Miscellaneous And Off Topic Subjects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ghengis Jon View Post
    Here's something pathetic. Police in France have publically requested that people refrain from posting pictures and videos on social media because they're showing a dozen lifeless bodies here, body parts there, and that sort. Watching what was being sent out on the boobtube, the santitized clips they broadcast shows tons of people wandering around not helping those that are down, but with camera phone extended. What the freak are they thinking? I can possibly save someone's life or I can try capture video that will get hits on youtube. Hmmm, which do I choose? Those people should be sterilized so they can't reproduce.
    Yeah, that's really sad.

Comment

• Well I think there's good value in bearing witness, but certainly not everybody needs to be doing that. But to your point, Jon, a good friend lives in Nice, and the person she was with during this posted on facebook that bars and restaurants were shutting out people seeking shelter from the streets. They were talking toward the promenade when people came running away, so they retreated and are safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
        At least 60 dead and 100 injured in Nice, France. Terrorist plowed into a crowd of people with a semi truck then opened fire.

http://news.sky.com/story/attack-in-...crowd-10502068
        Many of you OP fans as well as Race fans will remember I stayed in Nice for the Grand Prix of Monaco, right there! Posted many photos and well as trackside reporting.

That's my hotel window in Nice, where the current attack and carnage occurred!

Pick a side Gentlemen, this is getting crazy. Purge and secure the Nation now or deal with this soft target shit until we crumble.

"Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• I remember that OP.

Comment

• Originally posted by Prime2 View Post
            Many of you OP fans as well as Race fans will remember I stayed in Nice for the Grand Prix of Monaco, right there! Posted many photos and well as trackside reporting.

That's my hotel window in Nice, where the current attack and carnage occurred!

Pick a side Gentlemen, this is getting crazy. Purge and secure the Nation now or deal with this soft target shit until we crumble.

Just go hunt "them" all down with your little 6 shooter big nutz

Comment

• As more details come out about this guy it seems that once again it's a loser/loner type with no connection to ISIS. His neighbors report that he wasn't religious and had recently been acting unstable due to his marriage falling apart and financial problems.

The Bastille Day killer described by Isil as a "soldier of Islam" regularly used dating sites to pick up male and female lovers, it was claimed on Sunday night.

Comment

• A psychopathic, homicidal maniac, but lets call it terrorism so we can further roll back privacy rights, increase domestic surveillance, and cow the public through fear.
                “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Who the heck knows? A few months ago ISIS leadership suggested ramming vehicles into people. So whether it comes from on high or from outsiders inspired by the core organization, you still have the same situation. Lone wolf sure does explain the focus on the francophone world though. The UK does a marginally better job incorporating minorities than continental Europe, and France has absorbed a lot of Muslims from their former colonies, who they treat like shit compared to how Muslims are received in Canada or the US or Australia. Hence, France keeps getting hit because it has radicals locally, and not because of decisions made from the ISIS rump state in Mesopotamia, perhaps.

Which all suggests that the correct policy in the US is the exact opposite of the conservative freakout approach. We should not be wetting our panties like OP has. Few countries do multiculturalism better than the US does. It should keep offering Muslims a platform to come, remake their lives, define for themselves what their religions should be on a mosque-by-mosque basis (when they do the answer is always less violent unless there's a Saudi-funded imam), and assimilate themselves into our communities as they have been for decades.

The biggest challenge is the influx of Saudi money for mosque building and to pay for imams that promote Wahhabism. I don't know how you do that without violating constitutional rights.

Comment

A psychopathic, homicidal maniac, but lets call it terrorism so we can further roll back privacy rights, increase domestic surveillance, and cow the public through fear.
                    Not necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mike View Post
                      At least 60 dead and 100 injured in Nice, France. Terrorist plowed into a crowd of people with a semi truck then opened fire.

http://news.sky.com/story/attack-in-...crowd-10502068
                      The only ones to open fire were the cops that killed him.
                      "Your division isn't going through Green Bay it's going through Detroit for the next five years" - Rex Ryan

Comment

• One of the first things I thought of when I heard of this, is how many truck drivers (in general) that I've heard state that they'd like to do the same thing, because of the frustration they feel driving down the road, dealing with the DOT, State Police, US Customs, etc.. etc.. etc...

Whenever I was behind the wheel, I actually drove with just a bit of fear sitting on my shoulder. I was worried about my trailer being properly hooked, .. are my tires still holding air... are my brake lines full of air and sealed, .. are the lugnuts all tight .. etc..

Yes, we check those in our pre-trip inspections, but things go wrong as you are driving as well ..
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by UKBB View Post
                          The only ones to open fire were the cops that killed him.
                          Yeah, that was bad info from a very early report.

Totals are now 84 dead and 202 wounded.

Comment

A psychopathic, homicidal maniac, but lets call it terrorism so we can further roll back privacy rights, increase domestic surveillance, and cow the public through fear.
                            ...or to win an election.

Comment

• An IM convo with IT today.

11:43:58 AM: Hoss: Brad, do you know if the new(er) iPads have cameras with flash capability?

11:44:12 AM: Brad: No ipad does that I am aware of

11:44:23 AM: Hoss: OK, thx

11:44:57 AM: Brad: Even the iPhone isnt really a flash, so much as a semi-bright LED...

11:45:12 AM: Hoss: Are you going to be in your office in about an hour? I am on my way there to punch you in the dick.

I made the last part up....but I almost typed it.

Nerds....

Comment

• shaddup
                                Shut the fuck up Donny!

Comment

Working...
                                X