X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They spelled his last name wrong, it's actually, Iamaliabiltyo
    19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Oh quit it G. He wasn't that bad. He was ok.
      Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• He sucked in Det.

I would call him that in GDT after he (as expected) took a bad angle for a missed tackle (big gainer).
        19.1119, NO LONGER WAITING

Comment

• Suh secures ability to get a big deal in 2019
          Posted by Mike Florio on March 26, 2018, 6:57 PM EDT

With no one willing to give a big-money deal to defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, Suh did the next best thing: He signed a contract that gives him the chance to get a big-money deal in 2018.

As it stands, his one-year, $14 million contract with the Rams puts Suh within $3 million of what he was due to make in 2018 in Miami.

So if Suh rips it up, as he quite possibly will, with defensive tackle Aaron Donald next to Suh, he should be able to cash in next year on the open market.

Having cornerbacks Marcus Peters and Aqib Talib on the roster will help Suh, too. Having defensive coordinator Wade Phillips running the show on Suh’s side of the ball also should be good news, since Phillips likely will let Suh do what he wants as long as Suh brings it between snap and whistle.
          Trickalicious - I don't think it is fair that the division rivals get to play the Lions twice. The Lions NEVER get to play the Lions, let alone twice.

Comment

• Oh boy

Frank Reich looking forward to using ?elite? Eric Ebron
            Posted by Josh Alper on March 29, 2018, 10:08 AM EDT

Tight end Eric Ebron never quite lived up to the expectations that came with being the 10th overall pick of the 2014 draft during his four years with the Lions, but he?ll get a fresh start with the Colts after signing with them earlier this month.

His new head coach sounds pretty excited about getting a chance to put Ebron front and center in the offense. Frank Reich outlined some of what he thinks the Colts will do with Ebron this season by making a comparison to a star in another sport.

?There is a lot of man coverage in this league ? the league is going more and more man coverage ? so, now you put an elite tight end on the backside, it?s like clearing it out for LeBron, or something, in basketball,? Reich said, via the Indianapolis Star. ?Just get everybody on one side of the court and get this guy one-on-one. Well, that?s the analogy here. So, in football, get all the receivers on one side, get the back on the other side, and then just put the tight end back here and see what [the defense] does. And some teams will double him. And then you get a linebacker, you get a safety, and if you get a tight end like Ebron ? and even when they have a corner on him, you feel like it?s still a winning matchup, because of his size and catch radius.?

Comparisons to LeBron James rarely work out well for anyone other than James, but Reich?s larger point and the way the Eagles used Zach Ertz during his time as the offensive coordinator in Philadelphia point to a big chance for Ebron to change the narrative on his NFL career.

Comment

• Tight end Eric Ebron never quite lived up to the expectations that came with being the 10th overall pick of the 2014 draft during his four years with the Lions, but he'll get a fresh start with the Colts after signing with them earlier this month.

The comment section is hilarious

Comment

• Travis Swanson signed with the Jets ... I guess he's the Wesley Johnson replacement/upgrade.
                Forever One!

Comment

• Sounds like a spite signing to me.
                  Lions free since 6/23/2020

Comment

• Good luck with the Concussion protocol. He already has two strikes.
                    I long for a Lions team that is consistently competitive.

Comment

• John Lynch leans on former teammate Martin Mayhew
                      Posted by Charean Williams on April 3, 2018, 3:45 PM EDT

John Lynch admits he didn’t know what he was doing when the 49ers first hired him as General Manager. So one of the people he leaned on to learn the job was former Buccaneers teammate Martin Mayhew, who spent 15 years in the Lions’ front office, including parts of eight seasons as G.M.

“He’s been of tremendous value to me,” Lynch told Dave Birkett of the Detroit Free Press. “Elephant in the room, I hadn’t done this before, and I know what I know and I felt like I had some strengths and my experiences would come in handy, both as a player and as a broadcaster you get exposed to a lot. But there were some things that I just didn’t know, hadn’t been exposed to, so I knew I had to surround myself with good people.

“And one of the things we first talked about with [49ers CEO Jed York] was finding a guy who’s been a General Manager who’s sat in that seat, and it took me about 10 minutes to, ‘I’ve got the guy, if I can get him.’ I played with him and so I trust him implicitly.”

Lynch, who played in the secondary with Mayhew from 1993-96 in Tampa Bay, hired his friend as the 49ers’ senior personnel executive. Lynch has used Mayhew as his sounding board and mentor.

“He was one of the guys that I tried to pattern the way I went about my work,” Lynch said.

Comment

• Former Detroit Lions general manager Martin Mayhew interviewed for the GM job with the Carolina Panthers this offseason.
                        Forever One!

Comment

• Cardinals claim Alek Torgersen off waivers
                          Posted by Josh Alper on April 5, 2018, 4:37 PM EDT

Quarterback Alek Torgersen was waived by the Lions after they signed Matt Cassel on Wednesday, but it didn’t take him long to find a new home in the NFL.

Mike Garafolo of NFL Media reports that Torgersen has been claimed off of waivers by the Cardinals. Torgersen joins Sam Bradford and Mike Glennon on the quarterback depth chart in Arizona.

Torgersen played for the University of Pennsylvania in college and signed with the Falcons as an undrafted free agent last year. He was waived in September and spent time on the practice squad in Washington before closing out the year with the Lions. He was 8-of-20 for 95 yards and two interceptions in the preseason with Atlanta.

Torgersen will likely have to be pretty impressive over the next few months to have a chance of sticking on the active roster and any hope of that will take a hit if the Cardinals draft another quarterback later this month.

Comment

• Paul Worrilow’s season was over, so he and his wife Gina were back home in Delaware in time to see the Eagles face his former team, the Falcons, in a playoff game at the Linc in January. “It was my first time at the Linc,” Worrilow said. “We couldn’t pass up a chance to go and sit in the crowd….

LB Paul Worrilow is excited about getting started with the Eagles.

Comment

• Chris Ballard is following a deliberate plan to avoid the quick-fix temptations of free agency that helped get the franchise in the hole they're in.

Free agency is three weeks old, and the biggest move Ballard has made is to re-sign 45-year-old kicker Adam Vinatieri. Tight end Eric Ebron, who likely won’t be the top player at his position on the roster, has been the most significant of the five newcomers Ballard has signed. Owner Jim Irsay told reporters during the NFL owners meetings last week that free agency is “fool's gold. It’s Barnum & Bailey.”

Comment

• Ndamukong Suh says the 2014 Lions were the best team he's played for

“I always go back to my 2014 season, being blessed to be in Detroit and playing with some of the great guys there,” Suh said. “I understand this game is the ultimate team game. You’ve got to have guys next to you, behind you, and in front of you that you have to work with in practice and, at the same time, in games. You’ve got to have these guys that can help you be successful.”
                                Last edited by Futureshock; April 9, 2018, 12:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X