Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dylan Crawford WR/DB/ATH is probably staying out West... I expect a decommit or two...

I hope Gary can stay away from the generous SEC bagmen. I'll say Gary NT, Hill CB, Delance OL, Allen TE, Onwuzurike DE and a LB (Jones or preferably Jackson)...

Oracle easily wins his bet with Talent and M finishes with a top 6 class.

Comment

• According to Rivals, Taysom Hill QB grad tranfer is a distinct possibility. Appears Mr. O'Korn will have to earn his starts.

Jim Harbaugh is as serious as a heartattack about winning the NT next fall.

Talent just soiled his trousers.

'
      "Whole milk, not the candy-ass 2-percent or skim milk."

Comment

• Originally posted by SeattleLionsFan View Post
        Don't sleep on the Huskies. They've put a bunch of D players into the league the last few years. And Seattle is amazing (obvi)!
        Marcus Peters and Danny Shelton.
        Peters is a beast in KC right now, but was kicked off the Washington team last season I think...
        AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• If the top tier players continue to want to join this class, wonder if Harbaugh will find a way to gray shirt or otherwise direct the weaker links in this class... Not good form, but Coach wants to win.

Comment

• According to Rivals, Taysom Hill QB grad tranfer is a distinct possibility. Appears Mr. O'Korn will have to earn his starts.

Jim Harbaugh is as serious as a heartattack about winning the NT next fall.

Talent just soiled his trousers.
            I remember a time WAY back around 2000 or so, when many of us Michigan fans laughed at Ohio's selection of a guy named Tressel to be their new HC. From the Youngstown State "Penguins", of all places. I'm guilty as charged. I felt that Lloyd Carr was a solid HC, and he had assembled a group of coaches and players that was going to continue to dominate the rivalry with Ohio, for the foreseeable future..

Then, our All-American quarterback decided to play baseball for an Ohio alumni.

We all know whats happened since.

College football fortunes can change on a dime. I believe its happened at Michigan.

Ohioans and Sparties can scoff all they like, but with Harbaugh, its game on.
            "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Taysom Hill is allegedly going to follow Mendenhall to Virginia.

My guess is he's on the table but won't end up at M.
              There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Yeah, he could end up elsewhere. And it's okay if he does.

But its still game on.
                "What you're doing, speaks so loudly, that I can't hear what you are saying"

Comment

• Originally posted by lineygoblue View Post
                  I remember a time WAY back around 2000 or so, when many of us Michigan fans laughed at Ohio's selection of a guy named Tressel to be their new HC. From the Youngstown State "Penguins", of all places. I'm guilty as charged. I felt that Lloyd Carr was a solid HC, and he had assembled a group of coaches and players that was going to continue to dominate the rivalry with Ohio, for the foreseeable future..

Then, our All-American quarterback decided to play baseball for an Ohio alumni.

We all know whats happened since.

College football fortunes can change on a dime. I believe its happened at Michigan.

Ohioans and Sparties can scoff all they like, but with Harbaugh, its game on.
                  You are raging at invisible men scoffing at Harbaugh. As usual. I think everyone thinks he will turn it around. I scoff at the coverage of the guy and the cult of personality surrounding the guy. But he is definitely the right guy for the job.

Comment

• Until Harbaugh's team beats Sparty and the bucks, bragging rights belong to them.

The 2016 class has yet to finish. With the addition of Bush and Walker this week, all of a sudden it's all about HARBAUGH!!! again as if, I'll get to that, scoffing at this is warranted.

M's last regular season game, where M got assrailed by osu and for all intent and purpose ufm ate JH for lunch, should keep everyone's giddiness about M football in check.

If this class finishes like the Crystall Ballz think it will, great. M isn't there yet and there are going to be surprises and dissappointments ahead.......Crootin.

Not only that but while the roster has potential, it's unproven. There are holes, the OL is average to slightly above, unless Walker is actually ready and he survives camp without injury, M still doesn't have a featured running back and a running game that opponents have to scheme for. QB? Who knows. Huge question mark. That's not the makings of a great offense that's worthy of getting all giddy about.

Who's going to be the DC? Can he coach his players to defend against the read option, spread? If he can't osu will repeat what it did to M in November, this time in c-bus. And I still don't like the depth on the DL nor the agility of the LBs so, there is that.

Sure, M's got the right guy at the helm, the best possible choice and I'm glad about that but JH has yet to prove he can put his players in a position to beat his rivals. In fact, he's demonstrated he can't.

A ways to go and the safe place to be for us fans is to be quietly waiting.
                    Last edited by Jeff Buchanan; December 19, 2015, 10:45 AM.
                    There is such a thing as redemption. Jim Harbaugh is redeemed at the expense of a fading Ryan Day and OSU. M wins back to back games v. OSU first time since 1999-2000​ - John Cooper was fired in 2000!!!

Comment

• Wow, Jeff. You say ufm ate JH for lunch. Then you tell us how the team doesn't have RBs, a good OL, depth at DL, nor agile LBs. You ask if the new DC will be able to coach his players to defend against the read-option, which is clearly a shot at DJD. How is it again that ufm, with probably the best roster in college football, ate JH for lunch? I'm sure you'll blame JH for DJD, but what about all of those roster deficiencies? Could it be that ufm had a superior team? I say, switch rosters and JH wins.

I give credit to ufm for coming to the B1G when Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska are shadows of their former selves. He left the SEC at the right time. His only competition has come from Mike Dantonio's Spartans.
                      Last edited by Rocky Bleier; December 19, 2015, 11:10 AM.
                      I'll let you ban hate speech when you let me define hate speech.

Comment

• Yeah, Liney is tilting at windmills, Froot. While HARBAUGH!!!!'s first year is basically on par with Hoke's first year -- maybe not quite as good -- no one in their right mind thinks he's another Hoke. However, I'm not exactly sure why Dantonio or UFM should tremble and concede. Even though UFM is, as Buchanan pointed out, only the 3rd best coach in the division, he's still pretty good.

I hope Gary can stay away from the generous SEC bagmen. I'll say Gary NT, Hill CB, Delance OL, Allen TE, Onwuzurike DE and a LB (Jones or preferably Jackson)...
                        FWIW, the OSU guy I trust said that Gary going South is now a total smokescreen. He's all M barring something significant change of heart.
                        Last edited by iam416; December 19, 2015, 11:26 AM.
                        Dan Patrick: What was your reaction to [Urban Meyer being hired]?
                        Brady Hoke: You know.....not....good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Bleier View Post
                          Wow, Jeff. ........How is it again that ufm, with probably the best roster in college football, ate JH for lunch? I'm sure you'll blame JH for DJD, but what about all of those roster deficiencies? Could it be that ufm had a superior team? I say, switch rosters and JH wins.
                          No question. osu has and had a far better roster than M did when they met in AA. That is especially true with respect to depth almost across the board.

Was osu nearly 30 points better than M in AA? No. The talent disparity does not account for all of that.

Was the 369-57 difference in total rushing yards due to the talent disparity? I suppose you could say that but I wouldn't buy it and neither would most observers of that game.

No question, loosing Ruddock in the 3rd quarter was a big deal. How big a deal? Maybe two TDs based on what we'd seen up to the point where he left the game. So, M loses 42/27 best case. Still a butt kicking.

urban had his team prepared ON BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL. If the score is an indicator, and I think it is, JH didn't.

Are there extenuating circumstances? Yes, but those are all whines and excuses. You won't hear JH talk about it and M fans shouldn't be talking about it either. Pretty sure Harbaugh would be the first to tell you he, for lack of better preparation and the team because the coaches did not put them in the best position to win, got whupped.

Comment

• They lost Rudduck in the 4th quarter with 12 minutes left and were down 35-13.

Comment

• Yes, yes, of course ....... but, you know this. Michigan and by extension JH got assailed in AA. Shameful.

My view is that a good deal of that had to do with poor preparation and in-game reaction to what osu and by extension ufm was doing. That's coaching. There's one guy responsible for that.

Therefore ufm ate JH for lunch. One can describe that however they like but the conclusion I arrived and at the words I chose to describe that shitastik outcome are fully supportable by the facts.

Comment

• They didn't do anything to force OSU out of their comfort zone. Much worse teams were able to do that. M didn't. So, yeah, I'm with you defensively. And I don't think there's any intricate magic sauce to it...it was macro issue that a HC or even a distracted DC could address. They didn't.

Offensively, I thought they did about as good as they could given that their OL didn't have a prayer of run-blocking OSU's DL.

Comment

Working...
                                X