No announcement yet.

The Rest of College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of the OSU-M game is playing in a NY6 game. Whether it's the Rose or another game depends on Iowa. But either way, it's still a good deal.

Personally, I want to see a B10 team in the CFP provided it's not M...heh...so I'll be rooting for Iowa and MSU.

Finally, for a group that wants to do away with "The Game," you sure show a lot of affection for the tradition of the Rose Bowl :-)
    Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
    Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• There is a scenario in which M makes the CFP. It involves two earthquakes and a plane crash. After that, it gets complicated.

Comment

• why we are talking about this?
        We are not a playoff team, and quite frankly don't deserve it.

Comment

• ftr, nobody here wants an end to the game.

I've already conceded that we're not going to the playoffs. We lost that opportunity on a muffed punt snap in October.

A Rose Bowl appearance in Harbaugh Year 1 would be super, and an excellent consolation prize.
          "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
            A Rose Bowl appearance in Harbaugh Year 1 would be super, and an excellent consolation prize.
            The Rose Bowl is never a consolation prize. Biggest, oldest, most prestigious, most storied bowl of them all.

All others look upon and weep.
            “Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.” - Groucho Marx

Comment

• Of course you're right Jon.

The Rose Bowl is no consolation prize.

Comment

• I want the Rose Bowl or NY6 Bowl (Peach, Fiesta), not the CFP (Orange, Cotton) where I don't think M quite belongs just yet...

I also want M to win the B1G Title but given Sparty's luck this season, I don't think that's likely. Also secretly rooting for the Holiday Bowl since my brother moved not too far from San Diego...

M is in the Citrus, Outback Bowl too much and with family near both places I've been to Tampa, Orlando enough.

In order: Rose Bowl, Peach, Fiesta, Holiday, Citrus then Outback...

Comment

• I made a 50 before 50 list (kind of a non dying bucket list) and had go to the Rose Bowl on it. After the past few years, I changed it to go to a bowl game because I didn't know that M would go to the Rose Bowl before I turned 50.

I think I'll change that back.
                  To be a professional means that you don't die. - Takeru "the Tsunami" Kobayashi

Comment

• Lol. Going to a Michigan Rose Bowl is definitely on my bucket list. I've always wanted to watch them lose in person.

Comment

• I'd like to make a trip to see Michigan in Pasadena also. I've talked to a lot of people who have been there, and they recommend it, .. in spite of the losses .. :-)

Comment

• Texas Tech beat Texas by hiding its smallest player behind its biggest ones

Comment

• I guess you could say this is why CFB is fun.

Pretty amazing play.
                          Mission to CFB's National Championship accomplished. JH chased Saban from Alabama and caused Day, at the point of the OSU AD's gun, to make major changes to his staff just to beat Michigan. Love it. It's Moore!!!! time

Comment

• Hey but that's not a penalty for being "deceptive" like Jake Butt was...
                            Kliff Kingsbury seems like he would be a fun coach to play for on offense.

Iowa at Nebraska today at 3:30. Can't wait to see how that turns out.
                            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• GO HUSKERZ!

Comment

• TCU beating Baylor helps Michigan's small chance at making the playoffs.
                                AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

Working...
                                X