.

And, yes, Detroit is a pile of dogshit too.

Comment

• Hack,

lmao at mixing up Tom Wolfe and Thomas Wolfe. Although, both were/are Southerners, they are very different. I hope that was intentional. If so, well done. If not, heh, dumbass.

The South is no more or less morally bankrupt than any place humans live. To point out such things is silly. It's like noting that Sally is a female human who is a carbon-based lifeform. It's wholly unnecessary verbiage. Redundant. But that is kind of your brand, so I will move on...

And pile of dogshit? I have no idea what you mean by that. I get the pejorative nature of it, it just means nothing to me. And I don't care. An attempt to change your mind would be wasted time. You attempting to change my mind would be wasted time. It's like if I called your wife a giant glob of festering mucous. I'm not sure that would make sense to you and why would you care anyway, even if I did think she were mucous, a whore, or the Queen of England (which is also the Queen of Canada), or any number of other things.
                  "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• Trump sat down with O'Reilly for an interview that'll show tomorrow. At one point, O'Reilly says "Putin is a killer". Trump responds: "There's a lot of killers. We've got a lot of killers! We're not so innocent ourselves!"

The school of American Exceptionalism/Neocons not very pleased

[ame]https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/828037708882771968[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/jpodhoretz/status/828043342349029384[/ame]

[ame]https://twitter.com/JonahNRO/status/828038580526313472[/ame]

Comment

• I think the bulk of the posters on this thread are now at -188 for failure to follow instructions. Back on track, Faulkner, while a decent writer for someone saddled with a Mississippi education, is hot trash.

I should note that the S!E!C! can lay fair claim to McCarthy even if his setting is southwest. Well, I guess The Road is set in pretty much how I envision the bulk of the South.
                      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Cormac moved to Tennessee when he was 4, but his birth state is Rhode Island. I will definitely claim him, though.

Agreed on Faulkner. And being bad is one thing, but to be that bad and to be that loved and respected is another thing.
                        "The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is sometimes hard to verify their authenticity." -Abraham Lincoln

Comment

• He very much reminds me of Strangelove.

Without the love or respect...

...and with a degree from a marginally better school.

Comment

• lol. Ohhh, to have been a student on Cornell's 1960's East German-inspired campus must have been very nice. Very nice, indeed.

Did DSL ever tell you how he'd take his best girl down to the polluted lake that would catch fire every summer?

Comment

• (To be clear, it was the polluted lake that would catch fire, not his girl)

Comment

• It's cool that you're so on board with gender identity trumping genitalia. Very forward thinking.

But, yes, many a day DSL and his "girl" would skip away from Advanced Plow Mechanics and take in the glory of fiery Lake Cayuga.

Comment

Working...
                                X