No announcement yet.

Official Detroit Pistons thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• damn these Pistons. I would like to see them make up their mind! Tank or make the playoffs.

Reggie and Drummond are playing really well though.
    AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Both Jackson and Drummond's numbers have exploded without Monroe.

Comment

• Don't look now but the Pistons are one win away from the 6 year high water mark of 30 wins. They've been stunning in their consistency of winning right around 29 games a year. Almost unprecedented. They have 8 more games left, starting tonight in Charlotte.

I know they should be tanking or this is all meaningless, but we are starting to see the design Van Gundy wants for better or worse. At least we see some sort of design, I couldn't begin to tell you the design Joe D had decided on when he changed directions when trading Chauncey.

They are 24-23 since releasing Josh Smith.

Comment

• Missing Monroe tonight.
          Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Looks like the Pistons will be picking 8th this season unless anything extreme happens.

Sam Decker, Trey Lyles, Frank Kaminsky, Kevin Looney, or Stanley Johnson are possibilities.
            We don't need a center. Everything else can be upgraded.

Before anyway says "we have a SG, KCP." ... I wouldn't say having a SG that shoots .399 is safe.
            AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
              Looks like the Pistons will be picking 8th this season unless anything extreme happens.
              you can pretty much count that someone else will move up ahead of us
              F#*K OHIO!!!

You're not only an amazingly beautiful man, but you're the greatest football mind to ever exist. <-- Jeffy Shittypants actually posted this. I knew he was in love with me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cody_Russell View Post
                Looks like the Pistons will be picking 8th this season unless anything extreme happens.

Sam Decker, Trey Lyles, Frank Kaminsky, Kevin Looney, or Stanley Johnson are possibilities.
                We don't need a center. Everything else can be upgraded.

Before anyway says "we have a SG, KCP." ... I wouldn't say having a SG that shoots .399 is safe.
                We have 2 SG and some reasonable tall (and long in Reggies case) PGs. Unless they let Reggie walk, I hope they stay away from the guards.

I think SVG needs his players to be able to shoot reasonable well if he's building around Andre's incredible offensive rebounding rate. I really hope they give Kaminsky a long look. He's just so unbelievably productive and you just can't teach that kind of shooting at that size. What's crazy is how much Kaminsky gets to the free throw line too. The guy is just good.
                Rashean Mathis: "I'm an egg guy. Last year we didn't have (the omelet station). I didn't complain, but I was dying inside."

Comment

• Whoever is PF next season needs to constantly hit a jumper with Drummond at C.

That's why if the Pistons win the lottery, Towns might be a good pick. I heard he actually has good outside range, but Kentucky doesn't use that.
                  AAL 2023 - Alim McNeill

Comment

• Yeah you'd probably have to take Towns and hope his range develops if they got the number 1 (not likely...)

I personally like Okafor better overall though but he's obviously not a match with Drummond.

Comment

• So there have been some articles lately showing numbers that support Drummond being the best offensive rebounder ever (or since they kept detailed stats I guess). He's a pretty special talent and his jump hook is just getting better and better. I would not trade him for the number one pick this year. I'd keep Drummond, no hesitation.

Comment

• They need to keep Andre for a long time....He's a young rare talent , flirting with names like Dennis Rodman...that's good company to be with.
                        "I eat a lot of corn, so it's actually fairly easy for me to find kernels in my shits."-fontes91

Comment

• He's already got one of the top 10 offensive rebounding seasons ever (since they started keeping track in the late 70's). This year he should have two of the top 10 seasons.

Comment

• I'm starting to think that it's the mix of SVGs system and Drummonds unique talent that is making the Pistons point guards look like MVP candidates for short periods. Drummond adds like 4 or 5 easy assists to the PGs total per game, once they start doing that methodical top of the key pick and roll play over and over. Then when the help defender stays home, the PG only needs to be their one guy.

Maybe the Pistons should not overpay for Reggie. It might be a blessing that Reggie didn't have enough time left in this season to truly start rolling.

What will be crazy is when the SGs finally get the timing of that single Drummond pick and roll play down that SVG has them running over and over (Meeks is almost there, but KCP has a ways to go but at least he's tried it a few times).

Comment

• Originally posted by nhwbrooklyn View Post
                              I'm starting to think that it's the mix of SVGs system and Drummonds unique talent that is making the Pistons point guards look like MVP candidates for short periods. Drummond adds like 4 or 5 easy assists to the PGs total per game, once they start doing that methodical top of the key pick and roll play over and over. Then when the help defender stays home, the PG only needs to be their one guy.

Maybe the Pistons should not overpay for Reggie. It might be a blessing that Reggie didn't have enough time left in this season to truly start rolling.

What will be crazy is when the SGs finally get the timing of that single Drummond pick and roll play down that SVG has them running over and over (Meeks is almost there, but KCP has a ways to go but at least he's tried it a few times).
                              At SOME point, they're gonna have to pay SOMEONE. They aren't going to find a PG as good as Jackson in Free Agency. The Pistons can't just let him walk, especially since Jennings isn't going to be the same (no matter how many stars Pistons fans wish on).

Pay the man, ignore the frugal miser fanbase here in the Motor City. They hate anyone with talent, especially when that talent demands $$$.

Comment

• Listening to SVG he said he knew the contract demands with Jackson and he is comfortable paying it. You got to remember he wants to run a team. He can do that here, it wasn't happening in OKC and about 20 other franchises.

Comment

Working...
                                X