No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a lot of it can be attributed to hours upon hours of practice in the gym. Thompson was launching some of those last night while catching the ball. That's muscle memory.
    Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• It's called no hand checking. These guys are not better than guys in the past, you just can't grab them and contain them on the hip like you used to. Now guys can roam free. That's why a little guy like Curry is the MVP now. 10 years ago he's Dell Curry. A shooter off the bench.

Comment

• Just think if any of Westbrook/Roberson/Durant could put their hand on Curry's hip. Curry isn't going to be able to move. He can't come off screens. He can't do nothing.

Comment

• I'd guess if Iverson been in his prime for the no hand checking era he'd have won some championships and been revered as a level up from where people see him now.

Also, Curry isn't shooting the same since he was out. That might be as big a factor as any. If you can flick a wrist, in any window, and hit a shot 28 feet out, no problem, you must have incredible muscle memory and it has to be like the a finely tuned instrument (or something... it's rather unreal how good he is). His injury was a bigger deal than it would be for most players.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Yeah, it's the no hand checking, ok. Ha!

Comment

• Curry is the best shooter the NBA has ever had period. That said, no hand checking is a significant part of the story about how he's been able to develop his game the way it is. You can't really bully Curry like you could bully weaker guys during hand checking years. Curry would still be amazing, regardless, but the best way to defend him hasn't been legal since 2004. IMO he would not be an MVP contender if he could be bullied with hand checking to take advantage of his lack of core strength. And if he bulked up, he'd never be the slippery unreal unparalleled shooter he is now. Adding muscle while keeping shooting muscle memory is super hard.
              Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Westbrook does a seizure-flop on a terrible shot (again), doesn't get the call (again), and Golden State goes on an 11-2 run.

Love it.

When he actually wants to finish, he's nigh unstoppable. If only he would do it more often.
                Last edited by chemiclord; May 30, 2016, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Steph Curry putting on a ball handling clinic tonight and they are hand checking him all night. He just made Durant look silly.

Comment

• I don't get why Adams was on the bench for the last 5 1/2 minutes. That dude was killing the Warriors all series and Roberson had been solved as a defender.

Comment

• Beating up on the weak Eastern teams will not help Cleveland out west. Kyrie and Love are defensive liabilities, who guards Curry and Thompson? GS in 6

Comment

• Cleveland has been shooting the 3s at an insane rate...If they can continue to shoot like that they can beat the Warriors.

Comment

• They can definitely beat GS and they probably will
                          F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I don't think so jaad.
                            GO LIONS "23" !!

Comment

• Well I hope you're right because I can't stand them.
                              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• I think Cleveland CAN beat the Warriors... but I wouldn't give them terribly good odds.

Comment

Working...
                                X