Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by froot loops View Post
    34 wins sounds about right. They won 32 last year. I don't see enough improvement in the talent. I guess they are hoping for continued improvement in chemistry with Jackson and Drummond. They haven't been very good defensively this fall.
    I'd lean more towards this
    F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I want Brooklyn to be right, but if they get to 48 wins I would be flat out stunned. I know their record after Smith left, but I think they will miss Monroe. Just his flat out talent, he would have a few games a year where he was a beast.

Letting him go was necessary for spacing sake but it makes the team thinner nonetheless.

Comment

• We didn't really have much of a choice with Monroe tho. He wanted out and there was nothing we could do. He made the right move for himself going to the powerhouse he chose. He did it for the rings.
        F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I'm not making a value judgment, I just think that is a fairly big hole he left. He's not a championship player but he did put in some points and grab some boards. In an 82 game season you need guys like that.

Comment

• I don't disagree at all. Just saying he left on his accord and there wasn't a thing we could do
            F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• It wasn't like the Suh situation. We couldn't match or franchise
              F#*K OHIO!!!

Comment

• They could have paid him the money before last season, the cap didn't prevent them from doing that.

Comment

• The Stanley Johnson upgrade on the wing will offset any downgrade due to Monroe leaving, and sooner rather than later. I'm also buying in on Reggie. I think they will be In that 39-42 win range this year.

Comment

• I made a prediction months ago (maybe on this forum?), but I forgot what it exactly was.
                    I'll stick around the same idea I've had at thinking the Pistons go 37-45. Something like that.

Problem is that the East is getting better as a whole. The bottom teams should no longer be awful, but rather "not good."
                    Phili's core is getting more experienced, Orlando is getting more experienced as well. NYK are getting Carmelo back.
                    Miami, Indiana, Boston, Milwaukee, and even Charlotte should be better.

Pistons are the worst team in their division. They won't make the playoffs this season. Next year? Maybe.
                    Last edited by Cody_Russell; October 27, 2015, 10:16 AM.
                    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• I like them for 48 wins because of Drummond, the overall depth, and the amount of shooters now on the team. The system is in place, and their key guys should all be getting better. Nobody is on the down cycle. And then their draft pick looks like a home run on the surface (still to be proven though). Watching old ass Steve Blake look like a kid in a candy store, play like an all-star with so many shooters and Drummond available, in the final preseason game gives me added optimism too.

If the team doesn't make the playoffs, it will probably be because the 1 and the forward 4 and 5 spots are defensively is below par (assuming relatively health for the roster). That's this teams biggest weakness as built now. I feel good about the depth and defense at the wing spots, but overall the team will probably be below average defensively. Drummond is not a natural post defender at all. I'm sure he'll get better over time, but not this fast.

So I think the team will be a top 10 scoring team, but defensively only average at best. Drummond's insane offensive rebounding will push the pistons up a tad in both broad defense and offense metrics too. That could be enough for 48 wins in the east IMO.
                      Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• If this does end up being a 34 win team whats the next move? Trade Drummond? Fire SVG?

Comment

• Feel free to participate in the PISTONS OVER/UNDER CONTEST. Get your picks in before tip-off and you'll be eligible to win some unique "artwork" by the artist formerly(and sometimes still) known as tin mad dog!

Here's what last year's winner (featured bottom left) got:

Comment

• iirc the Pistons record was significantly better with Monroe out injured. And the plus minus when both Monroe and AD were on the floor was terrible. They didn't fit together. And Monroe will never be a stretch 4. His choices with Detroit were basically back up center and maybe some PF if AD was out. He had to go.
                            They could have traded him prior to last season and maybe received a late first round pick or perhaps a role player. But Stan wanted to see if he could make it work. And it didn't, and then it was too late to trade him. He's gone. I liked him, but I'm glad he's gone.

Comment

• we're building a fucking wall, and it starts tonight

Go P stones

Comment

• Originally posted by wcfwtf View Post

Go P stones
                                Damn. Personally, I'd see a doctor about that. Those can be a serious health risk.

Comment

Working...
                                X