Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M-Borg vs. THE Flavortown U Thread, Orig. by Buckeye Paul, absconded w/by talent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks, OP. I appreciate that window into your particular counterculture.

Comment

• There is no doubt that OSU made fewer mistakes than Bama and walked away with the win but that is about it.
      I'm not sure how you quantify mistakes and such. Ohio State was pretty much a parade of mistakes in the first 20 minutes. 2 TOs that gifted 14 points to Alabama and a clownshow redzone offense. But, you're correct that Ohio State did walk with the win.

No doubt Meyer is building a beast but it's another year or two away IMO.
      Well, you're correct again that Ohio State is still improving as a program. I happen to think they're pretty decent this year, though, with some nice wins. But, hey, if this is a lesser UFM team, I can live with that.

Oregon is going to assjack you guys & I've got another $500 that says the same.
      So, I work for the State these days. While the hours are great and the quality of life is off the charts, I don't make private practice money, so $500 still means something to me. Unlike you and your Agua Gold, Yacht Empire. That said, I'm still intrigued, but I need to put some metrics on "assjack". What is that? 21? 28? 35? If I can get a number on it, then I'll consider it.

Personally, I think Oregon wins. I'll spend the first part of this week looking at the matchup with cold objectivity and then the last part of the week and the weekend trying to find some reason Ohio State can win. I'm not sure OSU has the speed at LB to stop Oregon. They have a DL that can cause some issues (waaaay better than FSU's) and the DBs are ok. Darron Lee has the speed to play in this game, but Curtis Grant does not.

Offensively, Cardale still worries me. But, I do like OSU's OL and Ezekiel Elliot. I'll have to read up on Oregon's defensive approach to get a sense as to whether OSU can score enough to keep the score respectable.
      Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
      Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Work for the State, as in making license plates? What the hell did you do?

Men of destiny and masters of all they survey, never permit "Vegas spreads" to poison the event. They are reserved for bean counters and weasels that hedge the opportunity in order to scurry away with few crumbs regardless of the outcome.

When Meyer kicks Oregon's ass, no one will ever remember the "spread".

So, I work for the State these days. While the hours are great and the quality of life is off the charts, I don't make private practice money, so $500 still means something to me. Unlike you and your Agua Gold, Yacht Empire. That said, I'm still intrigued, but I need to put some metrics on "assjack". What is that? 21? 28? 35? If I can get a number on it, then I'll consider it.
        ?I don?t take vacations. I don?t get sick. I don?t observe major holidays. I?m a jackhammer.?

Comment

• Originally posted by Optimus Prime View Post
          Work for the State, as in making license plates? What the hell did you do?.[/I]
          From what I gather, he tries cases. If he works for the State, he is an Assistant State Attorney, or Assistant Public Defender. But, whatever, he is a trial lawyer. So is UMStanWhite.

Trial lawyers are a special breed. They fight for a living. Some make a lot of money, some just survive; but they all are in the arena, and they all fight.

They have interesting lives.

Comment

• Not quite. Attorney General. And such. But anyone who knows my name could find that out. I wouldn't trade my private practice years for anything, but I will never voluntarily go back. The 8.5-hr day, time with kids and family, time for other things...I always thought "quality of life" was sort of bullshit, but it's worth well over six figures to me these days!

Yeah, umm, OP, I'm not betting a 7.5 point underdog straight up for $500.

Comment

• I regret not doing it. My dad was, so I had to be different. He's had a great and rewarding career tho.

Comment

• Talent: "Personally, I think Oregon wins." He essentially said the same thing about the Tide. After watching Urban's powerhouse I don't think Oregon has faced a power matchup like that. As a rule, I think power beats finesse.

Comment

• There are two fundamental things that Oregon does well:

They run the ball which means they know how to block at the LOS and down field. Those big runs that Mariotta and his backs rip off don't just happen without a lot of good blocking.

They tackle in space about as good as any team I have seen play this season.

So, they run power and they play physical defense. Two ingredients that are required for winning football. The Ducks have that and they don't make many mistakes.

That's the principle difference between Oregon and the bucks.

I do think that ufm has a remarkable capacity to scheme and then play call, in game, to limit a player's likelihood of making game altering mistakes and at the same time without killing the offense. I'm not sure what he does on defense and I can't imagine Fickle is good at that.

This will be a close game but I think the Ducks will win it as Jone's, maybe playing from behind, is going to do something stupid on his own.
                  Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Chris Ash is the DC.

Oregon's defense is ranked 84th or something.

Ohio State will have every bit as much talent on the field, or more, than Oregon.

Ohio State's DL will be the best Oregon has faced.

I still think OSU's LBs will be a huge problem for the defense. And I still don't trust Cardale. So, I think Oregon wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by entropy View Post
                      I'm not sold on Franklin being a great coach.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                      Me neither. He is a good recruiter though
                      AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If Ohio had not handled Alabama's defense the way they did, pretty much by beating them physically, then I wouldn't give them much chance against the Ducks.

But, they pushed Alabama all over the field. If they do that to Oregon, then pencil in Ohio as the NC.

However, I still think that ball security will play a huge role in the game. If Ohio wins the turnover battle, they win the game, IMO.
                        "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I am convinced Ohio State will win for a # of reasons.

1. The team I root for loses in big games probably 95% of the time.

2. Ohio State has a better head coach & he has Ohio State playing so motivated right now.

3. Based on recruiting for the last 5 seasons, I think Ohio State is more talented. We'll see how that looks during the game. Oregon has the edge at QB, though in Ohio State's system... Anyone can be QB.

4. I've seen Sam Bradford lose to Urban Meyer in the 2009 NC game while looking "human." I've also seen the Ducks in 2009 struggle on offense vs Ohio State. Combine the Ohio State & Urban Meyer factor, I'm thinking Oregon's offense won't be that good.

Those are silly reasons, but are why I think Ohio State will win.

Ohio State 30
                          Oregon 18
                          AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• and Oregon lost to Rich Rodriguez ....
                            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• I think it hinges on big plays. Turnovers and busted coverages and long plays from scrimmage. I do suspect OSU is more resilient and I think they might win too, unless Oregon has a great first half. Unless Oregon somehow pressures Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                                I am convinced Ohio State will win for a # of reasons.

1. The team I root for loses in big games probably 95% of the time.

2. Ohio State has a better head coach & he has Ohio State playing so motivated right now.

3. Based on recruiting for the last 5 seasons, I think Ohio State is more talented. We'll see how that looks during the game. Oregon has the edge at QB, though in Ohio State's system... Anyone can be QB.

4. I've seen Sam Bradford lose to Urban Meyer in the 2009 NC game while looking "human." I've also seen the Ducks in 2009 struggle on offense vs Ohio State. Combine the Ohio State & Urban Meyer factor, I'm thinking Oregon's offense won't be that good.

Those are silly reasons, but are why I think Ohio State will win.

Ohio State 30
                                Oregon 18
                                Oh wow, I don't know about 30-18. This is an interesting game since both teams know both offenses so well. I actually think Urban knows oregon's offense better than they know OSU's though since Urban has studied and taken elements from theirs probably more than they have done to ours. I could see either team winning and wouldn't be surprised by anything besides a blowout. I'm going with OSU by 3. I think it's over the o/u of 75 though.

Comment

Working...
                                X