No announcement yet.

Nebraska...not feeling Frosty anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He also lacked the 3rd district support (western 2/3rds of the state)... he had some ideas that the farmers didn't like
    Grammar... The difference between feeling your nuts and feeling you're nuts.

Comment

• As I understand it, the Western 2/3rds of Nebraska is a festering hellhole of unmitigated nothingness bereft of intellectual query and even mildly useful endeavor. It ought to be a penal colony. The Wizard lives there in his quasi-feral state. QED.

I may actually be a bit wrong. 2/3rds seems way off. I'd say 9/10ths.

TO's approach to those primates barely touched by evolution ought to have been: "Fuck off you Mongoloid Dipshits!"
      Last edited by iam416; April 26, 2015, 07:32 AM.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Tried to introduce paper currency, steam-power, and indoor plumbing to a people not yet ready

Comment

• I flew from Chicago to Denver a couple weeks ago at night. It was perfectly cloudless for most of it and you could make out the lights of plenty of cities along the way. I could see Omaha and what I guessed was Lincoln and then, all of a sudden, I was over North Korea.

Comment

• That will teach you to fly on Bucknut Airlines ....
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Number of Pelinis

Ohio: 2

Nebraska: 0

Nuff said.

Comment

• looks like we win

Comment

• So now you're shitting on Nebraska's winningest coach of this century? The guy who salvage the Solich-WCF debacle from the trash heap and had you boys winning 9 or 10 games every season? You may be looking back at those days of lots of wins as the good ol' days.
                  Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                  Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• My thoughts bounce back and forth on this one.. I don't think Bo would have led UNL to a BIG championship. And yet when I look at who he hired.. how disorganized they were... how many times they shot themselves in the foot just to do it there way... how often they had to learn the hard way... I think a new coach can win in this league if they are just above average.

Then I think about changing coaches again... the starting over.. the lack of recruits in neb back yard.. will UNL become Minn... the doubt creeps in.

so yes, we could look back on Bo foundly..... but even if success falls, I doubt many in the state would want him back. They'd rather start over again

Comment

• Yeah Bo had you guys in limbo. It's the toughest situation to be in. You know the guy is never going to give you an elite team and in the meantime, he gets completely humiliated at least once a year. But he still won nine games a year. I'm prety sure that Riley is not an upgrade. Maybe if Scott Frost gets a few more years in the oven he can be your guy.

Comment

• Pelini is the first coach in a long time that got fired mainly because he was a jackass. The record was OK, yeah they had those embarrassing losses but his main problem was his deportment.

In some ways it reminds me of Saban at Michigan State. He righted the ship that went off course during the end of Perles. They got back some credibility of the program, but still got some humiliating losses, especially in the bowls. It seems like every bowl game with Saban they were overmatched by their opponent. But he was making progress but he was a tremendous jackass. But by the final season of his tenure, there were signs that it was really turning around. He had some fiercely loyal supporters and a lot of people who were not sad to see him go, even though it meant Bobby Williams.

Comment

• Yeah, Pelini is an interesting case. Clearly a jackass and being that kind of guy has its costs. He paid.

Hard to say if Riley is an upgrade or not. Pelini appeared from the outside to be disorganized as far as developing a coherent identity for Neb. Ask me how I know about that.

Riley could be very good at that. We don't know. His record before Neb isn't particularly encouraging in that regard but coaching in Lincoln would seem to me to be a very different set of circumstances. Neb, like M has historical cred that if its harnessed correctly can potentially facilitate significant change.

As an aside, Harbaugh has done quite an amazing job of this in his first 90 or so days in the front office. I'm still not sure that is going to turn into wins. That is a whole different story but, unlike Riley, Jimmy Ball Game is in a different league when it comes to running a football program. I'm counting on that to produce some gritty wins from a not so talented team.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
                            Pelini is the first coach in a long time that got fired mainly because he was a jackass. The record was OK, yeah they had those embarrassing losses but his main problem was his deportment.

KU fired the fatman for being a jackass... TT fired Leach for the same.. fyi

IMO Bo was fired because people didn't think he could take nebraska back to where it belongs. Being a jackass probably cost him a year or two.
                            Last edited by entropy; April 27, 2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                              Yeah Bo had you guys in limbo. It's the toughest situation to be in. You know the guy is never going to give you an elite team and in the meantime, he gets completely humiliated at least once a year. But he still won nine games a year. I'm prety sure that Riley is not an upgrade. Maybe if Scott Frost gets a few more years in the oven he can be your guy.

agree.. Hoss called it Bogatory. I still have mixed feelings on it.
                              Last edited by entropy; April 27, 2015, 11:42 AM.

Comment

• Jeff... I'll help with your evidence and something that drove me nuts about Bo's team. year to year it was tough to tell the direction Bo wanted to go with the team because recruiting appeared to be about who they could get rather than the fit he wanted. If you play a engage, read and react on your DL, fast small guys at DT are not who you should recruit... but Bo did. if you want RB's who can make plays in space and catch the ball, you don't recruit a big guy who can only run straight ahead... yet Bo did.

Comment

Working...
                                X